Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Motherboard
Intel Nuc8i3beh
CPU
I3 8109u
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus graphics 655
Hi everyone,

First I'd like to say thank you to everybody here making my wish to create my first hackintosh possible. Great forum!

Thanks to Spottsy post on page 159 (previously page 160), and Leesureones, it seams pretty easy to get Catalina on my nuc8i3beh. But after reading the Rehabman's original method I'm a bit lost..

For a new install on a brand new NUC8, do I need to install clover on my USB before creating the "Clean install Catalina 10.15 bootable USB" as described in Spottsy post?
If so, can I follow the first steps of Rehabman's original guide to do so, or the more up to date Cric post here : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...2-on-intel-nuci5beh-using-clover-uefi.268502/
?
And after installation do I need to install clover on my internal ssd or just putting the efi folder with clover configurator is enough?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Intel NUC8i3BEH
CPU
i3 8109-U
Graphics
Iris Pro 655
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi everyone,

First I'd like to say thank you to everybody here making my wish to create my first hackintosh possible. Great forum!

Thanks to Spottsy post on page 90 (previously page 91), and Leesureones, it seams pretty easy to get Catalina on my nuc8i3beh. But after reading the Rehabman's original method I'm a bit lost..

For a new install on a brand new NUC8, do I need to install clover on my USB before creating the "Clean install Catalina 10.15 bootable USB" as described in Spottsy post?
If so, can I follow the first steps of Rehabman's original guide to do so, or the more up to date Cric post here : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...2-on-intel-nuci5beh-using-clover-uefi.268502/
?
And after installation do I need to install clover on my internal ssd or just putting the efi folder with clover configurator is enough?
Just dnld efi.zip from Leesureones @ page 90. Install clover on usb then replace with Leesureones efi, then boot the usb installer, install macos, install clover on ssd, replace with Leesureones efi folder. If you dont have mac, use vmware macos image(just google and download the vm image, apply patch to vmware so your windows pc can run guest macos)to create the usb using createinstallmedia just by drag and drop via terminal.

Motherboard
INTEL NUC8i7BEH - Bios 74
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
Mac mini
Hi everyone,

Thanks to Spottsy post on page 159 (previously page 160), and Leesureones, it seams pretty easy to get Catalina on my nuc8i3beh. But after reading the Rehabman's original method I'm a bit lost..

?
Ignore Rehabman's guide totally. It has no relevance. Only part still valid is bios settings.

The then follow my guide and that is all. It tells you the rest.

So in summary format the usb as it says in my guide. It creates a small hidden EFI partition and and a HFS+ partition for catalina. Then follow the guide. That copies Catalina 10.15.1 onto the drive. Then follow guide on loading the EFI partition which is empty.

Copy Leesureones efi folder into the empty partition. This is all in my guide. If you read post 901 which now on changed lol he would have answered most of your questions saying the Rehabman's guide who has stopped posting in this forum doesnt work anymore. He explains why.

Once you install catalina you then need to copy the efi folder from the USB to your empty efi partiton on your hard drive. That way you can now boot your hackintosh without the need of the usb in your nuc.

read my guide I make it very clear. you DO NOT need to install any clover. Any kexts/drivers. Nothing more it is all done for you already by leesureone's hard work.

The ONLY thing you will want to do is create a unique serial number again in my guide on how to do that.

Motherboard
NUC8i7BNH | Dell XPS 15" 7590
CPU
i7 8559U | i7 9750H
Graphics
UHD 655 | UHD 630
Ignore Rehabman's guide totally. It has no relevance. Only part still valid is bios settings.

The then follow my guide and that is all. It tells you the rest.

So in summary format the usb as it says in my guide. It creates a small hidden EFI partition and and a HFS+ partition for catalina. Then follow the guide. That copies Catalina 10.15.1 onto the drive. Then follow guide on loading the EFI partition which is empty.

Copy Leesureones efi folder into the empty partition. This is all in my guide. If you read post 901 which now on changed lol he would have answered most of your questions saying the Rehabman's guide who has stopped posting in this forum doesnt work anymore. He explains why.

Once you install catalina you then need to copy the efi folder from the USB to your empty efi partiton on your hard drive. That way you can now boot your hackintosh without the need of the usb in your nuc.

read my guide I make it very clear. you DO NOT need to install any clover. Any kexts/drivers. Nothing more it is all done for you already by leesureone's hard work.

The ONLY thing you will want to do is create a unique serial number again in my guide on how to do that.
As Catalina Desktop guides subforum is available and Rehabman is not present, maybe it's time to open a new post in there mantained by the new people that you made Catalina working :)

Last edited:
Motherboard
Intel NUC8i7BEH2
CPU
i7 Coffee Lake
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus 655
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Another issue I'm facing: the NUC8i7BEH freezes after some time (hours/over night?) when the display turned off..
. Anyone else with freeze issues?
Hey, I seem to have a similar problem (at least it still happened before the upgrade to 15.1): it does not freeze, but the spinning beachball appears and I can enter my password letter by letter - one minute per letter.
Do you still have the problem and is it similar ?

Motherboard
Intel Nuc 7i3 BNH
CPU
i3-7100U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
Android
WHAT IS WRONG WITH TONYMACX86 today. Is it just me. All my bookmarks to important links no longer work.

Like @Leesureone post 901 page 91 isn't his guide and his efi zip is not there. All my posts are not there. See my pic of the famous and important 901 attached.

Link below: page 91 post 901 see attachment pic and note post number 901 top right.

I'm trying to find @Sevift EFI Folder for the NUC7 but can't find it anywhere.

Also the website is really weird. It's taking too long to get into some links.

Motherboard
INTEL NUC8i7BEH - Bios 74
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
Mac mini
I'm trying to find @Sevift EFI Folder for the NUC7 but can't find it anywhere.

Also the website is really weird. It's taking too long to get into some links.
ALL THE WEBSITE LINKS ARE MESSED UP BIGTIME. Does anyone know how to contact moderators and inform them of the website problem and links.

I looked through ever post. I think it is actually this efi linked for the Sevift's NUC 7 as it was on that page. I think the attachement moved.

NUC7 EFI FOLDER DOWNLOAD: @Sevift can you make a new post with your Nuc 7 efi folder please. Your previous post is gone.

Leesureone's NUC 8 efi download is here for now:

NUC8 EFI FOLDER DOWNLOAD: Leesureone's post 894 page 90 is new details.

@spottsy GUIDE for making a bootable Catalina or Mojave install USB. Guide shows you all you need to get Hackintosh for both Nuc7 and Nuc8 working.

FOR NOW POINT PEOPLE TO MY GUIDE LINKED BELOW: I HAVE LINKED THIS PAGE IN MY GUIDE AS A TEMPORARY METHOD UNTIL WE GET THINGS WORKED OUT. POST 1582 PAGE 159

Last edited:
Motherboard
NUC7i3BNK
CPU
I3-7100U
Graphics
HD620
Mobile Phone
iOS
NUC7 EFI FOLDER DOWNLOAD: @Sevift can you make a new post with your Nuc 7 efi folder please. Your previous post is gone.
Hi all, I used Sevift Clover files 100%. Works like a charm on a NUC7. I was not able to find the attachment anymore in his original post #1617
Find attached his version (with just minor adds by me on the clover gui)

Add your own serial and you should be good to install Catalina and run it. File is based on latest bios for NUC7 BHE.

Attachments