Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Intel HD Graphics 5500 on OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any benefit of setting the DVMT to 128MB (or higher value) vs 64MB?

Sometimes, required to boot. Seems to be machine dependent. Definitely for higher resolution screens...

So... the benefit is that it might work with 128 and not with 64.

Got it. So, for those with the XPS 13 9343, 1080p, 64MB DVMT suffices. I am able to boot with that setting. Thanks RehabMab!

I assume you're *not* using the assertion masking patch...

Asus UX305 owners (at least 1080p machines) report the same thing.

But there are also reports of 96MB or 128MB being required with other machines.

I assume you're *not* using the assertion masking patch...

Asus UX305 owners (at least 1080p machines) report the same thing.

But there are also reports of 96MB or 128MB being required with other machines.

No assertion masking, I changed the value using the EFI shell provided in the first post; the UEFI BIOS in this laptop doesn't allow to change the setting.

No assertion masking, I changed the value using the EFI shell provided in the first post; the UEFI BIOS in this laptop doesn't allow to change the setting.

Super.

Hi there,

thanks a lot for the guide. I own a Lenovo Yoga 3 14 with i5-5200u and HD5500.
First i installed Yosemite and patched the Framebuffer with succes. My Value in Windows was Zero.
I screwed up the installation in the post install and decided to do an clean install.
Again i patched the buffer but i was not working this time.

Now i wanted to patch the bios. But for some reason i cant extract my bios with phoenix tools.
Then i took the lenovo update file and decrypted it, but i cant find the setup entry where the DMVT Value is set.
Can someone help me? Should i upload the bios file?

Hi there,

thanks a lot for the guide. I own a Lenovo Yoga 3 14 with i5-5200u and HD5500.
First i installed Yosemite and patched the Framebuffer with succes. My Value in Windows was Zero.
I screwed up the installation in the post install and decided to do an clean install.
Again i patched the buffer but i was not working this time.

Now i wanted to patch the bios. But for some reason i cant extract my bios with phoenix tools.
Then i took the lenovo update file and decrypted it, but i cant find the setup entry where the DMVT Value is set.
Can someone help me? Should i upload the bios file?

Upload your BIOS file. Check if your BIOS has an option to set DVMT-prealloc (because then messing around with BIOS options via UEFI shell is not needed).

But for some reason i cant extract my bios with phoenix tools.
you can also download the BIOS from the manufacturer website and unpack the .exe to retrieve the bios rom and use phoenix tools on that extracted rom. just make sure its the same bios version that is on your computer.

Thanks for the answers.
The Bios does not support setting the DVMT-prealloc. Due to the Ideapad consumer series it does not support many options at all. :/
Here is the bios file from the update utility of lenovo. View attachment 139081

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back