Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
try clover 5146 seems to be working fine with everything

edit. update. solved

5146 and 10.15.7

100% everything appears to work afaik for now ...

followed the guide below. with existing efi made with rm guide and 10.14.6 then updated to clover 5119, 5122, then 5146 to add in the opencore quirks.

tested. delete efi on usb installer , and install 5146.

googled why it didnt boot. clover 5146 isnt as simple straight forward as pre-v5122

thanks ian6267 pointing to the newest clover 5146 as of writing.

Last edited:
Don't know if there's a better place to post this but for anyone like me who's still using HD3000 and have been experiencing graphics artifacts in firefox I seem to have found a fix, in about:config "see pic" I now have no more artifacts even with HDMI and laptop monitors both running as duel screens or mirroring.
The first change tidied up any videos, the second change stopped any artifacts appearing on the rest of the page

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-16 at 06.14.59.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-16 at 06.14.59.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot 2022-06-16 at 09.05.51.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-16 at 09.05.51.png
    18 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
There's always something else to fix!
My usb3 nec, mXHCD.kext loading and I can see my usbdrive in IOExplorer when I plug it in, but no drives on desktop and non recognised by disc utility

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-16 at 16.11.24.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-16 at 16.11.24.png
    22 KB · Views: 24
There's always something else to fix!
My usb3 nec, mXHCD.kext loading and I can see my usbdrive in IOExplorer when I plug it in, but no drives on desktop and non recognised by disc utility
in your SSDT-4x30s.aml it has the usb ports listed, it still may require USBInjectAll.kext as well placed in clover/kexts/other

in your SSDT-4x30s.aml it has the usb ports listed, it still may require USBInjectAll.kext as well placed in clover/kexts/other
Thanks I'll try it, it did work fine in Catalina without USBInjectAll, but will give it a try

didn't make any difference, apparently I'm not alone. There are possibilities but at the moment I'm struggling how to find a way to alter system files. Might just go back to High Sierra where life was much simpler :lol:

didn't make any difference, apparently I'm not alone. There are possibilities but at the moment I'm struggling how to find a way to alter system files. Might just go back to High Sierra where life was much simpler :lol:
another way would be to remove the section in that aml file for your usb ports and re create a USBPorts.kext:
but best done in Catalina though

another way would be to remove the section in that aml file for your usb ports and re create a USBPorts.kext:
but best done in Catalina though
Yep or just stick with HS must admit I do like the way Big Sur looks and feels though

Yep or just stick with HS must admit I do like the way Big Sur looks and feels though
this is the file without the usb ports section so something you could play around with if you wanted to

Attachments

• SSDT-4x30s.aml
    8.4 KB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back