Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Hey did anyone have a solution to HDMI audio not working after waking from sleep. A different kext or something.

For now I just unplug the HDMI and plug back in after waking my NUC8i7 and audio works again.

Any advice would be welcome.
Hey man, did you eventually got to solve this one? I also still experience loss of sound after a reboot etc. Reinsterting the usb-c cable and then the sound is back. Quite annoying..

I also tried a (high quality) hdmi cable, but then my monitor (LG 27UK850) doesn't even show up in the sound output.
Edit: I now have sound with the hdmi cable. Let me monitor if the sound drops..

Last edited:
So that would mean we would be able to just update mojave to catelina from within macos? Would be great!
Once the final version is available you should be able to just upgrade, otherwise join the Apple Beta program. Again once the final version is available software update will get you sorted.

Leesureone you are a legend. Look forward to what you work out. You seem to be the most active and knowlegable in this forum so thanks for the help keep us informed. When you get your EFI worked out would appreicate you posting it even if it is early days.
Not exactly a legend but glad to contribute where I can, thanks for the good words! I posted Updated EFI folders just now on page 91 post 901. Ready for Catalina Beta!

Is it still possible to install Sierra on a NUC8i5BEB with BIOS 74 (i bought my NUC only a few days ago)? I tried with the explanations in Post #1, but all my tries stuck at/after IntelMausiEthernet and i found a post that the newer bios versions require a newer Clover (otherwise stucks) but when i use it (e.g. Clover 5070) i get the error "This version of Mac OS X is not supported on this platform". Has someone Sierra running with newer BIOS?
Hi. I just now installed Mojave on my intel i5beh NUC. I have newest bios on nuc. Check this, use this clover config: https://github.com/dongyubin/nuc8i5beh/tree/master/Mojave/4950EFI/CLOVER

Not exactly a legend but glad to contribute where I can, thanks for the good words! I posted Updated EFI folders just now on page 91 post 901. Ready for Catalina Beta!
What changed compared to before? Can I use it for mojave so I am prepared for when catelina is available?

Hi. I just now installed Mojave on my intel i5beh NUC. I have newest bios on nuc. Check this, use this clover config: https://github.com/dongyubin/nuc8i5beh/tree/master/Mojave/4950EFI/CLOVER
Great, I notice you have three memory drivers installed. I've been using AptioMemoryFix instead of OsxAptioFixDrv and OsxAptioFix2Drv_free2000. What function does Test2-2016 serve? I think that was for trouble shooting...?
Edit: I just swapped out OsxAptioFixDrv for AptioMemoryFix and it seems to be working fine, its an updated driver so I think it may be a better way to go. I'll have to test it a bit but I like it so far!

X
Drivers.png

Last edited:
What changed compared to before? Can I use it for mojave so I am prepared for when catelina is available?
Not much, I added a couple of kexts for HDMI audio is the only difference, yes it will work with Mojave.

Last edited:
Not much, I added a couple of kexts for HDMI audio is the only difference, yes it will work with Mojave.
care to share about what exactly has changed for hdmi audio?

so If I would were to use your EFI, it’s just a matter of mounting the EFI partition with CC and replace the full content? (I have copied my kexts to L/E btw)

also what is the best way to backup your full drive in case something would go wrong?

Anybody know how to get rid of this?
Screenshot 2019-10-06 at 20.03.55.png

Back