Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Intel HD Graphics 5500 on OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an other variable selecting the maximum value, should i that?

I don't think so, although you should provide more information on the nature of the options and the default value.

Another question:
Why is the buffer patching method not working anymore? it worked one time and on the fresh installation now not. the screen is garbled like in the first posts. could it be something with the smbios?

What, specifically, do you mean by "buffer patching"?

Edit: my about this dialog shows a hd5500 with 7mb memory

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

i meant patching the frame buffer like step 2.1 and not changing the bios.

heres the copy of ioreg

thanks a lot for your help

i meant patching the frame buffer like step 2.1 and not changing the bios.

The patch doesn't make sense as masking the assertion does nothing to address the root problem.

heres the copy of ioreg

Broadwell graphics drivers are not loading. Perhaps you removed them???

Or Nvidia drivers are interfering. Use nv_disable=1.

S/L/E contains AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer.kext or should i place it in clover?

Here is my plist, nv_disable is set

edit: boot verbose says: graphics driver failed to load. could not register with framebuffer

S/L/E contains AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer.kext or should i place it in clover?

Here is my plist, nv_disable is set

edit: boot verbose says: graphics driver failed to load. could not register with framebuffer

Remove the patch for the framebuffer in KextsToPatch.

MacBookAir6,2 isn't the correct SMBIOS for Broadwell.

SMBIOS info: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/164292-smbios-broadwell.html#post1040286

The ioreg you provided does not match this config.plist (eg. you used a different config.plist when you booted to collect that ioreg).

I confirm graphics is working on external 1080p monitor. Gonna take a look at xps 9530 guide, thanks

Edit:
Finaly got it working!!! after patching iokit, got "garbled" screen, but enabling legacy bios fixed it (running at 1600x900, 2048x1152 is also available). thanks to RehabMan and all others! I'll continue to work on this and maybe start separate thread with complete guide.

Can you post your config.plist and EFI/Clover folder? I have the same machine and tried to patch my DSDT following dark_void's xps 9530 guide and my machine keeps rebooting before I get to the Yosemite login screen. Thanks.

Can you post your config.plist and EFI/Clover folder? I have the same machine and tried to patch my DSDT following dark_void's xps 9530 guide and my machine keeps rebooting before I get to the Yosemite login screen. Thanks.

Your config.plist is probably corrupt, and therefore you're lacking KernelPm=true. Or you don't have KernelPm=true at all...

Your config.plist is probably corrupt, and therefore you're lacking KernelPm=true. Or you don't have KernelPm=true at all...

KernelPm=true is there? I have attached my config.plist and welcome your thoughts.

Attachments

• dark void config.plist
    9.8 KB · Views: 237
KernelPm=true is there? I have attached my config.plist and welcome your thoughts.

It is there, but config.plist must be named "config.plist" and must exist in EFI/Clover folder.

Clover will not read a file named "dark void config.plist"

It is there, but config.plist must be named "config.plist" and must exist in EFI/Clover folder.

Clover will not read a file named "dark void config.plist"

It was called config.plist when I had it in my EFI/Clover folder. I renamed it when I removed it from EFI/Clover so I could find it if I wanted to use it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back