Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Intel HD Graphics 5500 on OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
This is my second try at hackintoshing! My first went kinda well on my OLD Dell Inspiron 1st gen intel i3. The only problem was the display was all stretched and I couldn't find any proper kexts for that. :( And the WiFi wasn't working. That could be fixed by an external one :D

So anyways,
I bought a new Lenovo Idepad 100
-Intel 5th Gen -5200u 2.2ghz
-Intel HD Graphics 5500
-6gb RAM

So my question was, my DVMT in the control panel says 128mb, so am I good to start step 3, or do i need to change it to 96mb? I read the other replies, I didn't really understand what to do. Please help out this n00b :p

Oh yea, and I was also wondering if there was way to get El Capitan with these specs?
Thanks! Any help would be appreciated!

Windows control panel is not a valid way to determine DVMT setting.

The idea that it is... is pure myth.

Read FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Hi RehabMan or anybody who could help me,

I have been trying really hard and I believe I have exhausted all available resource on the internet I could find here, so I am begging you for help.

My laptop is Lenovo B40-80, with Intel Core i5-5200U CPU, Intel HD 5500 Graphics Adapter, running a OS X 10.11.3 with Clover UEFI.

I tried to follow the guide and got stuck at either step 2.1) or 2.2).

• Firstly, on Windows, as directed by the guide, I find my DVM = 128MB.
    EnkxziL.jpg
  • If I just skip step (2) and applying ig-platform-id = both 0x16160002 and 0x16160000, and InjectIntel, I got a kernel panic as a result.
    6WnoQAW.jpg

• With step 2.1 (kext patching), I could not find the value "39CF763C" in my AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer, both binary and source (attached here).
  • With step 2.2 (BIOS editing), I have got an error saying "error: can't set variable using efi (error: 0x000000000000001a)":
    NjaW9G6.jpg
    Note that I am pretty sure that I was providing the correct address (0x18C), according to my rom (attached here). I tried various settings in my bios (VT enabled/disabled, UEFI and legacy boot, etc.), but all settings yield the same error.
  • Now, I'm stuck :(

So I am attaching my CLOVER folder from the EFI partition and a dump of my IOReg. I would need all the help I could get, or at least set me into a right direction.

Thank you very much in advance.

First of all, thank you for a quick reply.
If you were referring to the part:

IMPORTANT!: Contrary to many of the guides you will read, Windows is NOT a valid way to determine what DVMT-prealloc is set to. There is no correlation, especially with Windows 10.

Yes, I know there is no correlation. I only attached the picture just for a reference. However, there are steps that I have taken beyond taking a photo of Windows' DVMT. According to http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...5500-setting-dvmt-insydeh20-bios-laptops.html in the step "J. APPLY THE VARIABLE FOR YOUR BIOS", my bios dump shows that I have 32MB (0x1) as my default DVMT and I was unable to change that to 64MB (0x3), error as attached in the earlier post.

Is there anything I might have misunderstood here? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you again in advance.

Yes, I know there is no correlation. I only attached the picture just for a reference.

Silly... without correlation, there is no point to the image.

However, there are steps that I have taken beyond taking a photo of Windows' DVMT. According to http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...5500-setting-dvmt-insydeh20-bios-laptops.html in the step "J. APPLY THE VARIABLE FOR YOUR BIOS", my bios dump shows that I have 32MB (0x1) as my default DVMT and I was unable to change that to 64MB (0x3), error as attached in the earlier post.

Some BIOS implementations write protect (with encryption). In that case, you can't change it and must use the minStolenSize patch and hope for the best.

The patch is in the plist files linked from my Clover guide.

Silly... without correlation, there is no point to the image.

Some BIOS implementations write protect (with encryption). In that case, you can't change it and must use the minStolenSize patch and hope for the best.

The patch is in the plist files linked from my Clover guide.

Buddy, I need to give you a big THANK YOU!

Finally my Intel HD 5500 is working fine. All thanks to you!

I have tried reading a lot of posts, forums, etc. and I couldn't find anything as good as your example plist. It's like an universal antibiotic. I owe you a beer!

Can this go to 10.10.5 - as thats needed for Xcode 7.x?

Can this go to 10.10.5 - as thats needed for Xcode 7.x?

Broadwell graphics on 10.10 are not well supported. It is not stable.

Best to use 10.11 if you have Broadwell.

I have been following this guide but I'm having problems. I use the setup_var command successfully and the shell says the var has been set, but when I reboot to windows, my DVM is still 128MB.

Also, I have a dell inspiron laptop, is there any way for me to dump my current bios?

I have been following this guide but I'm having problems. I use the setup_var command successfully and the shell says the var has been set, but when I reboot to windows, my DVM is still 128MB.

Also, I have a dell inspiron laptop, is there any way for me to dump my current bios?

The windows stat is meaningless... From the FAQ:

IMPORTANT!: Contrary to many of the guides you will read, Windows is NOT a valid way to determine what DVMT-prealloc is set to. There is no correlation, especially with Windows 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back