Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Motherboard
Intel Nuc 7i3 BNH
CPU
i3-7100U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi all, I used Sevift Clover files 100%. Works like a charm on a NUC7. I was not able to find the attachment anymore in his original post #1617
Find attached his version (with just minor adds by me on the clover gui)

Add your own serial and you should be good to install Catalina and run it. File is based on latest bios for NUC7 BHE.
I know this will be maybe a dumb question. But which bios version? 80?

Last edited:
Motherboard
INTEL NUC8i7BEH - Bios 74
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
Mac mini
Hi all, I used Sevift Clover files 100%. Works like a charm on a NUC7. I was not able to find the attachment anymore in his original post #1617
Find attached his version (with just minor adds by me on the clover gui)

Add your own serial and you should be good to install Catalina and run it. File is based on latest bios for NUC7 BHE.
Thanks BenMiller, I'll link to your post in my guide so at least point people to my guide and I'll put the two links for Nuc 7 and 8 as they are now. I wonder what happened to the website to mess up posts and some disspear. Anyway at least we have two efi folders that work and are solid for those new that come to the post.

Motherboard
Intel Nuc 7i3 BNH
CPU
i3-7100U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
Android
Thanks BenMiller, I'll link to your post in my guide so at least point people to my guide and I'll put the two links for Nuc 7 and 8 as they are now. I wonder what happened to the website to mess up posts and some disspear. Anyway at least we have two efi folders that work and are solid for those new that come to the post.
I used his and now I have a fully Catalina installed on a Intel Nuc 7I3BNH.

Thanks!!

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
Mac mini
NUC8 AND NUC7 WORKING links have been updated and moved to the top of my guide. NOTE: Page 1 of this GUIDE written by Rehabman NO LONGER WORKS. The guide below and EFI links work 100 percent.

@spottsy Link my GUIDE for making install USB for Catalina/Mojave here as it has updated links now. Some added info and made some things clearer. When I get time I'll write a new simplified guide to link to with images to follow.

Spottsy GUIDE: Has both links and info on installing MacOS Hackintosh.

Updated links for you to bookmark for EFI folders below:

NUC8 Leesureone: Big thanks to Leesureone. I have come to appreicate the massive amount of hard work he has done in building a solid EFI folder for our NUC8's.

NUC7 Sevift (Thanks to BenMiller for Posting) Again Thanks for sharing a working EFI folder for NUC7's.

For those of you how simply can now copy the EFI to your USB and install Catalina/Mojave this saves a huge amount of headache. I pulled my hair out for a good two weeks using other guides and Rehabman's guide and nothing worked until I found this link.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
Mac mini
Hey, I seem to have a similar problem (at least it still happened before the upgrade to 15.1): it does not freeze, but the spinning beachball appears and I can enter my password letter by letter - one minute per letter.
Do you still have the problem and is it similar ?
I have a NUC8i7BEH as you do. Download Leesureone's EFI and replace yours and it is solid with Catalina 10.15.1. Make sure you change the Serial Number to your serial number before replacing first.

Download link is the first link near the top of the page.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
Mac mini
Motherboard
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
Mac mini
INFO ON NUC 9 engineering sample.

Looks like cooling is improved and needs to be but still has heat issues. "Intel has placed a pair of 80mm cooling fans up top to expel the hot air from the NUC."

"It also has one M.2 2280 port and M.2 22110 port. In total, you install up to three M.2 PCIe or SATA III SSDs on the Intel NUC 9 Extreme, two inside The Element and one on the backplane. RAID 0 and 1 arrays are supported."

Motherboard
NUC8i7BEH
CPU
Intel i7 8559U
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus 655
@HedgeHog2k was it you that had packet loss on you ETHERNET NAS data transfer. I read this yesterday as a solution to it. You might have fixed it.

Hey man! It somehow fixed itself mostly, I don't know how.. However I do sometimes notice that my browsing speed is still slower then it should be, but when then do iperf everything is stable (constant 950mpbs+...). So I'm defintely going to try this bios setting!