Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

@Leesureone - thanks for your efforts. Following your post on page 90 and beyond, I have 10.15.4 running on my NUC8i5BEH. Ethernet works, audio works, Bluetooth works. Don't care about the wifi as I have gigabit ethernet on my desk.

The internal headers aren't addressed in SSDT-NUC8-BC.aml. You can add the internal ports to it and adjust the post count.

Thanks, will give that a go later tonight. If I get that working then this will be the best implementation of Hackintosh on NUC I've managed so far.

Last edited:
Thanks, will give that a go later tonight. If I get that working then this will be the best implementation of Hackintosh on NUC I've mananged so far.
Um thinking about this I've forgotton how to do this, care to point to a guide or tool to do this please. :(

Um thinking about this I've forgotton how to do this, care to point to a guide or tool to do this

The other thing you can do first is implement port limit patches in the config.plist and see if that does the trick. It's the less than ideal method according to most but could be all you need.

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Last edited:
The other thing you can do first is implement port limit patches in the config.plist and see if that does the trick. It's the less than ideal method according to most but could be all you need.

[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

Hi Leesureone, Success!!! Thanks for those links to guides which in the end I didn't use, but they led me to the updated one I've posted below which was really easy to follow. So once again thank you very much, all usb ports are working and I'm bang on the 15 port patch limit now that I've got a modified USBPorts.kext & removed the USBinjectall.kext. Happy days :)

On another note, not sure if it's just me, but from a learning perspective I seem to find OpenCore & config.plist editing via ProperTree, easier to do & understand what's going than Clover & Clover Configurator. Just seems more logical to me. Anyhoo thanks once again.

Hello @Leesureone , I've got 2x other nuc's up and running with Mojave. One using a really old Bios thanks to Rehabman, and one using Bios 71 (thanks to you about 4 weeks ago)... The newest Nuc is using bios 77!

This one is my first at trying to use Catalina. I've done exactly as you said, I built a USB using unibeast, then copied over and replaced the existing EFI folder with your Clover EFI folder.

I configured my Bios as required (I believe because i got it as close to my 71 as I could) and upon 1st boot it took about 60 min to reach the progress bar all the way across the screen, I rebooted the system due to impatience. Upon Second boot, i went ahead and did a -v where the last line it has come to now reads:

IOHDIXController: NOTE: administrator is creating non-electable disk image

Any idea's or help you've got would be super appreciated!

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]

Hi Leesureone, Success!!! Thanks for those links to guides which in the end I didn't use, but they led me to the updated one I've posted below which was really easy to follow. So once again thank you very much, all usb ports are working and I'm bang on the 15 port patch limit now that I've got a modified USBPorts.kext & removed the USBinjectall.kext. Happy days :)

On another note, not sure if it's just me, but from a learning perspective I seem to find OpenCore & config.plist editing via ProperTree, easier to do & understand what's going than Clover & Clover Configurator. Just seems more logical to me. Anyhoo thanks once again.
[/QUOTE]
The documentation is better for sure. Glad that worked out.

I used Leesureone's updated clover EFI on page 90.

I was able to get the install working. So far the obvious stuff works (keyboard, mouse, internet, display). However, when I put the computer to sleep it reboots on wake. I tested it with and without my eGPU attached so it does not seem directly related, but I do know that the eGPU can affect sleep. I also tested with and without "put drives to sleep" in the settings. Any tips or guidance is appreciated. I posted my computer specifications below, please let me know if any other information is required. Thank you again for your time.

Computer Specs
Intel Nuc8i7beh
i7-8559u
240 Gb SSD (Used for hackintosh)
1 TB M.2 (Used for another OS)
2 x 8 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4
RX 590 Routed through TB3 eGPU.

Hello @Leesureone , I've got 2x other nuc's up and running with Mojave. One using a really old Bios thanks to Rehabman, and one using Bios 71 (thanks to you about 4 weeks ago)... The newest Nuc is using bios 77!

This one is my first at trying to use Catalina. I've done exactly as you said, I built a USB using unibeast, then copied over and replaced the existing EFI folder with your Clover EFI folder.

I configured my Bios as required (I believe because i got it as close to my 71 as I could) and upon 1st boot it took about 60 min to reach the progress bar all the way across the screen, I rebooted the system due to impatience. Upon Second boot, i went ahead and did a -v where the last line it has come to now reads:

IOHDIXController: NOTE: administrator is creating non-electable disk image

Any idea's or help you've got would be super appreciated!
What model are you trying to set up now just to be clear? I did a quick search and got almost no hits on that language so it isn’t a common error. Double check your bios settings again, check and see if secure boot is turned off. You can always try installing Mojave again and use software update to get to Catalina.

What model are you trying to set up now just to be clear? I did a quick search and got almost no hits on that language so it isn’t a common error. Double check your bios settings again, check and see if secure boot is turned off. You can always try installing Mojave again and use software update to get to Catalina.

Thanks for the Quick Response, I hadn’t found anything either, it’s another NUC8I3BEK, same as the last one. The previous one I used your same EFI folder and did Mojave and that worked. Perhaps I’ll try your OpenCore install instead.

Thanks again for trying.

Back