Register

[GUIDE] Intel HD Graphics 5500 on OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello bro

my Dedicated Video Memory is 128mb

How do you know?

Keep in mind this note from the FAQ.

IMPORTANT!: Contrary to many of the guides you will read, Windows is NOT a valid way to determine what DVMT-prealloc is set to. There is no correlation, especially with Windows 10.

Attachments

• Intel.jpg
    Intel.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 190
Hi Frizinko,
sorry for the disturb but i need hep with the creation of the Yosemite usb installer for my dell xps 13 9343.. When i enter in Clover bootloder and hit enter with -v i always see first error about"OsxAptioFix, can't allocate area,can't load kernel cache, the sysytem boot up in 10 seconds.." and another error like "your pcrootuid is ++++++++++". Thanks in advance! You're great!

Hi Frizinko,
sorry for the disturb but i need hep with the creation of the Yosemite usb installer for my dell xps 13 9343.. When i enter in Clover bootloder and hit enter with -v i always see first error about"OsxAptioFix, can't allocate area,can't load kernel cache, the sysytem boot up in 10 seconds.." and another error like "your pcrootuid is ++++++++++". Thanks in advance! You're great!

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

how to get bios dump file on Toshiba Portege z30-b??

how to get bios dump file on Toshiba Portege z30-b??

See ACPI patching guide linked from FAQ (hint F4 at Clover, refer to dumped files in ACPI/origin).

Sorry, I found a shell that let me "setup_var". I can boot the installer now, except that it doesn't see any HDDs.

Still, progress.

I'm attempting to install El Capitan, but I read that the same steps apply to get the 5500 working, so crossing my fingers here. Windows 7 reports 192MB DVMT, and I get the KP / reboot at AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer.
So far:
- With the AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer patch, I can't seem to find 39CF763C in the binary, so I'm not sure what to replace there.
- With the UEFI variable step, the shell says it can't find the variable name I extracted. However, both shells I've tried also don't have a "setup_var" command, only a "setvar".

Any ideas here?
Thanks,

R

Last edited:
- With the UEFI variable step, the shell says it can't find the variable name I extracted. However, both shells I've tried also don't have a "setup_var" command, only a "setvar".

You're using the wrong UEFI shell.

Hi, I have managed to install 10.11.6 (El Capitan) with the great help of a friend, I can boot with both injectIntel and injectEDID enabled (only through USB clover). Whenever I try to boot from HD clover, I just get a black screen with nothing on it.

however I cannot patch the kexts to change the available memory (they dont appear in the clover config)? does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

I know that Windows adapter properties is not a reliable way of finding memory but its extra information in case it helps!

I followed this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-dell-xps-13-9343-sierra.206399/#post-1363582
to attempt to change the DVMT, and the shell did report that the variable had changed to 0x3 from 0x1.

I should add: touchpad, keyboard, wifi, battery monitor are working.

I have only 21MB of memory listed in "About this Mac" (Intel HD Graphics 5500 21 MB is what is shown).

I have posted my EFI folder below, please let me know if I need to post anything else!

In my screen shot you should be able to see that my clover configurator (top right) has three .plist files available, and when editing them none of them have any Kexts to patch (bottom screen shot). I should add that whenever I Install/Update clover to 3949 on disk it reverts to version 3423 after reboot. I can only get the system to boot from my USB clover.

In general everything is working well, no freezes, I think it just doesn't have enough video memory to run properly when watching a video etc.

One last thing is that the display is connected as a projector with no option to switch to internal display (see pop up in top right)
Regards,

Anthony

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29.7 MB · Views: 146
  • Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 12.51.50.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 12.51.50.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 173
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 159
Last edited: