Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

I have many more than one. It is difficult to list every machine I might try. On this occasion it is Lenovo M800 with just nothing, just Intel Skylake 530 on i5-6400
Signature has all the hardware

Mojave installer USB boots fine, but then with lilu & whatevergreen, monitor goes to standby, so I have no display

sebus

Last edited:
I have many more than one. It is difficult to list every machine I might try. On this occasion it is Lenovo M800 with just nothing, just Intel Skylake 530 on i5-6400
Signature has all the hardware

Mojave installer USB boots fine, but then with lilu & whatevergreen, monitor goes to standby, so I have no display

sebus
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Unlikely, as I can not run .sh cause I cannot even boot to GUI
So Clover folder attached

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
To USB install? With no network working?

I assume you did read that is original install from USB stick

To USB install? With no network working?

I assume you did read that is original install from USB stick

Patching the framebuffer is a post-install task. If you have not yet installed, you need to do that first.

BUT I CAN NOT INSTALL, cause I get NO display!

BUT I CAN NOT INSTALL, cause I get NO display!
Wrong thread then. As RehabMan says this is for post installation. See up the top? Home > Forums > Post Installation > Graphics

Hi guys. Just wanted to say that WhateverGreen.kext magically fixed my HD 5500 hang issue.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/lets-talk-about-broadwells-uknown-gpu-hang-kp-issue.230111/
As you can see from this thread, some HD 5500 IGPUs have a problem where it hangs or radomly kernel panics (with random backtrace data) on boot after the graphics drivers have loaded, even if the DVMT pre-alloc memory is set correctly. AKAIK, this seems to affect only a small number of i3 5005U CPUs. The solution for this problem is to install WhateverGreen.kext and spoof the IGPU as 0x16128086, 0x16228086, 0x16268086 or 0x162B8086. Using the native ID 0x16168086 still results in hang. So my question is, what is WhateverGreen.kext exactly doing that solves this problem?

Hi guys. Just wanted to say that WhateverGreen.kext magically fixed my HD 5500 hang issue.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/lets-talk-about-broadwells-uknown-gpu-hang-kp-issue.230111/
As you can see from this thread, some HD 5500 IGPUs have a problem where it hangs or radomly kernel panics (with random backtrace data) on boot after the graphics drivers have loaded, even if the DVMT pre-alloc memory is set correctly. AKAIK, this seems to affect only a small number of i3 5005U CPUs. The solution for this problem is to install WhateverGreen.kext and spoof the IGPU as 0x16128086, 0x16228086, 0x16268086 or 0x162B8086. Using the native ID 0x16168086 still results in hang. So my question is, what is WhateverGreen.kext exactly doing that solves this problem?

When you inject a fake device-id, WhateverGreen.kext will spoof that ID when the graphics kexts go to query PCI device-ids (similar to what FakePCIID+FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics is doing).

Back