Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Motherboard
INTEL NUC8i7BEH - Bios 74
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
Mac mini
WHAT IS WRONG WITH TONYMACX86 today. Is it just me. All my bookmarks to important links no longer work.

Like @Leesureone post 901 page 91 isn't his guide and his efi zip is not there. All my posts are not there. See my pic of the famous and important 901 attached.

Link below: page 91 post 901 see attachment pic and note post number 901 top right.

Attachments

Motherboard
NUC8I3BEH
CPU
Intel Core i3 - 8109U
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus 655
Hi
I created USB Installer of Catalina following @spottsy guide in pages 159
But when I tried to boot from usb stick It doesn’t show Installer. Please help me to fix this. Thank you

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Intel NUC8i7BEH2-74
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
When I go to post #1,765 there is a link for the NUC8 where one is directed to read post #901 first. However that post is about mics not working. I don't see any guide on that page. Then, the link at the bottom of post #1,765 links to page 160 where I see a mention of NUC8i7BEH working great following the guides by @spottsy and @Leesureone, but I cannot see any guides.
Am I missing something? Have I lost it??

Last edited:
Motherboard
Intel NUC NUC7i3BNH
CPU
i3-7100U
Graphics
HD620
Anyone tried OpenCore? They mention faster boot compared to clover.
Maybe they maintain Lilu.kext in future for playable DRM on intel GPU.
OpenCore link
the OpenCore is still in beta testing.
Constantly changing/adding new functions and instructions.
You should also be able to create the correct ACPI tables.
If you are ready for this, then you can try.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
Mac mini
When I go to post #1,765 there is a link for the NUC8 where one is directed to read post #901 first. However that post is about mics not working. I don't see any guide on that page. Then, the link at the bottom of post #1,765 links to page 160 where I see a mention of NUC8i7BEH working great following the guides by @spottsy and @Leesureone.
Am I missing something? Have I lost it??
Something is wrong with Tonymacx86 basically everything is a page out.

So Leesureone's post 901 has moved to post #994.

Basically everything is one page different so go to links and then go one page less. So use the links when you see them and go back a page examples below.

Here is Leesureones post for example. It WAS on page 91 and is NOW on page 90.

My Guide for installing Catalina and Mojave NUC7 and NUC8's was on page 160 but now is 159 here:

I hope the site fixes all the posts soon. Somehow a page got inserted somewhere lol. I was lost this morning trying to answer some questions.

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i7BEH2-74
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Basically everything is one page different so go to links and then go one page less
Oh wow! What a mindbender! At least you figured it out! Nice!
Thanks...

Motherboard
NUC8i7BEH
CPU
Intel i7 8559U
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus 655
Yes it is "unknown card" I did some more searching. It seems the Realtek card in our NUC is old and was put in laptops around 2016 onwards. I guess that is why the driver is 3 years old.
It seems to work with another 64gb SD card (samsung). However with the 64gb Sandisk I don't get it to work.. guess the card is bonkers...

Motherboard
Intel Nuc8i3beh
CPU
I3 8109u
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus graphics 655
Hi everyone,

First I'd like to say thank you to everybody here making my wish to create my first hackintosh possible. Great forum!

Thanks to Spottsy post on page 159 (previously page 160), and Leesureones, it seams pretty easy to get Catalina on my nuc8i3beh. But after reading the Rehabman's original method I'm a bit lost..

For a new install on a brand new NUC8, do I need to install clover on my USB before creating the "Clean install Catalina 10.15 bootable USB" as described in Spottsy post?
If so, can I follow the first steps of Rehabman's original guide to do so, or the more up to date Cric post here : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...2-on-intel-nuci5beh-using-clover-uefi.268502/
?
And after installation do I need to install clover on my internal ssd or just putting the efi folder with clover configurator is enough?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Intel NUC8i3BEH
CPU
i3 8109-U
Graphics
Iris Pro 655
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi everyone,

First I'd like to say thank you to everybody here making my wish to create my first hackintosh possible. Great forum!

Thanks to Spottsy post on page 90 (previously page 91), and Leesureones, it seams pretty easy to get Catalina on my nuc8i3beh. But after reading the Rehabman's original method I'm a bit lost..

For a new install on a brand new NUC8, do I need to install clover on my USB before creating the "Clean install Catalina 10.15 bootable USB" as described in Spottsy post?
If so, can I follow the first steps of Rehabman's original guide to do so, or the more up to date Cric post here : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...2-on-intel-nuci5beh-using-clover-uefi.268502/
?
And after installation do I need to install clover on my internal ssd or just putting the efi folder with clover configurator is enough?
Just dnld efi.zip from Leesureones @ page 90. Install clover on usb then replace with Leesureones efi, then boot the usb installer, install macos, install clover on ssd, replace with Leesureones efi folder. If you dont have mac, use vmware macos image(just google and download the vm image, apply patch to vmware so your windows pc can run guest macos)to create the usb using createinstallmedia just by drag and drop via terminal.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
Mac mini
Hi everyone,

Thanks to Spottsy post on page 159 (previously page 160), and Leesureones, it seams pretty easy to get Catalina on my nuc8i3beh. But after reading the Rehabman's original method I'm a bit lost..

?
Ignore Rehabman's guide totally. It has no relevance. Only part still valid is bios settings.

The then follow my guide and that is all. It tells you the rest.

So in summary format the usb as it says in my guide. It creates a small hidden EFI partition and and a HFS+ partition for catalina. Then follow the guide. That copies Catalina 10.15.1 onto the drive. Then follow guide on loading the EFI partition which is empty.

Copy Leesureones efi folder into the empty partition. This is all in my guide. If you read post 901 which now on changed lol he would have answered most of your questions saying the Rehabman's guide who has stopped posting in this forum doesnt work anymore. He explains why.

Once you install catalina you then need to copy the efi folder from the USB to your empty efi partiton on your hard drive. That way you can now boot your hackintosh without the need of the usb in your nuc.

read my guide I make it very clear. you DO NOT need to install any clover. Any kexts/drivers. Nothing more it is all done for you already by leesureone's hard work.

The ONLY thing you will want to do is create a unique serial number again in my guide on how to do that.