Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never used that so I don't have any leads as to what works or what to buy. Post in the networking thread to see if anyone who already owns one can help you out.
Does anybody know how to get sleep working?

Does anybody know how to get sleep working?
If you've followed the guide to a T and it still won't sleep, try ejecting your external hard drive first before sleeping the computer and see if that helps. You can also just disconnect the USB cable completely if you'd like to.

in case anyone has any other thoughts... :) I have blanked out my serial. I am using 9010 with GT 1030, and WEG and LILU in L\E. It is waking to blank. I fix it with mapped hot key f1 toggling my resolution from 1080 to 900 back to 1080... but that is a little annoying, in case anyone has any thoughts. :)

Attachments

• efi.zip
    26.9 MB · Views: 66
There may be an issue with generating an SSDT on Mojave - advise you to keep a backup of your High Sierra EFI folder before trying Mojave.

Find attached two SSDT's for an i5 3475s, they should be similar but the one made on Mojave causes the CPU to run at a steady 800MHz only, whereas the one made on High Sierra gives full functionality.

Attachments

• 2 SSDT's.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 60
There may be an issue with generating an SSDT on Mojave - advise you to keep a backup of your High Sierra EFI folder before trying Mojave.

Find attached two SSDT's for an i5 3475s, they should be similar but the one made on Mojave causes the CPU to run at a steady 800MHz only, whereas the one made on High Sierra gives full functionality.

What about using Generate Options > Plugin Type=True in Mojave ? Is that working ?

Interesting that you say that. I recently updated to Mojave and things haven't been great. I was using the Plugin Type settings that you previously mentioned on High Sierra but it doesn't seem to play that well on Mojave. I notice it when stress testing a single CPU thread; It doesn't boost to 3.9, it stays at 3.7ish and moves up and down around that range. When testing multiple CPU threads it stays consistent. (See attachment)

I've also been seeing some other issues around sleep/rebooting. At first, the computer would turn off when I wasn't using it for a period of time (sometimes after a couple of hours and definitely every night). I would sometimes get the random reboot on HS but on Mojave the computer actually turns off. It's either that or the power button light is on but I can't wake the computer. Immediately waking the computer after it's gone to sleep works just fine though.

I've been refraining from asking question about it do to the root cause of this issue is likely my own impatience :p

Attachments

• oneCPU.png
    oneCPU.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 79
  • allCPUs.png
    allCPUs.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 81
I've also been have a slew of connection issues via ethernet but I think it have more to do with my networking setup than the actual computer. The main issues is that all connections to all devices stop working (wired or wifi) until the ethernet cable for the Hackintosh gets removed from the switch its connected to. Then everything suddenly starts working again. Crazy stuff :crazy:

I've also been have a slew of connection issues via ethernet but I think it have more to do with my networking setup than the actual computer. The main issues is that all connections to all devices stop working (wired or wifi) until the ethernet cable for the Hackintosh gets removed from the switch its connected to. Then everything suddenly starts working again. Crazy stuff :crazy:
Hi
Theres lots to be looking at there, if you dont mind posting your config.plist (delete your serials first) Im interested in having a work thru if you are willing to play too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back