Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

Hi to anyone!
I'm trying to up HD4400 on my Laptop, but can't get full working video, only Intel HD Graphic 4000 7mb and many glitches at booting.
Now i have in my config.plist lines:
AAPL,ig-platform-id 0300220D
disable-internal-gpu 01000000
framebuffer-cursormem 00009000
framebuffer-patch-enable 01000000
framebuffer-stolenmem 00003001

And video still not working property(

See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Hello everyone !

I'm trying to patch my desktop framebuffer on Mojave (18A391).

DELL Optiplex 9020:
- BIOS A22
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
- Intel HD4600 (ig-platform-id : 0d220003)

but can't get 4K video. (max resolution obtained : 2560x1440)

Here my EFI with config-test4k.plist.

Need help, thank's.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.1 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Not sure if my issue is related to this thread, if not please let me know. I'm having trouble setting up my system with WhateverGreen, I'm unable to load the graphic driver according to the instructions in this thread and Safari freezes the computer as soon as a video is playing.

My system was running stable on High Sierra using IntelGraphicsFixup.kext for removing the Safari video freeze, but I removed it and installed WhateverGreen instead since it's now supposed to be integrated in that one, but had issues with Safari freezing the computer. I decided to try Mojave hoping that my issues was the result of old conflicting configurations, so now I'm on a clean Mojave installation, but I'm still having the same issues.

Using an i7 4790K with Intel HD4600 graphics and the system configured as an iMac15,1. If I'm not mistaken the closest ig-platform-id would be 0412000B since it's an iMac15,1 with Intel HD Graphics 4600 according to post #2.

Trying 0412000B (iMac15,1, HD4600) doesn't boot, it get stuck (at least a couple of minutes) without any noticeable error in verbose mode.
Code:
<key>Properties</key>
   <dict>
      <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
      <dict>
         <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
         <data>CwASBA==</data>
      </dict>

With 0D220003 (default desktop Haswell) it boots with the graphic reported as "Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB" but will freeze as soon as Safari plays a video.
Code:
<key>Properties</key>
   <dict>
      <dict>
         <data>AwAiDQ==</data>
      </dict>

Removing PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) altogether and set Inject>Intel>True will also boot with the graphics correctly reported as "Intel HD Graphics 4600 1536 MB", but will also freeze as soon as Safari plays a video.

This is the EFI partition:
Code:
EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/
   ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
   AppleImageLoader-64.efi
   AppleKeyFeeder-64.efi
   AppleUiSupport-64.efi
   AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
   DataHubDxe-64.efi
   FSInject-64.efi
   SMCHelper-64.efi
   VBoxHfs-64.efi
EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
   FakeSMC.kext
   Lilu.kext
   WhateverGreen.kext

I've attached my config (serials etc. masked) when testing 0D220003.

Is there something wrong with my config or drivers/kexts or have I misunderstood the instructions or the intent?

Attachments

• config-0D220003.plist
    7.6 KB · Views: 184
Not sure if my issue is related to this thread, if not please let me know. I'm having trouble setting up my system with WhateverGreen, I'm unable to load the graphic driver according to the instructions in this thread and Safari freezes the computer as soon as a video is playing.

My system was running stable on High Sierra using IntelGraphicsFixup.kext for removing the Safari video freeze, but I removed it and installed WhateverGreen instead since it's now supposed to be integrated in that one, but had issues with Safari freezing the computer. I decided to try Mojave hoping that my issues was the result of old conflicting configurations, so now I'm on a clean Mojave installation, but I'm still having the same issues.

Using an i7 4790K with Intel HD4600 graphics and the system configured as an iMac15,1. If I'm not mistaken the closest ig-platform-id would be 0412000B since it's an iMac15,1 with Intel HD Graphics 4600 according to post #2.

Trying 0412000B (iMac15,1, HD4600) doesn't boot, it get stuck (at least a couple of minutes) without any noticeable error in verbose mode.
Code:
<key>Properties</key>
   <dict>
      <dict>
         <data>CwASBA==</data>
      </dict>

With 0D220003 (default desktop Haswell) it boots with the graphic reported as "Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB" but will freeze as soon as Safari plays a video.
Code:
<key>Properties</key>
   <dict>
      <dict>
         <data>AwAiDQ==</data>
      </dict>

Removing PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) altogether and set Inject>Intel>True will also boot with the graphics correctly reported as "Intel HD Graphics 4600 1536 MB", but will also freeze as soon as Safari plays a video.

This is the EFI partition:
Code:
EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/
   ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
   AppleImageLoader-64.efi
   AppleKeyFeeder-64.efi
   AppleUiSupport-64.efi
   AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
   DataHubDxe-64.efi
   FSInject-64.efi
   SMCHelper-64.efi
   VBoxHfs-64.efi
EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
   FakeSMC.kext
   Lilu.kext
   WhateverGreen.kext

I've attached my config (serials etc. masked) when testing 0D220003.

Is there something wrong with my config or drivers/kexts or have I misunderstood the instructions or the intent?
0x0412000B and iMac15,1 are not suitable for your computer. It suits those computer have HD4600 and Discrete graphics.
You have only IGPU. So 0D220003 is suit for you.
Make sure your Lilu,WhaterGreen and clover are the latest version,then you can try the config.plist I uploaded.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 130
Hi to anyone!
I'm trying to up HD4400 on my Laptop, but can't get full working video, only Intel HD Graphic 4000 7mb and many glitches at booting.
Now i have in my config.plist lines:
AAPL,ig-platform-id 0300220D
disable-internal-gpu 01000000
framebuffer-cursormem 00009000
framebuffer-patch-enable 01000000
framebuffer-stolenmem 00003001

And video still not working property(
try
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist

but can't get 4K video.

You may need the -cdfon boot arg (or enable-hdmi20 config.plist/Devices/Properties for your IGPU) to enable 4K

You could give Intel FB-Patcher a try.

I dd and it is very handy at setting my con0 and con1 variables and memory, thanks for that. Weg accepts and logs the changes fine setting to hdmi x2 and one vga doesn't help.

A couple of suggestions to imorove it would be to load the igfxdump file automatically and show the display0 information for the framebuffer, mine shows it for my USB to dp framebuffer.

Martin

Back