Contribute
Register

[GUIDE]HP Spectre x360 13-ap0037TU(Late 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice! I am getting 180Mbps/40 now. Jitter is a tad high occasionally and upload speed halved, I used to get ~86mbps. I have 190/190 over ethernet. What speeds are you seeing?
i get my full broadband speed 200/80Mbps.

by the way i just experienced the battery issue.
I went back to the hp website downloaded the SAME version of my bios and reinstalled it.
From powered state , pressed and held the power button for about 30 secs.
After that it seem to go back to normal.
BUT MAKE SURE ITS THE SAME BIOS VERSION, OTHERWISE IT MAY BREAK TOUR HACKINTOSH.

I went back to the hp website downloaded the SAME version of my bios and reinstalled it.
BUT MAKE SURE ITS THE SAME BIOS VERSION, OTHERWISE IT MAY BREAK TOUR HACKINTOSH.
Okay, let me know if the battery issue returns. Do you dual boot windows? Can u check your battery health? I'm interested whether it might be related to battery cycles because my brother hasn't had this issue at all and he uses the same efi folder. Shutting down the pc and holding down power button for 30 sec clears the message also but shutting down or rebooting makes it reappear for me.

Btw my Asus router reports a Tx rate of 780Mbps and Rx rate of 58Mbps with vht preview drivers. Never thought intel wireless would be this usable in a Hackintosh. I hope Rx rate gets better soon.

Last edited:

The 1.3.0 alpha I found has better upload speed. I am getting 180 down and 173 up. It's 802.11n though. Sadly geforce now doesn't work properly, drops connection. Must be an issue with the driver.

UPDATE: The latest itlwm 2.0 alpha is amazing. 802.11ac, great speeds both up and down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway, has anyone managed to get fan control working? Is it even possible with virtualsmc? I think I need a custom fan curve because my laptop overheats sometimes. Also I'd like to fix the battery issue... :'( Any ideas?

Can anyone do a guide/youtube video about how to dual boot big sur and windows 10 in this laptop please? Or even trial boot would be better, linux, windows, mac os. Thank you.

Can anyone do a guide/youtube video about how to dual boot big sur and windows 10 in this laptop please? Or even trial boot would be better, linux, windows, mac os. Thank you.
It's easy, you just open up disk utility, select view > show all devices. click on your ssd, choose "Partition" and make a partition for windows, then run windows installer from USB, choose custom install, delete the partition you just made for windows then choose the free space and install. I guess the procedure will be the same for linux but I don't run linux.

If anyone cares for this, here's how you make the fan sensors work. Add this to your config plist. You need virtualsmc's SMCSuperIO plugin for this. I'd really like to be able to control fan speed manually but I'm not confident I'm able to achieve this so I give up instead of wasting my time.

Code:
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>ec-device</key>
                <string>generic</string>
                <key>fan-count</key>
                <data>AgAAAA==</data>
                <key>fan0-size</key>
                <data>AgAAAA==</data>
                <key>fan0-big</key>
                <data>AAAAAA==</data>
                <key>fan0-addr</key>
                <data>sgAAAA==</data>
                <key>fan1-size</key>
                <data>AgAAAA==</data>
                <key>fan1-big</key>
                <data>AQAAAA==</data>
                <key>fan1-addr</key>
                <data>swAAAA==</data>
            </dict>

It's easy, you just open up disk utility, select view > show all devices. click on your ssd, choose "Partition" and make a partition for windows, then run windows installer from USB, choose custom install, delete the partition you just made for windows then choose the free space and install. I guess the procedure will be the same for linux but I don't run linux.
Okey I will do it that way. I have previously do it like that but I thought there was a better way to do it with OpenCore. Thank you!

Hi, I have the same laptop as the main post with some minor difference: My model is hp spectre x360 13-ap0003ns. It is Spanish version, with 8gb ram, FHD display and 256gb NVME SSD. All other specs are the same, including the Intel i7-8565U. I have been trying to install Big Sur with Opencore 7.0, but I have failed. I have tried downloading the EFI folder from the first post but it did not work. I have also tried creating my own EFI folder following https://dortania.github.io/vanilla-laptop-guide/OpenCore/config-laptop.plist/coffee-lake.html guide but it gives me the same error message. I attach a photo of the errore received wich is: Panic(cpu 0 caller……)..... Fault CR2….

Could somebody help me please? I have searched for this error but I could not fix it.

I attach a photo of the error, as weel as the log file of the error and the EFI folder used. I would really appreciate your help, I would like to have my hackintosh stable and ready for August since I need it for University.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 65
  • opencore-2021-06-26-224518.txt
    256 KB · Views: 52
  • EFI.zip
    39.1 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Disabling itlwm do not work. I have the following error in debug file : EB|`B:WFDW] Err(0xE), 0 @ LocHB 71B4903C-14EC-42C4-BDC6-CE1449930E49

It seems that it could be related to CFG-Lock (OCCPU: EIST CFG Lock 1). How did you proceed to disable this option? I cannot find it in the bios.
Hi @stephmac86, how did you manage to solve your error? I think I have the same problem. Could you please help me?

PD: The previous message of this post is mine explaining my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back