Contribute
Register

[GUIDE]HP Spectre x360 13-ap0037TU(Late 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks you Stalkiee, I tried but the result is an endless loop of Itwlm scanning verbose in Opencore.

Thanks you Stalkiee, I tried but the result is an endless loop of Itwlm scanning verbose in Opencore.
Hmm, try disabling itlwm? Probably won't help but worth a try. Also I am using airportitlwm now, instead of showing up as an ethernet device it is wifi and location services and some other stuff works now. This means nullethernet kext and ssdt is needed for App Store though.

Disabling itlwm do not work. I have the following error in debug file : EB|`B:WFDW] Err(0xE), 0 @ LocHB 71B4903C-14EC-42C4-BDC6-CE1449930E49

It seems that it could be related to CFG-Lock (OCCPU: EIST CFG Lock 1). How did you proceed to disable this option? I cannot find it in the bios.

Disabling itlwm do not work. I have the following error in debug file : EB|`B:WFDW] Err(0xE), 0 @ LocHB 71B4903C-14EC-42C4-BDC6-CE1449930E49

It seems that it could be related to CFG-Lock (OCCPU: EIST CFG Lock 1). How did you proceed to disable this option? I cannot find it in the bios.
do you have a keyboard icon in the top right corner on the boot loader? OpenCore is not able to boot from internal drive on my spectre so I switched to clover, I am updating my git soon, I have everything working with clover like I had with opencore. Clover by the way is now almost like a gui for OpenCore with some added options like the possibility to dual boot windows and linux and bypass all the patched dsdt loading :)

@Stalkie, I do not have the icon, as of today, I have only tested via external SSD, If everything works, I will install OC on an external NVME/Thunderbolt and perhaps in a later step use it as a main OS (internal).
I understand that dual boot is complex on a single disk as Windows would boot with the modified DSDT and SSDT. (I currently have dual boot on a NUC with separate drives)

But now, I am about to give up. I have performed many tests and I really don't understand what is wrong regarding HW acceleration.
Without device-id it works without HW acceleration, but as soon as I add a device-id, I cannot reach the Apple boot (tested with several SMBIOS and device-id's).

Do you have an idea of where I could seek for help regarding this issue?

Attachments

• config - Romain 1.plist
    32.2 KB · Views: 47
@Stalkie, I do not have the icon, as of today, I have only tested via external SSD, If everything works, I will install OC on an external NVME/Thunderbolt and perhaps in a later step use it as a main OS (internal).
I understand that dual boot is complex on a single disk as Windows would boot with the modified DSDT and SSDT. (I currently have dual boot on a NUC with separate drives)

But now, I am about to give up. I have performed many tests and I really don't understand what is wrong regarding HW acceleration.
Without device-id it works without HW acceleration, but as soon as I add a device-id, I cannot reach the Apple boot (tested with several SMBIOS and device-id's).

Do you have an idea of where I could seek for help regarding this issue?
Try my clover folder. Make sure to replace my dsdt.aml with yours! You need to boot from PreLoader.efi file.

I do not know clover at all. How am I supposed to boot with Preloader.efi? Should a "boot" file be present at the root of the USB like for OC?
Also, I have not patch by battery, is there a risk to use your clover?

I do not know clover at all. How am I supposed to boot with Preloader.efi? Should a "boot" file be present at the root of the USB like for OC?
Also, I have not patch by battery, is there a risk to use your clover?
Press F9 when starting the laptop and choose the preloader.efi file within clover folder.

Wow, thanks, the OS successfully booted.

I see 2GB HW acceleration! :)

However the builtin display is only 1080p instead of 4k. Do you know how to fix that?
Also if I plug a 4K monitor (via USB C), I have major glitches on the built in monitor, but the external monitor displays 4K

Also regarding dual boot, is that feasible to keep Windows installed and simply add the MACOS partition on the NVME? If so, does that require only to remove the windows EFI and replace it with yours?

Last question, have you tried Big sur?

Wow, thanks, the OS successfully booted.

I see 2GB HW acceleration! :)

However the builtin display is only 1080p instead of 4k. Do you know how to fix that?
Also if I plug a 4K monitor (via USB C), I have major glitches on the built in monitor, but the external monitor displays 4K

Also regarding dual boot, is that feasible to keep Windows installed and simply add the MACOS partition on the NVME? If so, does that require only to remove the windows EFI and replace it with yours?

Last question, have you tried Big sur?
Big Sur doesn't boot for me yet. Yes you can dual boot easily, just create a partition for windows, install windows on that partition then use easyuefi to add a boot entry for clover preloader and move it to the top.

Edit: sorry I misread but it should work fine although I have always installed macOS first then windows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back