Contribute
Register

[GUIDE]HP Spectre x360 13-ap0037TU(Late 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally managed to boot my hackitoshbut I have the next problems:
1)I can not make it to boot from the local SSD. I have copied it to my local EFI folder but the laptop does not seem to be seeing it.
2) I have to audio output speakers, one for L and R and another for the front speakers. Won't be possible to combine those two groups?
3)Battery percentage is not updating. This also is causing that I can just boot the laptop whith the charger connected. Once booted I can unplug and use it normally.

I also have an HP Specter x 360 15 i7-8565U / 8 Génération from 2018/2019 on which I install just for fun different versions of macOS until the days I managed from High Sierra to Monterey. tests clover 5126/27/28 with Catalina, practically everything functional. My personal observation, the camera / internal microphone / face time is missing. Everything else is working really well.
Big Sur and Monterey also works quite well on the NVME TOSHIBA DE 500GB Internal SSD with OpenCore-067 a 074, installed a few days ago, connected to HDMI on an external screen, internally I have a black screen with these two versions of macOS, but macOS is fine. I know this because I can hear the personal startup cheme sound that I added when I'm on the desktop very well.
I can share several EFI Clover or OpenCore files made by myself with my meager knowledge and help from several forum members.
Capture d’écran 2021-10-12 à 16.46.59.png
Capture d’écran 2021-10-12 à 16.58.43.png
Capture d’écran 2021-10-12 à 16.56.12.png
Capture d’écran 2021-10-12 à 16.56.31.png

Last edited:
I also have an HP Specter x 360 15 i7-8565U / 8 Génération from 2018/2019 on which I install just for fun different versions of macOS until the days I managed from High Sierra to Monterey. tests clover 5126/27/28 with Catalina, practically everything functional. My personal observation, the camera / internal microphone / face time is missing. Everything else is working really well.
Big Sur and Monterey also works quite well on the NVME TOSHIBA DE 500GB Internal SSD with OpenCore-067 a 074, installed a few days ago, connected to HDMI on an external screen, internally I have a black screen with these two versions of macOS, but macOS is fine. I know this because I can hear the personal startup cheme sound that I added when I'm on the desktop very well.
I can share several EFI Clover or OpenCore files made by myself with my meager knowledge and help from several forum members.
Hi, and have you managed to install it internally on the SSD? I installed Big Sur and it worked well but I could just boot it from the USB. Could you please help me and share your Big Sur Folders? Also if they require any additional step please let me know. Thank you so much in advance.

Hi, and have you managed to install it internally on the SSD? I installed Big Sur and it worked well but I could just boot it from the USB. Could you please help me and share your Big Sur Folders? Also if they require any additional step please let me know. Thank you so much in advance.

Last edited:
I managed to install internally on Toshiba 500GB Nvme SSD with OpenCore 074, Big Sur and Monterey, only on external screen, because black screen on Laptop.
please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

I managed to install internally on Toshiba 500GB Nvme SSD with OpenCore 074, Big Sur and Monterey, only on external screen, because black screen on Laptop.
Hey! Did you solve your problem?

Waaait, so you are booting opencore 0.7.4 from the internal SSD not from a usb key? That's amazing because that has never worked for me. If you confirm it I will try as well :)

Hi
i have the same computer HP Specter x 360 15 i7-8565U i managed to install Big Sur and now Monterey with same issues for everyone no internal mic, face time. Camera works with little glitch. Trackpad is problem since Big Sur wasn't able to get it to work. please let me know how did you was able to get to work for you.

Hi,
I'm a newbie in the Hackintosh community and I need help. I have an HP Spectre x360 - 15 i7-8565U - df0008ca.

I tried to install macOS Big Sur 11.2.3 on a external drive (USB key) until I saw on another forum that someone else that also tried to install Big Sur on an external drive say that it's not possible because of security improvement by Apple in this version of MacOS. So I installed Catalina 10.15.7 on a external drive (USB key).

I dumped SSDT-EC.aml, SSDT-PLUG.aml, SSDT-PMC.aml and SSDT-AWAC.aml with SSDTTime. I downloaded all the up to date kexts and OpenCore 0.7.5 (all releases version). I made my own config.plist with the Dortania Guide and also this thread. I probably made somes mistakes in the config.plist

I'm able to boot to the lock screen (take 5 minutes) and after entering my password it took another 7 minutes before I reach the desktop. It's so slow and laggy, I'm not able to do anything... Maybe a problem with the graphics I don't know...

In the config.plist, in DeviceProperties > Add > PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0), I only set AAPL,ig-platform-id = 00009B3E. If I set device-id = 9B3E0000, I got a black internal screen, but with and USB-C (Thunderbolt 3) to VGA adapter, I can get screen working on a external monitor, but the system is also extremly slow and laggy.

Tested/Working : Trackpad(I2C), Touchpad(I2C), Built-in Speaker, Connection of external display from Type-C/VGA, backlit keyboard brightness adjustment, battery capacity, Wi-Fi(Built-in intel chip), Bluetooth(Built-in intel chip), iMessage.

Not working : Keyboard

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

*** I removed the Serial info in the attached config.plist under PlatformInfo > Generic ***

Attachments

• EFI.PNG
    EFI.PNG
    147.1 KB · Views: 64
  • config.plist
    36.4 KB · Views: 56
Hi,
I'm a newbie in the Hackintosh community and I need help. I have an HP Spectre x360 - 15 i7-8565U - df0008ca.
HI
I managed to install Big Sur before and now Monterey but no internal mic which I still trying to fix. Also no iMessage or FaceTime which both I don't really care much if they didn't work.
I will share my config.plist with you, currently I am out of town when I get back home I will upload it here.

HI
I managed to install Big Sur before and now Monterey but no internal mic which I still trying to fix. Also no iMessage or FaceTime which both I don't really care much if they didn't work.
I will share my config.plist with you, currently I am out of town when I get back home I will upload it here.
Thanks you ! I really appreciate !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back