Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install Catalina on the Dell Optiplex 7010 and 9010 Desktop PC

I upgraded to a RX 570, but I'm not getting any BIOS/Clover boot screen after the change.
Did you set the BIOS to AMD HD Graphics instead of Auto ?

No - can't access the BIOS at the moment, but I switched it from Intel to Auto. So, it might be that simple? I'll give it a look.

No - can't access the BIOS at the moment, but I switched it from Intel to Auto. So, it might be that simple? I'll give it a look.
There should be an AMD HD Graphics option under Primary Display once the 570 is installed.

Screen Shot 3.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I hooked up the old monitor and my DisplayPort to DVI cable, and I made the change. No change in behavior with the HDMI cable. My newer monitor via HDMI says Input Not Supported. Like the image is out of range or something, again, just for the BIOS/Clover boot screens.

This newish monitor does not have a DVI port, which was a disappointment. I just ordered a DisplayPort to HDMI and may see if that changes anything.

If only using HD4000 by i7-3770 DP, would sleep work?

Currently having HD2500 and HD7470 inside 9010.

Cheers, twsps

Thanks for the quick reply,

I’ve been trying to get HD7470 to work, would sleep and acceleration work with this card in Catalina?

Cheers,
Twsps

I’ve been trying to get HD7470 to work, would sleep and acceleration work with this card in Catalina?

Cheers,
Twsps
Doesn't look like that is supported in Catalina

Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 8.55.42 AM.png

I ordered a DisplayPort to HDMI cable but unfortunately my monitor/configuration still boots and shows "Input Not Supported". Again, I can boot into the system, and if I used a DisplayPort to DVI cable on another older monitor, it all works fine. Oh well. I will do my best not to reboot that much.

Great guide, though!

Cheers,
Twsps

macOS already drop the support of Radeon HD 6000 series support since Mojave

HD 7470 is not True Radeon HD 7000 series, don't be fooled by the product name, it is based on Radeon HD 6000 GPU chip (TeraScale 2 architecture)

HD 77xx, HD78xx, HD79xx series are based on GCN architecture GPU chips

Back