- Feb 21, 2010
- Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390
- Vega 64
- Mobile Phone
One kext left in clover/ other. Library/Extensions is a hidden folder in the main partition, not the EFI partition. See post 1008 for how to unhide it as well as how to rebuild the kextcache although if you use kextbeast to install it won't be necessary. Kextbeast can be downloaded from this site and instructions are posted on the download page. Rebuilding the kextcache is always done after removing a kext and or installing new ones. The device ID is in your config.plist and there are various ways to edit that hopefully you are familiar withAfter a couple of days of playing around, I found two issues with my current setup:
Issue 1) As reported (and fixed above) crackling audio. I understand that I need to move all kexts except FakeSMC.kext to the Library/Extension folder and rebuilt caches.
A couple of questions on this:
- Can you confirm that my EFI/Clover/kext/other will afterwards contain only 1 single kext ?
- Can you confirm that this L/E folder is the one on my root partition, so NOT on the EFI partition ?
- How do I rebuild caches ? When should I do this ? Prior or after reboot ?
- @bahns: How and where do I set the sound chipset injection ID = 28 ?
Issue 2) My display does not work after waking from sleep.
I attached the problem reporting files, could somebody shed some light on this problem ?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Display issues can be tricky and I'm on my phone so unable to see the uploaded debug contents. Sometimes unplugging the display cable is needed and or power cycling it can do the trick. On my Aorus machine I sometimes have to hit the display options button on my LG monitor after sleep to wake it up.