Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

As the instructions state you must use WEG's -igfxdump boot flag to dump your FB data and open it in Intel FB-Patcher or use the Framebuffer->macOS 10.13.6 (17G2112) menu item.
Thanks, does it still work on 10.14? And more importantly, is there a fix for my case that you can think of?

I have done some more digging, but not got any further. Im on my Dell XPS 13 9333, followed the guide, removed old kexts, installed new requirements, and using the minimum config for my HD 4400 in the config.plist:

Code:
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>0500260a</data>
            </dict>
        </dict>

but still can't seem to get it working, not sure what I am doing wrong, if someone could point me in the right direction please. Attached debug logs.
Regards.

Attachments

• debug_1716.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 74
I have done some more digging, but not got any further. Im on my Dell XPS 13 9333, followed the guide, removed old kexts, installed new requirements, and using the minimum config for my HD 4400 in the config.plist:

Code:
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <dict>
                <data>0500260a</data>
            </dict>
        </dict>

but still can't seem to get it working, not sure what I am doing wrong, if someone could point me in the right direction please. Attached debug logs.
Regards.

See guide for good starter plist:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Hint: <data> entries are specified in base64 not hex text.

See guide for good starter plist:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Hint: <data> entries are specified in base64 not hex text.
Sorry, im new to this bit, so I convert 0x0A260005 to Base64, which is MHgwQTI2MDAwNQ==. This will give me this:

Code:
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <dict>
                <data>MHgwQTI2MDAwNQ==</data>
            </dict>
        </dict>
Am I on the right lines?

Sorry, im new to this bit, so I convert 0x0A260005 to Base64, which is MHgwQTI2MDAwNQ==. This will give me this:

Code:
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <dict>
                <data>MHgwQTI2MDAwNQ==</data>
            </dict>
        </dict>
Am I on the right lines?

It is wrong.
Use a plist editor such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.

It is wrong.
Use a plist editor such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.
So, I am now using Xcode to edit the plist.config file. I have an HD 4400 / laptop, in post #1 it says, 'Laptop: 0x0A160000 (default), 0x0A260005 (recommended)', and for Data format you need to reverse the bytes, so 0x0A260005 reverses to 0500260a, so I enter 0500260a into the data filed in Xcode, which coverts / saves to the below:

Code:
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <dict>
                <data>BQAmCg==</data>
            </dict>
        </dict>

But, I still can't get graphics working. Previously, before using WhateverGreen, I was using 0x0a260006 for an ig-platform-id, which reverses to 0600260a, I also tried this value in Xcode, but that also does not work.
What am I doing wrong please?
Debug logs attached.
Regards.

Attachments

• debug_20434.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 62
So, I am now using Xcode to edit the plist.config file. I have an HD 4400 / laptop, in post #1 it says, 'Laptop: 0x0A160000 (default), 0x0A260005 (recommended)', and for Data format you need to reverse the bytes, so 0x0A260005 reverses to 0500260a, so I enter 0500260a into the data filed in Xcode, which coverts / saves to the below:

Code:
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <dict>
                <data>BQAmCg==</data>
            </dict>
        </dict>

But, I still can't get graphics working. Previously, before using WhateverGreen, I was using 0x0a260006 for an ig-platform-id, which reverses to 0600260a, I also tried this value in Xcode, but that also does not work.
What am I doing wrong please?
Debug logs attached.
Regards.

You must also inject a fake device-id as 0xa16 is not supported.
In Xcode, add a property device-id=<12040000>.

You should use a plist from the guide:

I don't have any setting like that in my BIOS.

You can try (shameless plug) Intel FB-Patcher to set Patch->Advanced->DVMT pre-alloc 32 MB. Either that or set your pre-alloc in your BIOS using the setup_var method. I also just added the ability to fake device-id's as RehabMan has suggested.

Attachments

• InjectDeviceId.png
    InjectDeviceId.png
    395.8 KB · Views: 253
Back