Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Broadwell NUC5 using Clover UEFI (NUC5i5MHYE, NUC5i3MYHE, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already did that, with no luck. Here is the package with both 0105 and 0204 enabled...
I'm not an expert but there is at least one problem with your files: HFSPlus.efi and VBoxHfs-64.efi coexist in your drivers64UEFI folder...

Edit: Sorry, i didn't see that VboxHfs was disable in your config.plist. :)

Last edited:
I have thus tried to replace B0D3 with HDAU everywhere (DSDT and SSDT-7 typically), but then I got a kernel panic that looks related to root device not present if I'm not misled (pls look at attached screen, that happens just before the forbidden sign pops up)

If you follow the guide, renames already done via config.plist.
This guide uses hotpatch, not static patching.
Follow the guide as written.

Here is the problem report again, I'm pretty sure the patches are properly activated in the config.plist, but nothing shows in the ioreg nor in the control panel. Screwed AppleHDA ? I've included it in the package below, with all other necessary elements.

Please advise ?

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 85
Here is the problem report again, I'm pretty sure the patches are properly activated in the config.plist, but nothing shows in the ioreg nor in the control panel. Screwed AppleHDA ? I've included it in the package below, with all other necessary elements.

Please advise ?

This ioreg shows 0105 port patched for HDMI. HDMI audio should be working. Try a different device... your problem may be device specific/connection specific (eg. cabling).

Do you mean internal cabling inside the NUC, or HDMI like toward screen ?
The same unit fully works with same device under Ubuntu...

Do you mean internal cabling inside the NUC, or HDMI like toward screen ?

I mean the screen and/or cabling to the screen. You didn't mention anything about the hardware that is connected.

The same unit fully works with same device under Ubuntu...

Not relevant. This topic is for OS X.

Hi RehabMan,
Could you explain how to activate Bluetooth (it's built-in on the NUC5i7RYH) on Windows, please?
I've enabled it in BIOS and it's working fine on Windows 10, but it's not detected on El Capitan...
Thanks for your help.

Hi RehabMan,
Could you explain how to activate Bluetooth (it's built-in on the NUC5i7RYH) on Windows, please?
I've enabled it in BIOS and it's working fine on Windows 10, but it's not detected on El Capitan...
Thanks for your help.

On my NUC5s, I removed the incompatible Intel WiFi/BT and replaced with compatible Broadcom hardware.
Intel BT is not supported very well (no good firmware uploader), and WiFi not at all.

Intel BT is not supported very well (no good firmware uploader)...
Yes, I know and it seems the BT device's batteries are heavily drained, but i wanted to give a try to see by myself.
So if someone could explain how to activate the NUC5i7RYH Intel's BT on macOS... It would be great. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back