Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this helps the folks that are new to Hackintosh who are looking to upgrade from 10.14.3 to 10.14.4

Configuration:
BIOS: v51
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB x 2
Storage: Sabrent 512GB Rocket NVMe

I did not update Clover - still running with the latest pre-built version (Clover_v2.4k_r4701.RM-4963.ca6cca7c.zip)

I performed the upgrade through the "Software Update" pane within MacOS. Once the download completed, click on reboot.

During the reboot, you will see an additional entry on Clover; boot to that entry. During the boot process, it will appear to be stuck at the Apple Boot Logo - sit tight, it takes a while - the progress bar will ultimately complete (i want to say it was over 5 minutes, but I did not time it).

Once the progress bar completes, the system will reboot. The process where you see the additional clover entry and boot to it will happen for another 2 times. On the last time, you will see the Upgrade process window pop-up. It will upgrade MacOS and at the end it will reboot.

On this final reboot, you will not longer see the additional entry on Clover - it will boot normally. The 1st time booting may take a bit longer than usual.

Hope this helps

Anyone getting this hanging at reset catalogue. Fresh install of 10.14.4. Bios at 56, nand 970 evo m.2. Nuc8i7beh.

10.13.6 booted OK.

Anyone getting this hanging at reset catalogue. Fresh install of 10.14.4. Bios at 56, nand 970 evo m.2. Nuc8i7beh.

10.13.6 booted OK.

View attachment 396116
What drivers are you loading in your clover folder? Can you post a screen shot? I ask because it looks like it's hanging on the APFS file format and that's any easy fix.

What drivers are you loading in your clover folder? Can you post a screen shot? I ask because it looks like it's hanging on the APFS file format and that's any easy fix.
It's the exact same drivers from rehabman for nuc8i7which includes the emulator and hfsplus.

Attachments

• DSC_0851.JPG
    DSC_0851.JPG
    6.9 MB · Views: 63
It's the exact same drivers from rehabman for nuc8i7which includes the emulator and hfsplus.
you may need to update your clover version for 10.14.4

you may need to update your clover version for 10.14.4

So turning off whatevergreen.kext (block injected kexts options), made 10.14.4 work. Otherwise it does not boot up, in fact I turned off everything but FakeSMC and IntelMausiEthernet.

I have graphics acceleration, audio from the jack, BT dongle (to bt keyboard) all working with kexts in EFI only (nothing in /L/E)

These are the kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/other:
AppleALC.kext
FakeSMC.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
HDMIAudio.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
CodecCommander.kext
Lilu.kext
FakePCIID.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext

Attachments

• config-eg.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 122
  • Screenshot 2019-03-31 at 00.10.49.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-31 at 00.10.49.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 65
So turning off whatevergreen.kext (block injected kexts options), made 10.14.4 work. Otherwise it does not boot up, in fact I turned off everything but FakeSMC and IntelMausiEthernet.
Hi mate, what BIOS version are you using, please?
Do you also consciously use two kexts for HDMI audio?

I invite you to visit my re-setup diary that was eventually posted as a new thread. If you have a few minutes to read through, do drop by this thread with your comments regarding a clean direct 10.14.4 install on NUC8 where I also describe why there's the mid-boot pause: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-with-minimal-tweaks-feedback-needed.274445/

But I did some mistake unconsciously, two days ago, and I am getting stuck at Clover’s r4985 “scan entries” and can no longer boot my SSD. Tried everything. While booted from USB installer, I updated SSD EFI to Clover r4910, nothing. Suspecting a boot sector corruption, I secure-erased SSD and restarted 10.14.4 install, installed Clover, no results (repeated this twice). Replaced VboxHFS.efi with HFSPlus.efi still nothing. Enabled Legacy boot, Clover crashes and reboots the NUC... even cleared CMOS per Intel’s instructions.

Suspecting some BIOS corruption (!) I downgraded tonight from BIOS v56 (for some reason pulled by Intel!) to BIOS v51, as NUC won’t allow reflashing same version; but now, while booting, the newer 10.14.4 USB Installer causes kernel panics (seems these simplified config.plist and less kexts needs BIOS v56). Seems I may need to redo the installer but I deleted 10.14.2 AppStore installer from my original Mac :(

Any ideas for solving “scan entries” being stuck, very welcome.

I consider upgrading to BIOS v66, anyone running latest Mojave without issues on BIOS v66? No NVMe for now... Perhaps get some backup 2.5” HDD to test first... @Leesureone still running BIOS v66 without issues? Updated to 10.14.4 yet? Thanks!

Last edited:
I found to run bios version 66 I also had to include a DDST file in the ACPI/patched folder uploaded from a Dutch site by Suedkaliber. There were some issues with the config.plist that was part of his EFI I tried to work though. I got my wired internet going but sound via the head phone jack didn't anymore. Long story short I went back to bios version 51 (56 was pulled by intel but posted in the main thread) and my original set up based on Rehabmans script because it just made more sense....for me anyway. Feel free to try it knowing you can always downgrade. Good luck, read your diary a few days ago, curious what you find out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back