Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Hi,

I have a NUC8i7BEH with Bios 71 and I'm having issue installing MacOS.
On this NUC I have installed 2 x 32GB = 64GB Ram. Can this be the issue?

Basically the installer reboots on the very early stages.
I have the "Fix NUC BIOS DSDT Device(RTC) A00A9353 54415301 A00A910A FF0BFFFF" patch.

I tried the EFI at post 304 but the same happens.
Can the issue be the Ram?
Thanks.

Hi,

I have a NUC8i7BEH with Bios 71 and I'm having issue installing MacOS.
On this NUC I have installed 2 x 32GB = 64GB Ram. Can this be the issue?

Basically the installer reboots on the very early stages.
I have the "Fix NUC BIOS DSDT Device(RTC) A00A9353 54415301 A00A910A FF0BFFFF" patch.

I tried the EFI at post 304 but the same happens.
Can the issue be the Ram?
Thanks.
Yes it could be, Intel states 32 GB max, see below from their support page.

Memory requirements

Supports two 1.2V DDR4 SO-DIMMs
2400 MHz
Unbuffered, non-ECC
Single-sided or double-sided
Minimum recommended memory: 2 GB
Maximum memory: 32 GB
Serial presence detect (SPD)

Yes it could be, Intel states 32 GB max, see below from their support page.

Memory requirements

Supports two 1.2V DDR4 SO-DIMMs
2400 MHz
Unbuffered, non-ECC
Single-sided or double-sided
Minimum recommended memory: 2 GB
Maximum memory: 32 GB
Serial presence detect (SPD)
But from Bios 71 they enabled 2x32GB So-Dimm.
In Windows the system works with 2x32GB So-Dimm.

Thanks.

I finally got it to boot into macOS, but I noticed that I'm on 7mb graphics, so the graphics are sluggish. What should I do to fix? Do I need the fakeid for intelgfx? I have a intel iris 650, Nuc 7i7bnh

Attachments

• 109328AB-B1C9-49CB-8680-9289912FF6B8.jpeg
    109328AB-B1C9-49CB-8680-9289912FF6B8.jpeg
    168.4 KB · Views: 67
But from Bios 71 they enabled 2x32GB So-Dimm.
In Windows the system works with 2x32GB So-Dimm.

Thanks.
Sure, I read another user had the same issue, 32GB worked in Windows but not OSX. Maybe contact Intel and see what the story is and if they say it should work you can keep looking for answers for OSX.

If you decide to go that way there are a few choices you would have to make like display resolution and apparently there is a drop down menu to choose a Mac model from (he picked a MacBook Pro I think). Those choices will be important to get the results you need. Also remember he is talking about High Sierra not Mojave and I don’t know if he is using Whatevergreen.kext or not.

All I am saying is it might work, it more likely will not, but it doesn’t hurt to try if you are willing to start over from a fresh install or a back up using CCcloner or some other program.
Even if you delete kexts you are not done, rebuilding the kextcache is the next step otherwise you may have remnants of past installs. From post 1008 in this thread:

If the any of the same kexts that are in "other" are there delete them and then rebuild the kext cache via KextBeast (don't install anything though) or through terminal.

sudo kextcache -i /

I finally got it to boot into macOS, but I noticed that I'm on 7mb graphics, so the graphics are sluggish. What should I do to fix? Do I need the fakeid for intelgfx? I have a intel iris 650, Nuc 7i7bnh

Are you using the config.plist from Rehabman for after install is complete? In the guide he talks about one for the USB boot drive and then another one once done. All are available for download from his Github pages as a zip file. Typically he would have addressed this in his build if it was an issue, he was still active on the boards at the time your model became available

After a couple of days of playing around, I found two issues with my current setup:

Issue 1) As reported (and fixed above) crackling audio. I understand that I need to move all kexts except FakeSMC.kext to the Library/Extension folder and rebuilt caches.
A couple of questions on this:
- Can you confirm that my EFI/Clover/kext/other will afterwards contain only 1 single kext ?
- Can you confirm that this L/E folder is the one on my root partition, so NOT on the EFI partition ?
- How do I rebuild caches ? When should I do this ? Prior or after reboot ?
- @bahns: How and where do I set the sound chipset injection ID = 28 ?

Issue 2) My display does not work after waking from sleep.
I attached the problem reporting files, could somebody shed some light on this problem ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
So I finally l was able to look at your upload and I may have missed something but everything seems to look pretty good. Below are part of the display settings in the config.plist that can be adjusted using Hackintool or any .plist editor (if you know what to edit, lots to learn there and above most of my understanding).

7:477 0:000 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 [8086:3EA5] :: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x2,0x0)
7:477 0:000 ig-platform-id = 0x3EA50009
7:477 0:000 Intel GFX revision = 0x1
7:477 0:000 RCBA disabled; cannot use it
7:477 0:000 setting specified layout-id=11 (0xB)
7:477 0:000 stringlength = 1100
7:477 0:000 CurrentMode: Width=1920 Height=1080
7:477 0:000 Beginning FSInjection

Sure, I read another user had the same issue, 32GB worked in Windows but not OSX. Maybe contact Intel and see what the story is and if they say it should work you can keep looking for answers for OSX.
Thanks a lot!!

I got everything right on NUC8i5BEH with an M.2 wifi card together with bluetooth. But still have the problem of "green flashing" on start up during the second phase of system loading or hot plug of the HDMI port, but will come to normal after a moment. The usb-c port does not have this problem, however some frame will drop.
I tried all the ig-platform-id of Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 but nothing works, except the mode of flash will change slightly (such as the green turns to black). I'm wondering who is having the same problem and got it solved

Back