Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Intel HD Graphics 5500 on OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boot without caches.
Did that still got the same panic. however removed the line -gux_defer_usb2 from boot arguments and I'm in the installer. However the installer is super laggy also i don't think qe/ci is working. Should i install?

Did that still got the same panic. however removed the line -gux_defer_usb2 from boot arguments and I'm in the installer. However the installer is super laggy also i don't think qe/ci is working. Should i install?

Hmm... -gux_defer_usb2 has only to do with GenericUSBXHCI.kext. And nothing to do with graphics...

Note that GenericUSBXHCI.kext is something you should probably not be using...

Only CI is enabled in the installer. QE driver is not present in the installer image.

Regardless, install and deal with graphics issues later.

Hmm... -gux_defer_usb2 has only to do with GenericUSBXHCI.kext. And nothing to do with graphics...

Note that GenericUSBXHCI.kext is something you should probably not be using...

Only CI is enabled in the installer. QE driver is not present in the installer image.

Regardless, install and deal with graphics issues later.
Thank you os x is installed now what do I do for graphics?

Figured something out. Only when I go to graphics menu and input fakeid as 0x16160002 my computer boots. Any ideas why?

It is an invalid FakeID. Hence, it disables the graphics drivers... any graphics issue you may have (DVMT-prealloc issues, ig-platform-id issues, EDID issues, etc) go away without the graphics drivers loading (VESA drivers jump in a substitute).

It is an invalid FakeID. Hence, it disables the graphics drivers... any graphics issue you may have (DVMT-prealloc issues, ig-platform-id issues, EDID issues, etc) go away without the graphics drivers loading (VESA drivers jump in a substitute).

Oh okay. I'll post my Ioreg as soon as possible

So that means theres still graphic issues. I think its mostly DVTM-prealloc. I cannot find my bios file. I don't even know whether I can patch it.

So that means theres still graphic issues. I think its mostly DVTM-prealloc. I cannot find my bios file. I don't even know whether I can patch it.

What is the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back