Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

I thought that was what you asking, thanks for clarifying. Again, is your computer functioning correctly? Except for the "NO" in the system report what is the performance issue? I'm pretty sure I can change it but if its only a cosmetic issue then I'm not sure why I would.

I'm not sure, it seems to be working OK..

To new users trying to load Mojave on an NUC8x please be aware this guide is no longer being maintained.
With recent bios updates being pushed out by Intel above version 56 as well as updates by Apple to Mojave beyond 14.2 the guide has become outdated and no longer works as is.

Two additional things are needed at a minimum to be able to reach the Mojave install window.

1. An updated version of the Clover bootloader must be installed, I suggest version 4290 or higher, although slightly older versions will probably work but have not been tested. Rehabman’s version available through the terminal commands in his original guide on Github will cause the installer to halt.

2. An updated config.plist containing an ACPI/DSDT/Patch for an RTC issue that will also cause the installer to stall if your bios is a version higher than 56

***Some users are also apparently unaware that their Samsung 970 EVO plus SSD will also cause install failure if the firmware is not updated first. Visit the Samsung Website for instructions on how to create a bootable USB drive for firmware updates.

The attached EFI folder has all of the above as well as some fixes for onboard Audio and USB C functionality.

If you decide to use it it’s as simple as creating a bootable USB drive using UniBeast and then replacing the EFI folder with the attached.

Once Mojave install is complete and you have then installed an updated version of Clover to your hard drive replace the EFI folder on your hard drive with the same attached folder to finish the job. Afterwards I highly suggest you use Clover Configurator to create a unique serial number (although “continuity” is not an issue unless you have gone the route of adding a Wireless/ Bluetooth card in the one available M2 slot with the appropriate adapter mentioned in various NUC posts). Cheers

Edit: If you have issues with crackling sound from the headphone jack several users have reported success installing all kexts, with the exception of FakeSMC.kext, to the Library/Extensions folder. Audio over HDMI and the headphone jack both should work. (You can probably install all of kexts there, including FakeSMC.kext, if you prefer)

Updated EFI with Clover Version 5100, Catalina Ready 12/14/19
Added OpenCore EFI 3/1/20

Hi Leesureone, I would like to thank you very much for sharing you EFI with us.
I have made some changes on it, cleared some stuffs and fixed headphone audio quality and sleep.
This EFI has EmuVariableUefi.efi to fix NVRAM issue that was making trouble with iMessage and FaceTime. But People that want this feature must click on install RC scripts on target Volume when installing Clover on the ESP of Mac OS drive and, of course, generate a fake serial number, fake MB number and optional fake ROM number using Clover Configurator.
I am using the EFI on Catalina 10.15.3 and it is very stable.
My BIOS was update to last one [BECFL357.86A].

Attachments

• NUC8i7BEH_Catalina_Updated.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 105
Hi Leesureone, I would like to thank you very much for sharing you EFI with us.
I have made some changes on it, cleared some stuffs and fixed headphone audio quality and sleep.
This EFI has EmuVariableUefi.efi to fix NVRAM issue that was making trouble with iMessage and FaceTime. But People that want this feature must click on install RC scripts on target Volume when installing Clover on the ESP of Mac OS drive and, of course, generate a fake serial number, fake MB number and optional fake ROM number using Clover Configurator.
I am using the EFI on Catalina 10.15.3 and it is very stable.
My BIOS was update to last one [BECFL357.86A].
Thats interesting, I have native NVRAM without using EMUVariablesUefi.efi but I know some users have had issues with sound and some with iMessage. Good to know.

Hi,

It is NUC8i5.
Please see here. #894

If you have issues with sound quality or iMessage try adding EMUVariablesUefi.efi to the EFI/Clover/driivers/UEFI folder

here ya go. I have restarted the process of getting the latest lilu/WEG and USB ports working properly. This plist is the current state. I believe I have DSDT patches that need to be deactivated, but simply haven't gotten there yet.

EDIT: It seems to be getting more interesting. The CPU is a Kaby Lake, but the graphics are UHD 620. When I go through the idiots guide to lilu and its plugins, it suggests spoofing the video device, however, there is no combination that gives me access to the proper graphics ID. I would need to change the CPU architecture to Coffe Lake to get the proper IGPU ID.
Your config.plist looks like the one Rehabman's script generates which is fine. I think I may have given you some bad advice in response to your first post. There are a series of posts related to usb-accessories disabled error that may apply better to your issue. My thinking now is your original setup may still be the best with some possible tweaking with information below.

Last edited:
It works, but starting from Catalina, MacOS seems unable to control its volume, so I use the remote control for that. On Mojave, I could control it from the system interface.

Thanks for reply. For that vol control issue (which totally sucks) I used "iTunes Volume Control" app that controls iTunes only.

Hi,i have a question, i installed latest catalina using leesureone's cat8 efi, everything works except the sound for headphones is a little too low and (not sure if this has internal speakers but if it does they dont work),is there any fix for sound level? Nuc8i5bek

Hi,i have a question, i installed latest catalina using leesureone's cat8 efi, everything works except the sound for headphones is a little too low and (not sure if this has internal speakers but if it does they dont work),is there any fix for sound level? Nuc8i5bek
Try adding this to your Clover/Kext/Other folder

Attachments

• CodecCommander.kext.zip
    32.3 KB · Views: 50
I can not hear any difference, maybe its working properly and im just used to my phone's sound level (same earphones) thank you anyway

Back