Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Intel HD Graphics 5500 on OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have managed to install 10.11.6 (El Capitan) with the great help of a friend, I can boot with both injectIntel and injectEDID enabled (only through USB clover). Whenever I try to boot from HD clover, I just get a black screen with nothing on it.

Initially HD Clover should be same as USB Clover. Same content... same result.

Unfortunately this isnt the case! I have tried reinstalling clover on the HD but to no avail!

Must be the same in every way (config.plist, drivers64UEFI, kexts).

Okay I have it booting from that now however my graphics problem still exists unfortunately

Okay I have it booting from that now however my graphics problem still exists unfortunately

Describe problem in detail...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Hi RehabMan, Please see attached, I have followed the instructions to the best of my abilities please forgive me if I have made a mistake!

The main problem I am having is graphics memory -it is only showing up as 21mb (see previous post). I cannot edit my clover config in the way that a video on youtube with instructions on patching kexts and setting the ig-platform-id to 0x16260006 etc.

I also haven't installed kexts to fix: touchscreen, sleep on lid close, sound, or brightness adjustment keys. as I would like to get the graphics memory issue fixed first.

Regards.

Anthony

Attachments

• Anthony’s MacBook Pro.zip
    343.4 KB · Views: 127
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 126
  • terminal outputs.zip
    2 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Hi RehabMan, Please see attached, I have followed the instructions to the best of my abilities please forgive me if I have made a mistake!

The main problem I am having is graphics memory -it is only showing up as 21mb (see previous post). I cannot edit my clover config in the way that a video on youtube with instructions on patching kexts and setting the ig-platform-id to 0x16260006 etc.

I also haven't installed kexts to fix: touchscreen, sleep on lid close, sound, or brightness adjustment keys. as I would like to get the graphics memory issue fixed first.

Regards.

Anthony

The ioreg shows ig-platform-id injected as 0x0d220003. It is not valid for Broadwell (it is for Haswell). Seems like Clover problem, or you're not booting with the config.plist you think you are. Verify settings in Clover options before booting.

The ioreg shows ig-platform-id injected as 0x0d220003. It is not valid for Broadwell (it is for Haswell). Seems like Clover problem, or you're not booting with the config.plist you think you are. Verify settings in Clover options before booting.

In the screen shot you should be able to see that there are three config.plist in the EFI on the ESP partition. should I delete the config.plist in the /SystemProductName and the /UEFI folder?

EDIT: - I have been trying to change the ig-platform-id to 0x16260006 which I believe is the correct value?
EDIT2: - If I change the ig-platform-id in clover before boot to 0x16260006 the boot stops two thirds of the way through, however it does boot with 0000000000 set there.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 18.03.14.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 18.03.14.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 171
Last edited:
In the screen shot you should be able to see that there are three config.plist in the EFI on the ESP partition. should I delete the config.plist in the /SystemProductName and the /UEFI folder?

EDIT: - I have been trying to change the ig-platform-id to 0x16260006 which I believe is the correct value?
EDIT2: - If I change the ig-platform-id in clover before boot to 0x16260006 the boot stops two thirds of the way through, however it does boot with 0000000000 set there.

Use only EFI/Clover/config.plist. Remove OEM directories (it will only cause confusion).

Use only EFI/Clover/config.plist. Remove OEM directories (it will only cause confusion).
I have done this and still am having problems getting the graphics to be recognized working solely from the EFI/Clover/config.plist. I have followed several posts advice on here with clean installs in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back