Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had experienced the same issue as yours. I managed to solve this by downgrading my bios to 56 as 56 is used by most of the users here.
Hi everyone, indeed v56 seems to be easier to handle than v51 and boots with lesser headaches than v51, to my personal experience.
However, on another thread people confirmed (after me asking them) that v66 boots JUST fine provided you patch the DSDT with a provided Clover patch (something related to RTC but not clear yet). See comment here by @nickhx

Before updating the BIOS, edit the Clover config.plist in the EFI Folder and add the following lines to the ACPI -> DSDT -> Patches section:
Code:
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>Fix NUC BIOS DSDT Device(RTC)</string>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>oAqTU1RBUwE=</data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>oAqRCv8L//8=</data>
                </dict>
This is based on a fix I saw on another forum for a different ASRock motherboard that had a similar issue. Be careful before updating as this has only been tested on my own NUC. Make sure you keep a copy of BIOS0056 beforehand (it's posted on one of the threads here) so that you can revert back to the earlier version if this does not work.

Good luck and, if you decide to try, please post if you have success.
From Intel's page, both my NUC8i7BEH and the i5 variant use the same BIOS files...

UPDATE: Very strange, Intel's site pulled all BIOS updates and latest is v51 today! Is it just me or can anyone confirm? URL = https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126147/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i5BEK

Last edited:
Hi everyone, indeed v56 seems to be easier to handle than v51 and boots with lesser headaches than v51, to my personal experience.
However, on another thread people confirmed (after me asking them) that v66 boots JUST fine provided you patch the DSDT with a provided Clover patch (something related to RTC but not clear yet). See comment here by @nickhx

From Intel's page, both my NUC8i7BEH and the i5 variant use the same BIOS files...

UPDATE: Very strange, Intel's site pulled all BIOS updates and latest is v51 today! Is it just me or can anyone confirm? URL = https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126147/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i5BEK
Yeah, there's no more 64 or 66 shown on the site for me either.

I'm not sure if I kept the v66 file or not; maybe it's in my trash... I never downloaded v56, and it appears the best shot is with v56. I wonder if I changed my BIOS to v56 or v66 with above patch if my issue would go away? Not sure though. I'm also not above just rebuilding my USB and starting over, although the definition of insanity is trying the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results (which is what's happening to me with this NUC install attempt).

Last edited:
All, I was able to start installation of Mojave after downgrading my BIOS. However, I'm getting stuck on Step 8 of Part 2, where I'm supposed to be booting into the install for the last time. I get stuck at this step (reference verbose picture attached; IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0). I saw a couple of people in this thread and on Google with the same text where I'm getting stopped. I tried changing the ig-platform-id to 0x12345678 and got stuck at the same place. Is there a problem with my SSD maybe?

Follow my reply @ post 242. I managed to solve that using that method.

Follow my reply @ post 242. I managed to solve that using that method.
When I tried this method, I'm unable to see my boot from macOS drive on the very first reboot.

EDIT: Looks like the regular clover (non Rehabman) doesn't check the APFS drivers by default. BRB.

EDIT2: It worked!! Thanks!!

Last edited:
When I tried this method, I'm unable to see my boot from macOS drive on the very first reboot.

EDIT: Looks like the regular clover (non Rehabman) doesn't check the APFS drivers by default. BRB.

EDIT2: It worked!! Thanks!!
Good to hear that. Now enjoy your hackintosh like the rest of us. Cheers

Hi,

I managed to install a Fresh Mojave 10.14.4 with Bios Version 66 following this guide with the additions of various comments. (especially 242 and 252)

Everything seems to work, but I found one major issue.

When trying to play a purchased Movie from Itunes I get a black screen and a HDCP error.

Does anyone encountered this and has an idea how to solve this ?

Hi,

I managed to install a Fresh Mojave 10.14.4 with Bios Version 66 following this guide with the additions of various comments. (especially 242 and 252)

Everything seems to work, but I found one major issue.

When trying to play a purchased Movie from Itunes I get a black screen and a HDCP error.

Does anyone encountered this and has an idea how to solve this ?
Hi Cuthalion, that is kind of a documented issue and because of it there is another forum. Streaming apparently doesn't work but some members have been able to play downloaded movies. See here:

NUC8i5BEH
32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 2400mhz
SATA SSD Samsung MZ7TY256HDHP-000L7

Followed everything to the T and post #242 add on. Sometimes during bootup i get the no entry logo and verbose shows this. I noticed that if I go into BIOS and even exit without saving, it would work. I tried flashing 0056 and then back to 0051 but it still happens randomly, especially from a cold boot.

Please help if there is a solution for this. Thanks!

NUC8i5BEH
32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 2400mhz
SATA SSD Samsung MZ7TY256HDHP-000L7

Followed everything to the T and post #242 add on. Sometimes during bootup i get the no entry logo and verbose shows this. I noticed that if I go into BIOS and even exit without saving, it would work. I tried flashing 0056 and then back to 0051 but it still happens randomly, especially from a cold boot.

Please help if there is a solution for this. Thanks!
View attachment 399375
There was a similar issue here marked as solved. Check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back