Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Intel HD Graphics 5500 on OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ShotSkydiver,

Can you post your EFI folder ? I have the same machine and can't get past the clover black screen on UEFI boot.

Cheers

No problem here it is, let me know if you're able to get the integrated graphics working, and what you did to make it work!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    6 MB · Views: 150
On my XPS13, I search "DVMT" on "SetupPrep", it will tow place match "DVMT", ""avr: 0x183" and "avr: 0x184". I try all of them, and the "var:0x183" is the ture var to control DVMT. I don't know the another var function.
My BIOS Version is A03.

How are you managing to extract the A03 bios? I've tried multiple bios extraction tools but nothing is able to dump out any sort of ROM file in Windows.

After several weeks' work with @lisai9093, now it's time to post a guide. :)

GUIDE:
Intel HD Graphics 5500 on OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

View attachment 134306

STEP 2.1: Apply the patch to pass the Stolen Memory assertion.

We need to patch AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer binary file.
Find 39CF763C and replace it with 39CF773C.

thanks Austere.J It works :thumbup:.

How are you managing to extract the A03 bios? I've tried multiple bios extraction tools but nothing is able to dump out any sort of ROM file in Windows.

I used the "Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0.exe" found here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo...niversal-BIOS-Backup-ToolKit-2-0/td-p/1205920. Worked fine for my XPS 13.

Let me know if it's successful for you, and if you're able to successfully change the DVMT setting, and how you did it! I've had no luck changing it...

If anyone with the XPS 13 got the DVMT video memory thing working, please please respond to me and tell me how you got it working, I've given up trying now and I'm just going to deal with OS X being jerky and laggy for now, but I'd really love to get it working like it's supposed to...

If anyone with the XPS 13 got the DVMT video memory thing working, please please respond to me and tell me how you got it working, I've given up trying now and I'm just going to deal with OS X being jerky and laggy for now, but I'd really love to get it working like it's supposed to...

Thanks ShotSkydiver! Universal BIOS Backup did the trick - was able to follow the steps all the way from there.

In the Dell XPS 13 9343 A03 BIOS, I saw that there were 2 DVMT Pre-Allocated setting entries with different variable addresses (0x183 and 0x184). I changed only one at a time to 0x3 (96MB), but Windows still reported 0MB. After I set both of them, Windows finally reported 64MB dedicated memory.

Removed all KextsToPatch entries in my Clover plist, and set InjectIntel = True and ig-platform-id=0x16160002 and the installer finally booted up. Graphics is running smooth - attempting an install to USB drive now.

Thanks ShotSkydiver! Universal BIOS Backup did the trick - was able to follow the steps all the way from there.

In the Dell XPS 13 9343 A03 BIOS, I saw that there were 2 DVMT Pre-Allocated setting entries with different variable addresses (0x183 and 0x184). I changed only one at a time to 0x3 (96MB), but Windows still reported 0MB. After I set both of them, Windows finally reported 64MB dedicated memory.

Removed all KextsToPatch entries in my Clover plist, and set InjectIntel = True and ig-platform-id=0x16160002 and the installer finally booted up. Graphics is running smooth - attempting an install to USB drive now.

Please add your screen resolution to your profile (in Graphics). It is an important configuration detail.

Ugh it still doesn't work for me... this is what the EFI shell looks like when I change both: http://i.imgur.com/61lCgur.jpg?1 did yours look the same? Also, could you post your config.plist so I can compare it to mine?

Reinstalled windows, reset the BIOS to its default settings, changed both the 0x184 and 0x183 variables to 0x3, rebooted back into windows, and it STILL says 0MB dedicated video memory... how is that possible??? What the hell am I doing wrong, I tested it and changed a BIOS setting through the EFI shell that's visible in the BIOS setup, it reflected the change successfully... so the EFI shell works, but it's just not changing the goddamn DVMT setting for some reason

Hey bro,

Were you able to extract your biso? I'm having a really hard time doing so I need help please!!!!

This is my laptop-Thinkpad x1 carbon -I7 -5600U CPU @ 260GHZ non touch- if you have the same sytem can you send a copy for your biso so i can replace it with the default biso in my system. I can't get pass the frist step.

please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back