Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Intel HD Graphics 5500 on OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey bro,

Were you able to extract your biso? I'm having a really hard time doing so I need help please!!!!

This is my laptop-Thinkpad x1 carbon -I7 -5600U CPU @ 260GHZ non touch- if you have the same sytem can you send a copy for your biso so i can replace it with the default biso in my system. I can't get pass the frist step.

please help.

I've got an XPS 13, I used the tool ""Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0.exe" from here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo...niversal-BIOS-Backup-ToolKit-2-0/td-p/1205920 and it worked fine for me. Then I used UEFITool to browse the dumped bios for the setup section.

Sorry bro where is the download?

Hey do you have the Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0 download file?

Reinstalled windows, reset the BIOS to its default settings, changed both the 0x184 and 0x183 variables to 0x3, rebooted back into windows, and it STILL says 0MB dedicated video memory... how is that possible??? What the hell am I doing wrong, I tested it and changed a BIOS setting through the EFI shell that's visible in the BIOS setup, it reflected the change successfully... so the EFI shell works, but it's just not changing the goddamn DVMT setting for some reason

Sorry to hear it's not working for you atm :(

I can confirm your EFI shell photo shows exactly the same values as mine after I have done the setup_var.

Only thing I might suggest doing is after you have set the variables in the EFI shell, instead of ctrl+alt_del or hitting the power button, run the command "exit", and then you should be prompted with 3 options on how to proceed - select "Retry boot" (first option) and boot into Windows to check the DVMT value.

If that doesn't do anything, perhaps we can compare BIOS settings. The key ones I've changed from the default:
- enable Legacy Boot ROMs (as per Dell terminology)
- disable Secure Boot
- disable Intel Virtualisation Technology
- disable VT for direct IO
All other BIOS settings I have left on default.

Attached is my current Clover plist - it's contains only the minimum for booting the install with HD 5500 support, so don't expect anything else to function properly. You can also ignore the KextsToPatch, I have one set there to set the framebuffer to 64MB but it worked for me without it.

On a side note, having problems installing Yosemite to USB. Keeps freezing around the "15 minutes remaining" mark. Am trying to install with USB 3.0 disabled but I can't even boot the installer without it enabled... in verbose mode the screen garbles and I see a stop sign rendered. At least with USB 3.0 enabled I can get all the way to attempting an installation.

Attachments

• config.plist
    2.6 KB · Views: 302
On a side note, having problems installing Yosemite to USB. Keeps freezing around the "15 minutes remaining" mark. Am trying to install with USB 3.0 disabled but I can't even boot the installer without it enabled... in verbose mode the screen garbles and I see a stop sign rendered. At least with USB 3.0 enabled I can get all the way to attempting an installation.

Make sure you don't let the laptop go to sleep while installing... nor into display sleep. Press the shift key every so often...

Dell XPS 13 9343 (2015)
CPU
Intel Core i5 5200U
Graphics
Intel HD 5500 (1080P

i have this laptop
but i backup the bio but in the UEFITool when i go look for the Setup PE32 File There no were to found and i am on A3 Bios Any Help will be great thanks ..

do u have the path file for the graphics how did u patch the file before install please let me no thanks i have same laptop but with i5 processor that is all .. thank again

Out of curiosity, how is AGPM handling the HD 5500?!

How are you managing to extract the A03 bios? I've tried multiple bios extraction tools but nothing is able to dump out any sort of ROM file in Windows.

You Could Use This file to backup the bios but it wont help I have been trying to find dvmt mem file in the rom no luck ... . but this is the file u need to back up if it help if u need just let me no I will uploaded for u Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back