Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix Z490 Gaming E
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Sure here you go, it may need something else changing as once I replaced my your USBPorts kext with mine it seems to have done something to the OC graphical boot menu and there are whole load EFI icons in the boot menu.
Well, that was interesting. That kext does not work on mine, I've got display issues for some reason now so I’ll leave the EFI folder as is.

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Well, that was interesting. That kext does not work on mine, I've got display issues for some reason now.
I am going to stay on Macmini on my NUCs , on my real desktops like the Z390 you have I’m using iMacPro1,1. This might help others who are looking too go that route although the GenSYMBIOS toool makes it pretty easy to change. Is that what you used?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Intel Nuc8i3BEH1
CPU
Intel Core i3
Graphics
Irs Plus 655
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Are you go Buddy... I also cleaned it up I am running bios iMacPro1,1..... Should work with your i5. Let me know if it works.... I also include i7.

This fix the sound issue for me. However, I can't get sleep to work on my i3. Any idea?

Aza

Motherboard
NUC8i7BEH
CPU
Corei7
Graphics
Onboard
Can anyone suggest the best way to dual boot Windows on these NUC systems running Catalina? The Vanilla Guide for OpenCore just mentions partitioning, but Catalina sort of uses a partition group where there is a "Macintosh HD" and "Macintosh HD - Data" and I'm not sure if I'll break anything by partitioning one or the other.

Does Bootcamp assistant work? If anyone has any experience I'd appreciate some help. I'm assuming it is fairly straight forward but I don't have a cloned drive in this machine right now so I'm hesitant to change something.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Well, that was interesting. That kext does not work on mine, I've got display issues for some reason now so I’ll leave the EFI folder as is.

Wierd, OK when I have some time this weeekend I'll try making a new one based on your latest Page 90 EFI and let you know the result.

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Can anyone suggest the best way to dual boot Windows on these NUC systems running Catalina? The Vanilla Guide for OpenCore just mentions partitioning, but Catalina sort of uses a partition group where there is a "Macintosh HD" and "Macintosh HD - Data" and I'm not sure if I'll break anything by partitioning one or the other.

Does Bootcamp assistant work? If anyone has any experience I'd appreciate some help. I'm assuming it is fairly straight forward but I don't have a cloned drive in this machine right now so I'm hesitant to change something.
Supposedly boot camp does work with OpenCore. I’ve never tried it but if it does the program walks you through it.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
This fix the sound issue for me. However, I can't get sleep to work on my i3. Any idea?
I’m pretty sure my original EFIs allow all the i3 and i5 models too sleep but they don’t take into account the internal usb headers. If you don’t use those then I have a quick fix for you. If you do then you’d have to create your own USBSSDT or USBPort.kext. Same thing reallly, they just get installed in different places. the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553

Attachments

• EFI-2.zip
    12 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
yep that is much better! No crackles and volume seems normal
@jimborae and @PeteA I found a mistake in my EFI folder. I added the USBPort.kext but also left the SSDT-UIAC.aml in EFI\OC\ACPI and have it called out in the config.plist. That can cause a conflict being you only need one or the other. My suggestion for i7 users is to delete the SSDT and change it to NO or False in the config.plist. Apologies, I'll spend more time double checking before I post new EFIs next time.

Mistake.png

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i5BEH-83
CPU
i5-8259U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
  1. Mac mini
@jimborae and @PeteA I found a mistake in my EFI folder. I added the USBPort.kext but also left the SSDT-UIAC.aml in EFI\OC\ACPI and have it called out in the config.plist. That can cause a conflict being you only need one or the other. My suggestion for i7 users is to delete the SSDT and change it to NO or False in the config.plist. Apologies, I'll spend more time double checking before I post new EFIs next time.

View attachment 467922

i5 (NUC8i5BEH) users don't need to change anything?

Thank you

Motherboard
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
i5 (NUC8i5BEH) users don't need to change anything?

Thank you
Try the NUCEFIOC5.8.2 file on page 90 and let me know if sleep works or not. It was for me but it may not for you.