Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installation of USB Wireless Antenna (Chipset RT2870/RT3070) in Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.

I struggled to install my RNX-N180UBEv2 (chipset rtl8192EU) with El Capitan, even though this USB key is the first recommended in the guides.

At first I tried to follow the instructions from this post (http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/realtek-released-drivers-for-802-11ac-usb-adapters.106288/) but the files weren't available anymore. So I downloaded the drivers from Realtek for OS X 10.10 (file name is RTLWlanU_MacOS10.6_MacOS10.10_Driver_1827.4_UI_2.4.2_V14) and used Pacifist to install the packages (you have to inspect the Distribution file to know which ones to install). And works like a charm!

I spent a few days trying out other drivers etc. but none of them was working.

Guess that should be added somewhere considering people may choose the RNX-N180UBEv2.

I got the edimax ew-7711mac adapter, which I think is the RT2870 chip.
However, I was stupid enough to go and just download driver from the edimax website and install them.....
Only later did I read on the same page that those drivers didn't work with 10.12.....
So now I can't boot the machine :(
Anyone got this one to work in 10.12??
(using a better and less dumb method than mine....?)

Works on macOS Sierra 10.12.3
My steps:
1) Install BearExtender 5.4 do not restart
2) Run EasyKext Utility
3) Drag RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext to it - RESTART

Please add tags for macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Hello everebody,

hope someone can help me.

I have the LogiLink WL0084B(Ralink RT 5370) and try them to use on my Hackintosh

I had install Bearextender (but the release info say its for el capitan) and the kext in the dmg of bearextender.

Problem:
Everytime i restart my computer bearextender doesnt show any favorit. I have to refresh networks, choose my network and add favorit, then i have to type in the password. After that i have 2 entries in the favorit section and i can activate wlan and use it.
After a reboot the same...

And if i close the window of beatextender i cant start it aigain.

Thank your very much

My steps:
2) Run EasyKext Utility

Hi. Can You tell me what WIFI dongle you use? And what version of kext you use. Because I have TP-LINK AC600 (T2U) dongle and can't find solution. Thank's

Last edited:
Ok my Problem is solved.

If you put the kext to clover/kexts/others it goes but with some problems.
you need to install the kext with the utility ... but i dont know why

Hi. Can You tell me what WIFI dongle you use? And what version of kext you use. Because I have TP-LINK AC600 (T2U) dongle and can't find solution. Thank's

I have TL-WN727N v3. Like i said. I did what was in the steps but shorter described in my steps. OPs attached files have all that was needed.

I have Tp-link WN7200ND which is rt3070 chipset, I tried all kext files and tutorials but none of them worked on Sierra 10.12.3, So finally I fixed the issue with this Alfa wireless installer. Just download attached file, install and restart. Now it's working perfectly and I'm super happy after long hours of research.:clap::crazy:
THANK YOU!!!!!! IT'S WORKS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for this. Works great!

But is there a way to hide the BearExtender at startup? The "Hide" checkbox on Login Items doesn't work.

My steps:
2) Run EasyKext Utility

Thx it works on 10.12.3 with my D-Link DWA-140 rev B3 , I hope it will still work on High sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back