Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Have you tried updating Clover and the various kexts available like Lilu, WEG, etc? Are any kexts also installed in the Library/ Extensions (hidden folder you would have to unhide). If after checking out these suggestions with no improvement could you then please post your problem reporting files Rehabman mentions in the beginning of the post?

Hello, this is my report file. I have checked all the kexts file should be up-to-date. And the file also is installed in the Library/Extensions folders (Its seem like installed by the -make install_nuc8bc). Btw, thank you for your help:)

Hello, this is my report file. I have checked all the kexts file should be up-to-date. And the file also is installed in the Library/Extensions folders (Its seem like installed by the -make install_nuc8bc). Btw, thank you for your help:)
OKay, this happened to me as well following the guide. All kexts on your machine got installed in both locations, EFI/Clover/ kexts/ other as well as Library/ Extensions. There are arguments for installing in either location, but not both, and that is what I think your issue is.

Mine are all in installed in Clover/ kexts/other and work perfectly so I suggest you go back into L/E and delete the kexts the script added (make sure not to delete ant Apple intended to be there by following your screen shot of your EFI folder. When done rebuild the kextcache using the terminal command: sudo kextcache -I / Reboot and check your performance.

Other users have reported issues with crackling sound with this method but then solved it by deleting all kexts in Clover/kexts/other except FakeSMC.kext and leaving the balance you already have in L/E (delete FakeSMC from L/E though). That would be easier to do for you, no need to rebuild the kextcache when adding or removing kexts from Clover. Up to you, maybe try the easy way first and test. Good luck!

OKay, this happened to me as well following the guide. All kexts on your machine got installed in both locations, EFI/Clover/ kexts/ other as well as Library/ Extensions. There are arguments for installing in either location, but not both, and that is what I think your issue is.

Mine are all in installed in Clover/ kexts/other and work perfectly so I suggest you go back into L/E and delete the kexts the script added (make sure not to delete ant Apple intended to be there by following your screen shot of your EFI folder. When done rebuild the kextcache using the terminal command: sudo kextcache -I / Reboot and check your performance.

Other users have reported issues with crackling sound with this method but then solved it by deleting all kexts in Clover/kexts/other except FakeSMC.kext and leaving the balance you already have in L/E (delete FakeSMC from L/E though). That would be easier to do for you, no need to rebuild the kextcache when adding or removing kexts from Clover. Up to you, maybe try the easy way first and test. Good luck!

Thank for your help!:) I had successfully shutdown the NUC after deleted all the kexts that the script added into /Library/Extensions. And one more thing, when the Wifi USB is plugged also will triggered the shutdown to restart, so that I need to unplug the Wifi USB before shutdown (I can confirmed if the kexts file (added by scripts) in the L/B not deleted also will trigger this problem). I am looking could it fixed in the BIOS setting or only can looking forward the latest update. Did you have some ideas? :)

Thank for your help!:) I had successfully shutdown the NUC after deleted all the kexts that the script added into /Library/Extensions. And one more thing, when the Wifi USB is plugged also will triggered the shutdown to restart, so that I need to unplug the Wifi USB before shutdown (I can confirmed if the kexts file (added by scripts) in the L/B not deleted also will trigger this problem). I am looking could it fixed in the BIOS setting or only can looking forward the latest update. Did you have some ideas? :)
Glad that helped, as far as USB Wifi and bios settings go have you tried turning off the intel wifi/ bluetooth card? Thats my only suggestion at this point.

Have you updated Clover and all kexts as available, specifically Whatevergreen and Lilu?
I have, still no luck.
Attached is my report, if you could find any errors that would be great :)

Attachments

• debug_19591.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 52
I have, still no luck.
Attached is my report, if you could find any errors that would be great :)
I'm still looking at your output and not sure I can help, the one thing I did notice is in your EFI/ Clover/ drivers64UEFI its not looking good. I've attached the recommended drivers needed and then a shot of what you have, reconcile that and try again.

Attachments

• Reccomended Drivers.png
    Reccomended Drivers.png
    89 KB · Views: 103
  • Your Drivers.png
    Your Drivers.png
    363 KB · Views: 99
Glad that helped, as far as USB Wifi and bios settings go have you tried turning off the intel wifi/ bluetooth card? Thats my only suggestion at this point.
It's sad. The restart problem was happening again:( I doesn't do anything after successful shutdown the NUC (I have tried twice and it is also successful.), and let it continue to be in a shutdown state. But when I try to shutdown again today, it restart again after the shutdown. I can confirm the EFI/CLOVER and L/E are not changed anything because I doesn't do anything after successfully shutdown. It seems that the day was just a lucky success, and did not solved the problem (?) I have tried re-build the Clover and remove the kexts that the scripts added in L/E. I also tried to remove all the kexts in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other except FakeSMC and leaving the kexts in L/E without FakeSMC. But they all failed. I found some suggestions is to change the dsdt.aml file which included in ACPI/origin, but I can't know what the problem is.

To solve the problem, I formatted the SSD and re-install the macOS 10.14.5 Mojave again with the 0071 bios, and tried all the way I have tried, but the problem still happening...:crazy: So now the problems is, why I can shutdown the NUC successfully one day ago? and why now the way do not work again?:| I have no idea...

Thanks for the best guide for Nuc, I am facing one issue with NUC7i5BNH, whenever the machine goes to sleep (display goes to sleep) and I try to wake it up, the monitor connected with HDMI and Thunderport to HDMI both goes blank, I have to remove cables and re-attach to make it work. Any fix for this?

Thanks for the best guide for Nuc, I am facing one issue with NUC7i5BNH, whenever the machine goes to sleep (display goes to sleep) and I try to wake it up, the monitor connected with HDMI and Thunderport to HDMI both goes blank, I have to remove cables and re-attach to make it work. Any fix for this?
Try turning off power nap in power settings.

It's sad. The restart problem was happening again:( I doesn't do anything after successful shutdown the NUC (I have tried twice and it is also successful.), and let it continue to be in a shutdown state. But when I try to shutdown again today, it restart again after the shutdown. I can confirm the EFI/CLOVER and L/E are not changed anything because I doesn't do anything after successfully shutdown. It seems that the day was just a lucky success, and did not solved the problem (?) I have tried re-build the Clover and remove the kexts that the scripts added in L/E. I also tried to remove all the kexts in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other except FakeSMC and leaving the kexts in L/E without FakeSMC. But they all failed. I found some suggestions is to change the dsdt.aml file which included in ACPI/origin, but I can't know what the problem is.

To solve the problem, I formatted the SSD and re-install the macOS 10.14.5 Mojave again with the 0071 bios, and tried all the way I have tried, but the problem still happening...:crazy: So now the problems is, why I can shutdown the NUC successfully one day ago? and why now the way do not work again?:| I have no idea...
Remove all kexts installed into L/E, rebuild the kextcache, and then replace your EFI folder with this one. If it works great, if not I'm out of ideas.

Attachments

• EFINUC8.zip
    21.8 MB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Back