Contribute
Register

[GUIDE]HP Spectre x360 13-ap0037TU(Late 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, sorry for digging up a comment so past. I have an Spectre late 2017, and I also suffer from UEFI bug(Internal SSD booting issue). I would like to go to Clover to use this Preloader.efi method, but I can't find the proper documentations(like Opencore) to learn how to do clover. Is there any page that teaches about the new Clover(ones with Opencore integration)? Thanks to all!
Naw there isn’t. The preloader method itself isn’t related to clover at all, just a workaround some members of the forum came up with. Check step 5 here.

Naw there isn’t. The preloader method itself isn’t related to clover at all, just a workaround some members of the forum came up with. Check step 5 here.
Yeah, but the method doesn't work on OpenCore for reasons god knows why...
Ended up teaching myself Clover. New ones are very compatible with OC, so was relatively a easy job. Now I can use the workaround.

Yeah, but the method doesn't work on OpenCore for reasons god knows why...
Ended up teaching myself Clover. New ones are very compatible with OC, so was relatively a easy job. Now I can use the workaround.
Yes I also have no problems whatsoever with clover on Catalina. Even figured out why YouTube videos were sometimes laggy on safari. I updated my git repo so everything is up to date there.

Has anyone successfully booted Big Sur?

I tried both clover and open core and the installer crashes during the first phase just around 11 minutes remaining or so with sigkill diskarbitrationd.

I read it might be possible to work around it by installing BS with virtual box or vmware and adding the physical disk to it and then after install maybe it boots with oc/clover but I have not had time to try myself. This problem actually started way back with the 3rd beta of BS.

Yes I also have no problems whatsoever with clover on Catalina. Even figured out why YouTube videos were sometimes laggy on safari. I updated my git repo so everything is up to date there.

Has anyone successfully booted Big Sur?

I tried both clover and open core and the installer crashes during the first phase just around 11 minutes remaining or so with sigkill diskarbitrationd.

I read it might be possible to work around it by installing BS with virtual box or vmware and adding the physical disk to it and then after install maybe it boots with oc/clover but I have not had time to try myself. This problem actually started way back with the 3rd beta of BS.
I booted BS with Clover r5128, but this might be a sly workaroud similar to your findings.
I tried booting BS(already installed on my SSD with OC) with Clover, and it worked without issues. So guess I'll just do it this way.

Has anyone connected a 4k display via Type-c to HDMI? I've tried that and the resolution is 2560x1440, if I remove the framebuffer-fbmem and framebuffer-stolenmem patches I can select 3840x2160 but the actual display doesn't look right. Do you know of a solution?

How stable is this hackintosh working? Have you find any solution for the camera? Thank you in adavance.

There is no solution for the camera yet, on linux it uses the built in UVC drivers and works just fine, maybe there is something to learn from the linux drivers. It's weird that it's detected but doesn't turn on on MacOS. Anyway it's quite stable. Wifi drivers aren't very good but still amazing progress has been made with Intel WiFi on macOS. Wifi generally stops working for me when I put the laptop to sleep.

I wanted to ask, has anyone encountered this problem? When I reboot my computer it says non-hp battery detected and battery indicator does not work. My brother has the exact same laptop and uses the same EFI as me but on his computer everything works fine. Could it be my battery dying. I checked on windows it had around 64% of capacity left and a huge amount of cycles had been used. I had already used up 700 battery cycles. This battery is rated for 1000, could this be the reason?

I wanted to ask, has anyone encountered this problem? When I reboot my computer it says non-hp battery detected and battery indicator does not work. My brother has the exact same laptop and uses the same EFI as me but on his computer everything works fine. Could it be my battery dying. I checked on windows it had around 64% of capacity left and a huge amount of cycles had been used. I had already used up 700 battery cycles. This battery is rated for 1000, could this be the reason?
I have almost the same laptop as you.
The wifi seems to be close to perfect (same performance as windows for me).
Here is a preview of 802.11ac
one is for bigsur the other is catalina

Attachments

• airportitlwm_vht_preview_BigSur (1).zip
    12.5 MB · Views: 95
  • airportitlwm_vht_preview_Catalina.zip
    12.5 MB · Views: 67
Last edited by a moderator:
I have almost the same laptop as you.
The wifi seems to be close to perfect (same performance as windows for me).
Here is a preview of 802.11ac
one is for bigsur the other is catalina
Nice! I am getting 180Mbps/40 now. Jitter is a tad high occasionally and upload speed halved, I used to get ~86mbps. I have 190/190 over ethernet. What speeds are you seeing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back