Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

Motherboard
90004476 NM-A181 + Clover
CPU
Intel Core i7-4702MQ
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600, Nvidia GT 740m (1366x768)
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
Motherboard
AsRock Z97E-ITX/AC
CPU
i5-5675C
Graphics
HD 6200
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks for the guide,
just wanted to let you know it worked out for me with my Broadwell IGPU HD 6200 of my i5-5675c.
I did have to rename GFX0 -> IGPU.
Also went through screwing up the config.plist with Clover Configurator once.

For me it was not perfectly clear in the beginning, where exactly the ig-platform-id should be entered.
It became clear (?) only when I had advanced to the Framebuffer patching part (that I did not need).

Thanks again,

Rudolf

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP ProBook 4540s- F.60-Clover
CPU
i3-3110M
Graphics
HD4000, 1920x1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Any body can help to setup HD4600 in 4k mode?

Only have 2560 x 1440.

My setup:

CPU: Intel 4670K
MB: Gigabyte Z87MX-DH3
RAM: 24Gb
SO: 10.14

THX
I have the exact same problem with my HD 4600. Can't find solution though! Anyone help please!

Motherboard
Gygabyte GA-Z170N-WIFI-Clover
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other
I have an issue trying to get my DVI connector working on a GA-Z170N-WIFI. The DVI port works as intended (with the hd 530 improperly configured with 7mb memory and visual artefacts).
On Sierra I was using the ig-platform-id iMac17,1 with success and had a rather unstable dual screen with hotplugging the hdmi. Since I upgraded to Mojave, the iMac17,1 with Whatevergreen and lilu never allowed me to get dual screen. But I succeed to get it with the iMac18,1 on both HDMI connectors but never get any image on the DVI port. Unfortunately for me the image is very blurry on the HDMI (I think it's a hardware issue as it looks similar on Linux) and I would like to have the main screen on DVI.

I tried to patch the type to DVI by changing the connector-type but it didn't worked.

I really tried a lot of things, changing options incrementally, but never succeed to get the DVI working. Could either @RehabMan or @headkaze look at my configuration and give me a clue on what is misconfigured, or what I could do for getting the DVI working? The ideal setup for me would be DVI +1 HDMI.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Prime H310T/CSM
CPU
i5-8500
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro
When I use the <Device><Properties> method, everything works great, but I can *only* use display port. My HDMI connector seems to be inactive. Using the old <Graphics><Inject> method, both display port and HDMI work, but graphics is glitchy.

I've tried configuring the ports to disable the DP connector, but then none of the connectors work.

I'm using an Asus Prime H310T/CSM thin-mini-ITX board with a Core i5-8500.

Any suggestions?

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i5-4690
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mobile Phone
Android
@headkaze

My IGPU@2 from ioreg doesn't shows any framebuffer. Its looks like this:

Also I used your guide to dump framebuffer:

Having trouble compiling?
If you're having trouble compiling you can wait for the official binaries or download my (unsupported) build_lilu.sh shell script and run it in a folder to download and build Lilu + WhateverGreen using Xcode automatically. I recommend you try the debug versions first (place them into Clover's EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder).
complied the latest version of lilu+WEG and installed the debug version. Then I tried the following:

Framebuffer Dumps
There are two ways to dump your framebuffer data (both require WhateverGreen + Lilu debug versions):

1. Using -igfxdump boot flag to dump IGPU framebuffer kext to /AppleIntelFramebuffer_X_Y (root of your boot drive)

There are several ways of reading this dump:
- Using 010 Editor along with the IntelFramebuffer.bt template
- Using Intel FB-Patcher File->Open menu

2. Using -igfxfbdump boot flag to dump native and patched framebuffer table to ioreg at IOService:/IOResources/WhateverGreen

There are several ways of reading this dump:
- Using dump_platformlist.sh shell script
- Using Intel FB-Patcher File->Import->IOReg Dump menu
but I didn't find any dump on my root of boot device or I can't even import anything using FB-Pather's IOReg Dump Menu.

But I got a log using -liludbgall & -wegdbg. Which I have attached.

I think I have noticed from the log, my CPU in unknown. it throws warning like this:

Code:
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x9e
No matter what SMBIOS I tried. I tried iMac 14,2/18,1/18,2/18,3 and Macmini8,1.

My config:

CPU: i3 8100

Any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS S410UN-Clover
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
GT MX150 + UHD 620
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Question..
I am using UHD 620 5917 on Kaby Lake refresh i5-8250u. Which on config.plist suitable? macbookpro 15,2 or macbookpro 14,1 ?
the macboookpro 15,2 using 4 logical i5-8259u like i5-8250 but different 655 UHD.
the macboookpro 14,1 using 2 logical i5-7360u like i5-8250 but same 620 UHD.

I saw for Kaby lake on [README] Mojave Laptop troubleshoot
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-and-workarounds-on-10-14-mojave.255823/
Next step is to change AAPL, ig-platform-id and device-id to skylake laptop
- from 0x59160000 / 0x591B0000 to 0x1916000
SO for i5-8250U use macbookpro 14,1 smbios with AAPL, ig-platform-id 0x1916000 ?
or use macbookpro 15,2 smbios with AAPL, ig-platform-id 0x1916000 ?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Prime H310T-Clove
CPU
i5-8500
Graphics
UHD 630
When I use the <Device><Properties> method, everything works great, but I can *only* use display port. My HDMI connector seems to be inactive. Using the old <Graphics><Inject> method, both display port and HDMI work, but graphics is glitchy.

I've tried configuring the ports to disable the DP connector, but then none of the connectors work.

I'm using an Asus Prime H310T/CSM thin-mini-ITX board with a Core i5-8500.

Any suggestions?
Hi Rashiki, I have exactly this board and CPU and this problem. But I also don’t get my DP connector to work either. Can you share your EFI folder or at least your config.plist to see what I am doing wrong? I would like to have your problem...

Thanks.

Motherboard
GA-Z97N-WiFi
CPU
i5 4690K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
eMac, iMac, Performa, Plus, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have the exact same problem with my HD 4600. Can't find solution though! Anyone help please!
I got it working with a vanilla Multibeast Mojave install and a manual patch to AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext (HD 4600 on Seiki 4k). Not very elegant but it was quicker than the 2 hours I spent trying (and failing) to get WhateverGreen to patch the framebuffer.

Motherboard
HP ProBook 4540s- F.60-Clover
CPU
i3-3110M
Graphics
HD4000, 1920x1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
This exactly match with my hardware.

I'm currently SMBIOS iMac 14,2. I have changed my SMBIOS to 15,1 according to the suggestion of Intel FB-Patcher Tool. Whenever I generate and apply patch to my config.plist I got this error.

Am I making mistake somewhere. I have download and installed all the kexts Lilu, WEG, AirportBRCMFixup.kext to the /Library/Extension and repair cache using kext utility. One thing I have noticed If i remove the device-id system will boot normally with SMBIOS 15,1 but then did not get 4K resolution. Please be advised.

Unable to boot with the patch. Can anyone please help me.

Attachments

Last edited: