Contribute
Register

[GUIDE]HP Spectre x360 13-ap0037TU(Late 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the codec dump. Found applealc instructions here: https://github.com/F0x1c/AppleALC_Instructions.

Stuck and confused at step 3.1 in this guide.
Codec: Realtek ALC285
Address: 0
Vendor Id: 283902597
Pin Complex Nodes with Control Name:
Node 17 : Corrected verb data: ”10011790”
Node 19 : Corrected verb data: ”c010a104”
Node 21 : Corrected verb data: “20102104”, EAPD 0x02

Calculating the PathMaps
Pin Complex 0x21 > Audio Output 0x02 Stereo Amp-Out, Decimal 21 -> 2 (Headphones)
Pin Complex 0x17 > Audio Output 0x03 Stereo Amp-Out, Decimal 23 -> 3 (Speakers)
Pin Complex 0x17 > Audio Output 0x06 Stereo; Decimal 23 -> 6

Attachments

• codec_dump_0.txt
    9.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Guys does any off you got camera working? I got mine recognised as USB camera in USB devices list and Skype does see it no no picture coming out unfortunately

Guys does any off you got camera working? I got mine recognised as USB camera in USB devices list and Skype does see it no no picture coming out unfortunately
Nope, we need drivers it's non-UVC.

Edit: actually under Ubuntu linux I think it uses the UVC drivers (and works, albeit not at 1080 resolution). So It might be that the device is just not being initialized properly under macOS or sth. but I have no idea, so far I have not found anyone with a solution for our webcam model.

Last edited:
Do any of you get windowserver crashes? Random log outs when doing computationally intensive tasks? For example this happens very often while previewing a flutter project in android studio through an iOS/android emulator.. Or right now I tried to build a flutter dockset for Dash app and it crashed two times.

Attachments

• crashlog.zip
    18.8 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
I just removed framebuffer patches and changed to a different ig-platform id and model name in hopes it would prove to be more stable but am still getting windowmanager crashes... Think the crashes might also be related to macOS and not my configuration. My spectre has a 1080p120hz screen but it seems in my case framebuffer patches for dvmt prealloc are unnecessary. I hope the next version of the OS solves these issues, beta was a bumpy ride.
Code:
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>
                CQClPg==
                </data>
                <key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
                <string>Internal@0,2,0</string>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>
                pT4AAA==
                </data>
                <key>device_type</key>
                <string>VGA compatible controller</string>
                <key>enable-hdmi20</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>hda-gfx</key>
                <string>onboard-1</string>
                <key>model</key>
                <string>Intel UHD Graphics 620</string>
            </dict>

Last edited:
Has anyone able to boot to opencore from internal SSD EFI? I tried the Preloader.efi method but it did not work for me.
Hey guys, I have a model ap0013dx 13.3" and thanks to the tips I've gotten from everyone in this thread everything is almost perfectly. Currently quadruple booting Catalina, Windows 10, Ubuntu, and Android 9.0. However, I can't get past this issue either. I've also tired the Preloader.efi trick and tried rEFInd boot manager and nothing. I got the microSD card reader working but sadly there is no option in the BIOS to enable booting for the SD reader. Has anyone managed to be able to boot macOs without the USB installer?

Edit: Also, the CFG lock. I followed the guide and have the variable that I need to change (mine is 0x5C3) but modGRUBShell.efi will not run on my machine no matter what I tried. Using the Kernel quirks at the moment.

And, I wasn't able to create a manual SSDT-GPIO.dsl due to my DSDT missing some variables that the guide didn't address how to deal with. Using the universal SSDT at the moment.

If anyone was able to get past any of these issues I would greatly appreciate if you could share how you did it.

Last edited:
I don't have CFG Lock. Also no, it seems open core doesn't like booting from internal SSD; wasn't actually aware of it until now. Might be a bug in hp's firmware or within OpenCore. I might want to migrate to clover soon unless this gets fixed

config.plist in OC folder didn't have SMBIOS...and I debug my DSDT for 3 days. It's not a good story:)

hi, I have two problems with my spectre:
-internal mic doesn't work
-I can see brightness slider but it doesn't work
do you know how could I fix these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back