Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Broadwell NUC5 using Clover UEFI (NUC5i5MHYE, NUC5i3MYHE, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, there you go with my stuff. If you have seconds to check them, I'd be grateful. I'll try and copy the patches directly onto the config.plist so as to see if it changes anything (I also have two units lol)

I'll let you know after I have a chance to pull one of my NUC5s out of service for a bit of testing...

I suspect it has to do with the monkey biz going on in native B0D3._INI.

The files you have here, replace B0D3 with HDAU instead of renaming it. As a result, all native code such as that in B0D3._INI is never executed. Maybe that stuff is messing with OS X.

OK, there you go with my stuff. If you have seconds to check them, I'd be grateful. I'll try and copy the patches directly onto the config.plist so as to see if it changes anything (I also have two units lol)

Just checked on my NUC5 unit with 10.11.6. HDMI audio is working fine as stated in post #1.
Not sure where you got the idea that it wasn't working.
Known issue with HDMI audio with the NUC6 (non Skull Canyon), but that is a different guide and not related to this thread.

The package I sent you was for the unit in which HDMI works (my old one, done without your guide). Here is the package for the no-HDMI unit, I guess I must have made a gross mistake following your guide but I cannot find it :/

Attachments

• RehabMan_NoHDMI.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 72
The package I sent you was for the unit in which HDMI works (my old one, done without your guide). Here is the package for the no-HDMI unit, I guess I must have made a gross mistake following your guide but I cannot find it :/

My NUC6 has dual DP (no HDMI). The provided config_nuc5.plist is setup for it.

If yours does not and your monitor is plugged into an actual HDMI port, you must enable the 0204 patch. It is in your config.plist but disabled.

My NUC6 has dual DP (no HDMI). The provided config_nuc5.plist is setup for it.

If yours does not and your monitor is plugged into an actual HDMI port, you must enable the 0204 patch. It is in your config.plist but disabled.

I do have one HDMi and one mini-DP.
Enabling the 0204 patch does not do the trick (does not change a thing, the HDMI output does not appear in the parameters and in the ioreg neither...). Must be something else but I cannot figure out why ? Can the system definition impact the admissible outputs for example ?

Yep, there it is...

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 88
Already did that, with no luck. Here is the package with both 0105 and 0204 enabled...

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 87
I have thus tried to replace B0D3 with HDAU everywhere (DSDT and SSDT-7 typically), but then I got a kernel panic that looks related to root device not present if I'm not misled (pls look at attached screen, that happens just before the forbidden sign pops up)

Attachments

• 2016-11-28 15.15.23.jpg
    2016-11-28 15.15.23.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 99
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back