Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

If you don't mind can you take a screenshot
I'm not at home so it would need to be later but a screen shot of what exactly?

You have a slightly different model than the guide was written for so that could cause a few different issues (an NUC 7i7DNHE vs a NUC7i7Bxx). I am thinking that the SSDT-NUC7.aml the script creates for your ACPI/ patched folder isn't properly capturing all your ports. More evidence of that is it appears you have a Broadcom adapter attached to one of the USB internal headers (the highlighted line in the hackintool usb output) and Rehabman didn't ever account for use of either of those. It could be as simple as that.

I would follow this guide from start to finish and create your own model specific SSDT and report back.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

I hear what you're saying. I tried to go down that rout, but it seems Rehabman also included details about the accelerated graphics in the .aml files. So when I removed them, my display lost acceleration. I spent the night trying to reestablish the graphics by following the guides for lilu and WEG, but seemingly got myself into a hole and had to restore my EFI folder.

I'm wondering if there is a place where I can "splice" the .aml file where the USB definitions reside, and somehow save the graphics information.

Hope that made sense.

I hear what you're saying. I tried to go down that rout, but it seems Rehabman also included details about the accelerated graphics in the .aml files. So when I removed them, my display lost acceleration. I spent the night trying to reestablish the graphics by following the guides for lilu and WEG, but seemingly got myself into a hole and had to restore my EFI folder.

I'm wondering if there is a place where I can "splice" the .aml file where the USB definitions reside, and somehow save the graphics information.

Hope that made sense.
I don't think that is true, if graphic information isn't addressed by WEG then it's done via the config.plist as either a boot argument, a device ID and or a PCIID entry. I don't believe any display information is captured anywhere but there. Have you tried Hackintool? It's an amazing piece of software that can help with your display and seperate usb issues.

You just have to identify which device ID your model is supposed to have, double check Hackintool has correctly identified it edit the info if needed, then use it to create a patch you can export to your config.plist.

I don't think that is true, if graphic information isn't addressed by WEG then it's done via the config.plist as either a boot argument, a device ID and or a PCIID entry. I don't believe any display information is captured anywhere but there. Have you tried Hackintool? It's an amazing piece of software that can help with your display and seperate usb issues.

You just have to identify which device ID your model is supposed to have, double check Hackintool has correctly identified it edit the info if needed, then use it to create a patch you can export to your config.plist.
OK, then maybe I have less of a handle than I thought :(. I looked through these files, and there is definite verbiage regarding graphics drivers. Also, when I remove these files from ACPI/patched folder, the acceleration is lost.

I've enclosed the two files here. Guidance appreciated as always!

Attachments

• SSDT.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 56
OK, then maybe I have less of a handle than I thought :(. I looked through these files, and there is definite verbiage regarding graphics drivers. Also, when I remove these files from ACPI/patched folder, the acceleration is lost.

I've enclosed the two files here. Guidance appreciated as always!
I agree there are sections in the second file that helped with graphics but lots has changed since Rehabman wrote the scripts that supported us (and great job he did at that). You can keep using his original SSDT-NUC7-DC.aml file and amend the USB section to include the internal header using MacAISL if you like. This guide has a link to the original guide that can explain more, in a nutshell you would need to identify the address of the internal USB header and then add it to the existing SSDT. I think that was what you were asking about. The easiest thing would be to substitute the internal port for one of the others but you can have both.

You can also start over and let WEG, which has taken over the graphics functionality, and use Hackintool to set it up properly. That and recreate your USB.SSDT.

Last edited:
Of Energy Saver screen. thanks.
Okay, I understand what you are asking now. Its abbreviated as you mention but for me its just a cosmetic issue being sleep/wake works perfectly. If you feel like tinkering there is more information here:

Energy Saver.png

Back