Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Maybe I'll try to switch to OC 5.6
Because on clover it does not work and I tried all the guides - Fixing iServices - Opencore Vanilla Desktop Guide
Also An iDiot's Guide To iMessage etc.
and nothing works
If OC doesn't work - maybe it worth trying another clean install with a new apple id?

Thank you
You can always try a different ID on your current install, usually its an account issue but I'm no expert.

OK
Good news!
After changing to OC 5.6 (on page 90) and updating the serial numbers it signed in in seconds!
So my guess that it's something to do with the Latest clover EFI folder

Thank you!

OK
Good news!
After changing to OC 5.6 (on page 90) and updating the serial numbers it signed in in seconds!
So my guess that it's something to do with the Latest clover EFI folder

Thank you!
Maybe, pretty sure it was working in clover for me too. At least it’s working for you now!

Last edited:
I appreciate the fast reply. I was able to get sleep working by doing the following:

- Removing eGPU
- Removing AppleALC.kext from EFI/Clover

Now the problem is getting it to work with the eGPU connected.

The eGPU was giving me the following abnormal behavior: I would put the computer to sleep, the eGPU would turn off, and then 5 seconds later the eGPU would turn back on. In my experience, the eGPU usally sleeps with the machine, so this was odd to me. I was able to fix this problem by removing a displayport to HDMI cord that I was using in favor of a standard HDMI cable.

Now, the computer sleeps, the eGPU sleeps, but everything crashes on wake. I just wanted to check in with the new details to see if it given the new information it still makes sense to look into the USB port configuration thread. I'm a little worried that the Appendix 2 in the thread you linked said that it is not a permanent solution :think:.

Again,

thank you for taking your time to read, look into this, and provide your expertise :)

EDIT 1:

I switched the bootloader from Clover to OpenCore for the heck of it to see if it changed anything. I tried to sleep without the eGPU, and the computer kernel panicked. I removed the AppleALC.kext from the EFI OC folder, and removed the entry from the config.plist. Now the computer does not kernal panic on wake from sleep, but the behavior is different from what I usally see when the computer is sleeping. The monitors turn off, and caps lock turns off on the keyboard. The power button does not blink. If I connect my eGPU, then the same thing happens, but the eGPU fans continue to spin and the LED on the eGPU continues to stay lit. The lights on the NIC also are active. The HDD activity LED does not look to be active.
I found this regarding EGPUs and laptops (which our NUCs are similar too) not sure it provides any additional insight but maybe some of it is pertinent.

Thank you. Now it is working on Clover. I was trying Sinetek-rtsx.kext downloaded from Sinetek´s GitHub. That was the problem. Didn´t know before that @chinese_spy needed to include SD Card id on the kext plist.
Now it is fine.
Thank you very much for pointing me to the right post.

Found something good for people using Clover.
We can get native NVRAM support using OSXAptioFix3DRV.efi and delete EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi definetly, but first we need to fix RTC and PMC with these SSDTs and disable Kernel AppleRTC fix on config.plist.
Without those SSDTs we cannot boot using OSXAptioFix3DRV.efi

We can get native NVRAM support using OSXAptioFix3DRV.efi
It's not native if you have to do something to get it, it's emulated.

It's not native if you have to do something to get it, it's emulated.
The variables will be stored on hardware and not on a fake plist.

The variables will be stored on hardware and not on a fake plist.

Did you test the end result in terminal?

NVRAM Testing: You can test if your NVRAM is working by running the following Terminal command and rebooting: sudo nvram TestVar=HelloWorld; once you reboot, run sudo nvram -p | grep TestVar; if you see a result, your NVRAM is working; if not, your NVRAM is broken and needs to be fixed, or otherwise iMessage won't work; after testing, you can delete the TestVar variable by running sudo nvram -d TestVar

Did you test the end result in terminal?

NVRAM Testing: You can test if your NVRAM is working by running the following Terminal command and rebooting: sudo nvram TestVar=HelloWorld; once you reboot, run sudo nvram -p | grep TestVar; if you see a result, your NVRAM is working; if not, your NVRAM is broken and needs to be fixed, or otherwise iMessage won't work; after testing, you can delete the TestVar variable by running sudo nvram -d TestVar
Yes, I did. Everything is working fine.

Back