Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's always something else to fix!
My usb3 nec, mXHCD.kext loading and I can see my usbdrive in IOExplorer when I plug it in, but no drives on desktop and non recognised by disc utility

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-16 at 16.11.24.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-16 at 16.11.24.png
    22 KB · Views: 24
There's always something else to fix!
My usb3 nec, mXHCD.kext loading and I can see my usbdrive in IOExplorer when I plug it in, but no drives on desktop and non recognised by disc utility
in your SSDT-4x30s.aml it has the usb ports listed, it still may require USBInjectAll.kext as well placed in clover/kexts/other

in your SSDT-4x30s.aml it has the usb ports listed, it still may require USBInjectAll.kext as well placed in clover/kexts/other
Thanks I'll try it, it did work fine in Catalina without USBInjectAll, but will give it a try

didn't make any difference, apparently I'm not alone. There are possibilities but at the moment I'm struggling how to find a way to alter system files. Might just go back to High Sierra where life was much simpler :lol:

didn't make any difference, apparently I'm not alone. There are possibilities but at the moment I'm struggling how to find a way to alter system files. Might just go back to High Sierra where life was much simpler :lol:
another way would be to remove the section in that aml file for your usb ports and re create a USBPorts.kext:
but best done in Catalina though

another way would be to remove the section in that aml file for your usb ports and re create a USBPorts.kext:
but best done in Catalina though
Yep or just stick with HS must admit I do like the way Big Sur looks and feels though

Yep or just stick with HS must admit I do like the way Big Sur looks and feels though
this is the file without the usb ports section so something you could play around with if you wanted to

Attachments

• SSDT-4x30s.aml
    8.4 KB · Views: 28
Thanks I'll have a play with it
you will have to use a previous version of macOS, high sierra or whatever, and then enable port limit patch with USBInjectAll.kext and then look into the usb setup guide above

you will have to use a previous version of macOS, high sierra or whatever, and then enable port limit patch with USBInjectAll.kext and then look into the usb setup guide above
:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back