Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help!
I can't create bootable Catalina usb.
I get kernel panic on "install catalina..." clover menu item.

Try my EFI folder and see what happens.
Make sure to back up your EFI first

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 107
Before anything I want to thanks this forum for all the help I already found on this hackintosh adventure.
I´m with a ´´new´´notebook (Hp 9470 M ,8 Gb RAM, Intel VGA HD 4000, i5 3rd generation.) and installed catalina with the help from tonymacx86 comunity. Everything works great (sound,wifi) but the boot process takes too much (about 2 min on apple logo) and I think maybe I did something wrong. The system looks a little slow sometimes but maybe catalina is too much for this old i5. Im not sure.
I want to know if someome can look ate my EFI folder o share another ideia.

Thanks so much

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 51
  • ioreg leo.ioreg
    4 MB · Views: 41
Try my EFI folder and see what happens.
Make sure to back up your EFI first
Thanks! I'll compare step by step. I successfully booted with Clover folder copied from my ssd

Hi, i am going to try Mac OS Mojave 10.14.1 on my HP EliteBook Folio 9480m. I have been searching and gathering information as much as I can. Below are my system information.

Motherboard:
  • Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
  • Model: 22DA
CPU
  • Intel Core i5 4310U
  • Haswell ULT
Graphics
  • Intel HD Graphics Family 4400
Audio
  • Realtek High Definition Audio
Network
  • Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260
According to research, intel network cards are not supported by MAC, so it seems that I have to change my Network card, can somebody help me which Network card should i purchase for Hackintosh compatibility. I have attached my network card picture.

Attachments

• IMG_20200516_015103.jpg
    IMG_20200516_015103.jpg
    409 KB · Views: 25
Hello everyone. First congratulate the miraculous team that supports this movement. I just take off my hat. How much work just for love! You are artists.
After years of hackintosh with your invaluable help, I inherited a Zbook G2. I have managed, by chance of course, to have it "up & running" at the same time with High Sierra, Mojave & Catalina; Windows 10 & Windows Server. macOS 10.14.6 & 15.4 are just an experiment ... but it "works".
Now it got serious. My always trustworthy HP 4540s - $ 600 in 2013 - with Yosemite (two successfully edited movies on the sidewalks of BCN & MEX ... with FCP7) needs to be parked & hibernated; it is the last machine that will run the iWeb, FCP7, and so many applications that keep a link with the past ... Still keep running a G4 just for having "Classic": ClarisWorks, MacWrite Pro ...
Let's get down to business. My internal speakers and mic don't work in High Sierra.
Should I use MultiBeast to fix it? Help me.
Rehab, you're the ****ing god. Give me a hand.
Touch my elbow. Health for all.

Hello, guys!
I am sorry, but can't find a proper theme for the question.
Is real to install Catalina on my Laptop?
I have AR5B195 wifi module, does it work in Catalina?

I already installed Catalina, but can't boot from my SSD (from USB it boots, but with no wifi and others).
Tried Clover Installer, MultiBeast, nothing helped. Boot fails again and again
I will be happy for links if installation is possible.

Have a good day!

Attachments

• err.jpg
    err.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 42
I use this guide
And all ok except bluetooth
Bluetooth i enabled with BrcmPatchRAM2 and BrcmFirmwareRepo, but im not sure, i think is with this

If you follow this guide you can install catalina

Thanks man!

Hello
I have a HP Probook 4530s. I followed this guide and everything works except for the USB 3. I do not see any XHCI or XHC1 with IORegistry Explorer. The 3 USB 2 works. Any help? I have tried GenericUSBXHCI and some other clover patches. Nothing works. Im on High Sierra (10.13.6) and the SMBIOS is set at MacbookPro8,1

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 1.18.51 am.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 1.18.51 am.png
    88.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 1.26.00 am.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 1.26.00 am.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 36
Thanks! I'll compare step by step. I successfully booted with Clover folder copied from my ssd

Did u succeed with your 840 G5? If so do you mind share your EFI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back