Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

My theory (only my theory, he never said this) is that after posting "Read the FAQ" 159,469 times over a period of seven years people were still not doing what he asked them to and he had enough and quit.

What he asked im curious?

What he asked im curious?
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"

best for you use a later version of clover first with config,plist from Rehabman

Did what you advised, Rehabman's config did not work, I ended up using someone else's config who has a similar laptop and with that I was able to see the desktop for the first time. Updated CLOVER fixed the problem. Thank you.
Now I am able to reach to the desktop without the USB drive.
I'll play with this and do some research before posting any questions :)
Thank you!

Attachments

• Photo May 05, 9 21 41 PM.jpg
    Photo May 05, 9 21 41 PM.jpg
    466.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
SUCCESS!
After days of struggling with my Mojave install I can finally say that my HP Elitebook 840 G5 is finally up and running.

Last edited:
Cross post

Also how does Mojave run on this laptop? Should I get an older/updated verison of MacOS?

I use the Catalina 10.15.1 version, but i supose It works with all versions

Sorry, I think I didnt make myself clear.
I mean What metod did you use? Not what SO version.

I used this guide on an 850 G1 Haswell and have had a bizarre set of issues.

If macOS triggers sleep in any way, as soon as the screen shuts off, it cannot turn back on without rebooting. The computer does not even need to go to sleep entirely for the display to stop working.

However, using the CLOVER folder from eddygraphic's success thread, sleep and wake work as expected. I would just use this CLOVER indefinitely, but I don't have any audio when using it.

I have attached problem reporting files which contains Rehabman's no-sleep hotpatched CLOVER as well as eddygraphic's CLOVER (called SleepNoAudio.zip).

Any help figuring this out would be appreciated!

Attachments

• debug_14945.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 53
  • SleepNoAudio.zip
    263.5 KB · Views: 42
SUCCESS!
After days of struggling with my Mojave install I can finally say that my HP Elitebook 840 G5 is finally up and running.

Did you try Catalina?

Sorry, I think I didnt make myself clear.
I mean What metod did you use? Not what SO version.

I use this guide
And all ok except bluetooth
Bluetooth i enabled with BrcmPatchRAM2 and BrcmFirmwareRepo, but im not sure, i think is with this

If you follow this guide you can install catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back