Contribute
Register

[GUIDE]HP Spectre x360 13-ap0037TU(Late 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, I have two problems with my spectre:
-internal mic doesn't work
-I can see brightness slider but it doesn't work
do you know how could I fix these?
The built-in microphone works by introducing Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext and setting the Layout ID.
I used 11 this time, but other IDs can be used.
Brightness works by introducing WhateverGreen.kext, SSDT-PNLF-CFL.aml and adding information about the graphics board in config.plist.
The Intel UHD Graphics 620 disguises as the Intel UHD Graphics 630 because it is not adopted by macOS.

Sometimes brightness keys are stopping working so I have to reset EC holding power button for 30 sec ;)
Any solution for this Kusaanko ? ;)

Sometimes brightness keys are stopping working so I have to reset EC holding power button for 30 sec ;)
Any solution for this Kusaanko ? ;)
Ah... sorry.
I'm not sure because that doesn't happen.
Also, I do not have much knowledge...

No bother :) It's really pissing me off but got karabiner installed and mapped keys so if it's stopping then I use FN+F3,F4 instead until next restart ;)

Last edited:
The built-in microphone works by introducing Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext and setting the Layout ID.
I used 11 this time, but other IDs can be used.
Brightness works by introducing WhateverGreen.kext, SSDT-PNLF-CFL.aml and adding information about the graphics board in config.plist.
The Intel UHD Graphics 620 disguises as the Intel UHD Graphics 630 because it is not adopted by macOS.
my spectre has i7-10510u and UHD 630.... I used your configuration but it doesn't work, I also have to use fake device-id to get a working framebuffer, in each case the in system settings the monitor icon's is wrong, it is shown as external monitor. Maybe it's related to Comet lake, but searching on internet I haven't find anything. The internal mic doesn't work, I tried all the layout-id aviable (in Hackintool app) but no luck, I think it is related to the f12 button (on my spectre f12 enable/disable mic). the layout-id I tried are 11,21,31,52. I missed one?

my spectre has i7-10510u and UHD 630.... I used your configuration but it doesn't work, I also have to use fake device-id to get a working framebuffer, in each case the in system settings the monitor icon's is wrong, it is shown as external monitor. Maybe it's related to Comet lake, but searching on internet I haven't find anything. The internal mic doesn't work, I tried all the layout-id aviable (in Hackintool app) but no luck, I think it is related to the f12 button (on my spectre f12 enable/disable mic). the layout-id I tried are 11,21,31,52. I missed one?
For the mic problem: Dump audio codec from linux and try adding it to applealc. The problem probably lies there. Applealc doesn't support every existing layout.

There was an article that the 10th generation CPU needed to disguise the PCI ID to produce sound.
Z490 sound seems to be supported in OpenCore 0.6.0, so please try updating OpenCore and AppleALC.kext.
Also, the graphics are for Intel UHD Graphics 620 so please use Hackintool to generate the patch for UHD 630.

There was an article that the 10th generation CPU needed to disguise the PCI ID to produce sound.
Z490 sound seems to be supported in OpenCore 0.6.0, so please try updating OpenCore and AppleALC.kext.
Also, the graphics are for Intel UHD Graphics 620 so please use Hackintool to generate the patch for UHD 630.
The problem is that 10 gen is shitty ....my CPU Is Comet Lake, and seems that I have to follow Coffee Lake guides, and not Ice Lake ones. In any case the only way to enable graphics acceleration Is to spoof gpu (9B3E)...however I still have some framebuffer to try

Last edited:
For the mic problem: Dump audio codec from linux and try adding it to applealc. The problem probably lies there. Applealc doesn't support every existing layout.
I'll try with a linux live usb, however i don't know how to edit applealc.
i found a software device in windows device manager, this is related to mic control, i have to search inside the dsdt maybe

The problem is that 10 gen is shitty ....my CPU Is Comet Lake, and seems that I have to follow Coffee Lake guides, and not Ice Lake ones. In any case the only way to load ebable graphics acceleration Is to spoof gpu (9B3E)...however I still have some framebuffer to try
a little update:
my original igpu id is 9B41
searching in Dortania guide, Whatevergreen guide and intel site I discovered this:
9B3E is related to 8/9th gen (only one 8th CPU)
3EA5 is related to 8th gen
C49B is related to 10th gen
all the others fake id are for desktop.
now I'm trying to match the right framebuffer....actually booting with 9BC4 give me a black screen

9B3E is the right one

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back