Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also having trouble setting up my I5BEH NUC an stuck at a message afs_module_start 1393 load com.apple...
I copied the configs and everything correctly and I also had this problem with rehabman's guide any help would be highly appreciated.
here is a photo and my efi folder

Try the EFI folder attached on post #562, if you wanna try put it on an USB key with clover.

I was able to install Mojave on my NUC8i7 with the 73 BIOS version. Everything is working fine, except some issues with default boot volume, LastBootedVolume does not work with Clover.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I was able to install Mojave on my NUC8i7 with the 73 BIOS version. Everything is working fine, except some issues with default boot volume, LastBootedVolume does not work with Clover.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Your answer will be in another thread as it is a Clover configuration issue. See link below to one solution.

OK Guys I got it working with the efi folder in post 430 and everything works great!
Thanks for all the help.

Hello,
I got a NUC8i5BEK today and I am trying to boot from the installation usb stick. I followed the guide to the letter, but unfortunately the system hangs with:

The Regents of the University.....

MAC framework successfully initialized
AMFLoadTrustedKeysFromNVRam: no nvram variable
using 16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer headers

Than it hangs....

Edit: I simply used the EFI folder from post #562 and now I am able to boot into the installer. Many thanks to @rob.home9009!

Unfortunately I do not have a system disk to install to at the moment. I ordered the BEK model instead of the BEH model and am unable to connect my existent 2.5" SSD.
I will get an M.2 disk tomorrow and continue installation.

Last edited:
ok good to know that you got it working!

NOTE :
This is a note for anyone using the EFI folder on post 430.
You may experience hangs at kextd stall ... to get to the installer you can just select boot mac os with injected kexts or add the boot argument InjectKexts=Yes

Your answer will be in another thread as it is a Clover configuration issue. See link below to one solution.

Thanks for your suggestion, but I've already looked around for this and couldn't find a solution.

Apparently this is an issue regarding NVRAM, that's why I asked here, where people deal with the same hardware as me.

Even though at first it looks like a clover configuration issue, it is not. The configuration is there, it's just that NVRAM is somehow interfering with it.

Another thing I wanted to mention, when I'm watching a video on youtube using safari, about after 3 to 4 mins, the screen goes black(watching in full screen mode) the video comes back when I move the mouse or exit out of full screen mode. This problem I can work around by using another browser.
Me too.
Same behaviour
Interesting, I can't replicate that behavior. Safari running YouTube no issues.
You may want to try making it full screen and play a few different videos that are longer than 3 mins long. I tested it with music videos.

Updating to bios #73 and then to Mojave 10.14.6 with same Clover and Efi from my post #533, issues with fullscreen youtube videos disappear.
Now I can watch fullscreen videos with safari and monitor doesn't go off.
And system runs smoothly too

Hi,

Just to add that some of the issues can be down to quality of the USB stick... I tried it with a Toshiba one and it was just painful (never worked, slow to boot) and replaced it with a high end kingston stick. Boom, everything worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back