Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing El Capitan on Spectre x360 (Skylake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have gotten to the brightness section. I am a bit confuse as to where is the patch code for the "brightness fix".

Edit. I tried using the graphics_PNLF_haswell.txt but I get a strange light flicker. Not sure if this is the right code for the spectre.

Edit. Just realize that I only have to use the graphics_PNLF.txt.

Last edited:
Hi, everyone. I have some experience with hackintosh on my old Dell M6500.
Recently, I update to Dell M7510, come with Skylate. Refer many source, I have installed successfully 10.11.4 using Clover on it, but as expected, almost everything doesn't work, except for ethernet.
Hundreds of combination of plist.config, but no luck. The worst thing is, I can't manage to get graphic accelerate to work, result in almost useless OS.
My attempt mainly based on the plist.config from this and Rehabman config_HD520_530_540.plist. For the 1st one, I can get keyboard and trackpad works. With the 2nd one, even keyboard and trackpad die. Certainly, both has no help on graphic acceleration. Related bios, I applied all suggestion in guideline, and also tried enable and disable the graphic switchable option. And I have installed Nvidia web driver, too, but no help.
My system spec: Xeon(R) CPU E3-1535M v5, integrated HD530 and discrete Nvidia quadro 2000M.
Attached file is the CLOVER folder, maybe helpful for your verifying. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 420
Hi, everyone. I have some experience with hackintosh on my old Dell M6500.
Recently, I update to Dell M7510, come with Skylate. Refer many source, I have installed successfully 10.11.4 using Clover on it, but as expected, almost everything doesn't work, except for ethernet.
Hundreds of combination of plist.config, but no luck. The worst thing is, I can't manage to get graphic accelerate to work, result in almost useless OS.
My attempt mainly based on the plist.config from this and Rehabman config_HD520_530_540.plist. For the 1st one, I can get keyboard and trackpad works. With the 2nd one, even keyboard and trackpad die. Certainly, both has no help on graphic acceleration. Related bios, I applied all suggestion in guideline, and also tried enable and disable the graphic switchable option. And I have installed Nvidia web driver, too, but no help.
My system spec: Xeon(R) CPU E3-1535M v5, integrated HD530 and discrete Nvidia quadro 2000M.
Attached file is the CLOVER folder, maybe helpful for your verifying. Any help is appreciated.

Your post is off-topic. This guide is only for the HP Spectre x360 laptop.

Sorry for that. So what should I do? A new topic for my specific problem?

Hello SkullD3mon,

Thank you for detailing your work and posting such an informative guide.

I have read through this thread and I am considering this laptop. As a bonus, I believe an OLED version will become available any day now.

My question is.... in your guide you list the following,

"What doesn't work:

- Few artifacts / white settings-bar on top (solve with setting color profile (sRGB IEC61966-2.1))
(System Preferences-->Displays-->Color)."

Based on both our response in the guide (Post #1) and the positive comments from other members on page 8 of this thread who tried the setting color profile work around, it seems like this is no longer an issue. Are you going to update your guide to remove this as a "what doesn't work" or are you maybe keeping it there, since it is something that you change by hand, thus, it is something that doesn't work right out of the box?

Cheers!

Hello SkullD3mon,

Thank you for detailing your work and posting such an informative guide.

I have read through this thread and I am considering this laptop. As a bonus, I believe an OLED version will become available any day now.

My question is.... in your guide you list the following,

"What doesn't work:

- Few artifacts / white settings-bar on top (solve with setting color profile (sRGB IEC61966-2.1))
(System Preferences-->Displays-->Color)."

Based on both our response in the guide (Post #1) and the positive comments from other members on page 8 of this thread who tried the setting color profile work around, it seems like this is no longer an issue. Are you going to update your guide to remove this as a "what doesn't work" or are you maybe keeping it there, since it is something that you change by hand, thus, it is something that doesn't work right out of the box?

Cheers!

Thank you :) and buying the laptop is a really good choice in my opinion!
I did not remove the " What does not work" section because there are still some artifacts (e.g. the arrow next to the password on the lock screen does not load correctly).

Thank you :) and buying the laptop is a really good choice in my opinion!
I did not remove the " What does not work" section because there are still some artifacts (e.g. the arrow next to the password on the lock screen does not load correctly).

Thanks for the reply. One other thing I forgot to ask, if you don't mind..

Somewhere along the way someone posted about the profile they selected in clover configurator. The subsequent comment, mentioned that it really didn't matter, at that time, because Apple hadn't released any skylake models yet.

Now that skylake models have been released, what profile are you using and since I am late coming to the party, did you have to revise the guide a lot once MAC skylakes were released? Hopefully things are a touch easier with actual Mac skylakes on the market. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back