Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

Hi! First of all, thank you so much for the guide and it really helps.

I'm having question on patching the framebuffer with the objective of resolving the sleep/wake up problem in my system. Here is my configuration:

- MB Gigabyte GA-H270M-D3H, using KabyLake i5-7400 on integrated Intel HD630 with 3 ports (D-Sub, DVI-D, HDMI) and I use the HDMI port for single display only.
- Upgraded to Mojave, with latest Clover, Lilu & Whatevergreen
- Everything is working fine using imac 18,1, except it will reboot instead of wake up after it is turned off with the sleep mode(looks like it is completely shut down instead of sleeping).

I can't figure out how to patch the framebuffer properly after reading the guide. Should I disable certain connectors but what data I should use? I use 0x59120000 as the ig-platform-id.

Many thanks!

Last edited:
You may need the -cdfon boot arg (or enable-hdmi20 config.plist/Devices/Properties for your IGPU) to enable 4K
Thank's for your answer, but I tried -cdfon boot arg or enable-hdmi20 in config.plist/Devices/Properties (with AAPL,ig-platform-id=0300220d).
Nothing to do, my PC does not want to show me 4K resolution.

I ended up thinking that I have a problem of DSDT or SSDT.

Thank's for your answer, but I tried -cdfon boot arg or enable-hdmi20 in config.plist/Devices/Properties (with AAPL,ig-platform-id=0300220d).
Nothing to do, my PC does not want to show me 4K resolution.

I ended up thinking that I have a problem of DSDT or SSDT.

Your profile has no hardware details.
Please fix as per rules (you already agreed to them): https://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/

Make sure you patch the connector for HDMI (framebuffer-conX-type <00 08 00 00>).
Keep in mind 4k will likely use a HiDPI mode.
To tell what resolution is actually being sent, you may need to look at status on the monitor itself.

If you have a large monitor and want to actually have everything rendered at 1x 4k, you may need to create a display override file, and use RDM to select the 4k resolution.

Are we supposed to do this framebuffer patching if we want to enable QuickSync with a discrete video card? I was previously using Shiki.kext with a connectorless ig-platform-id. It seems to work fine after the upgrade to Mojave, so I'm a bit confused as to whether this guide is necessary for my bulid.

Your profile has no hardware details.
Please fix as per rules (you already agreed to them): https://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/

Make sure you patch the connector for HDMI (framebuffer-conX-type <00 08 00 00>).
Keep in mind 4k will likely use a HiDPI mode.
To tell what resolution is actually being sent, you may need to look at status on the monitor itself.

If you have a large monitor and want to actually have everything rendered at 1x 4k, you may need to create a display override file, and use RDM to select the 4k resolution.
Sorry for forgetting about my hardware info. Fault corrected now.
My monitor (DELL UP3216Q) is connected via DisplayPort. Can we get a 4K resolution via this port ? It works without issues in Linux.

Hi, I Amy trying to move to WhateverGreen on my Dell XPS 13 9333, followed the guide, removed old kexts, installed new requirements, etc, but can't seem to get it working, not sure what I am doing wrong, if someone could point me in the right direction please.
Regards.

Attachments

• debug_26620.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Framebuffer patching in Mojave
Dear headkaze,

I am having one trouble with graphics HD 620 on Razer Blade Stealth 12.5 4K display (i7-7500u) using Lilu + WhateverGreen on Mojave 10.14.
1. When I boot with HDMI plugged, my internal (laptop) display is black (with backlight, I can still adjust brightness using hotkey), and only external display works. Audio works as DP too in this case.
2. When I hot plug HDMI when I am already booted macOS, both screens work but I have no external audio device so no sound.

Is it something that you can help?Can I fix it using any of these patch?
I downloaded FBPatcher but nothing show up (I worked before on 10.13.6)
I have tried all platform-id possible for Kaby Lake, but still no luck.

Here are my debug files for when I have HDMI hot plug and when I have it plugged when I boot to macOS.
Please help. Thanks.

Attachments

• debug_13382_HDMI_hot_plug.zip
    9 MB · Views: 59
  • debug_17169_boot_with_HDMI.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 60
I downloaded FBPatcher but nothing show up (I worked before on 10.13.6)

As the instructions state you must use WEG's -igfxdump boot flag to dump your FB data and open it in Intel FB-Patcher or use the Framebuffer->macOS 10.13.6 (17G2112) menu item.

Back