Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big change in AppleALC there is faking layout-id for Mojave. By default, AppleALC substitutes the layout-id you inject for 7. Sets alc-layout-id to the "real" layout-id, then patches enough to make it work. This is to work around the layout-id values that were removed in Mojave. You can see the difference in ioreg.
You might try disabling that code to see if it is the cause.

It is this code:
Code:
   // For every client only set layout-id itself.
   if (info->firmwareVendor != DeviceInfo::FirmwareVendor::Apple)
       hdaService->setProperty("layout-id", &info->reportedLayoutId, sizeof(info->reportedLayoutId));
(easy enough to find by searching the source for layout-id)

And you can change that "reported" layout-id from 7 to something else with kernel flag: alcapplid=X

Or it is possible there are XML changes in the AppleALC repo for your audio codec between those versions.
Check commit logs in AppleALC to see if that is the case (specifically with layout-id 3).
I checked the changelog, and didn't see any note of such changes, but that doesn't mean they didn't happen.

Anybody get DP working on Mojave?

I have a Elitebook 8570p with HD4000 only...

If you have an issue, you must attach problem reporting files as per post #1/FAQ.

Hello RehabMan! I ran ./ssdtPRGen.sh on my HP Elitebook 2560p core-i5 2560m and an error says board id is not supported by Sandy Bridge and if I still continue with the process, can I still use the generated ssdt file without problem?

Thanks

According to platformdata.c from Clover source, the ssdtPRgen.sh script is wrong:
Code:
  { "MacBookAir5,1", "MBA51.88Z.F000.B00.1809210852", "Mac-66F35F19FE2A0D05", // Intel Core i7-3667U @ 2.00 GHz
    "MacBook Air", "1.0", "C02J6HACDRV6", "Air-Enclosure",
    { 0x02, 0x04, 0x0f, 0, 0, 0x19 },  "j11j13", "j11", 0x7b006 }, // need ECPI

Seems like you can ignore it.

Any results with this?

Big change in AppleALC there is faking layout-id for Mojave. By default, AppleALC substitutes the layout-id you inject for 7. Sets alc-layout-id to the "real" layout-id, then patches enough to make it work. This is to work around the layout-id values that were removed in Mojave. You can see the difference in ioreg.
You might try disabling that code to see if it is the cause.

It is this code:
Code:
   // For every client only set layout-id itself.
   if (info->firmwareVendor != DeviceInfo::FirmwareVendor::Apple)
       hdaService->setProperty("layout-id", &info->reportedLayoutId, sizeof(info->reportedLayoutId));
(easy enough to find by searching the source for layout-id)

And you can change that "reported" layout-id from 7 to something else with kernel flag: alcapplid=X

Or it is possible there are XML changes in the AppleALC repo for your audio codec between those versions.
Check commit logs in AppleALC to see if that is the case (specifically with layout-id 3).
I checked the changelog, and didn't see any note of such changes, but that doesn't mean they didn't happen.

Hello RehabMan. Can you tell where exactly the patchmatic and iasl files are installed?
They are not in the /usr/bin directory.

Hello RehabMan. Can you tell where exactly the patchmatic and iasl files are installed?
They are not in the /usr/bin directory.

In Terminal:
Code:
which -a iasl
which -a patchmatic

Note from _tools/_install_subs.sh (install path is output by install_downloads.sh):
Code:
function install_binary
{
    if [ "$1" != "" ]; then
        if [[ ! -e /usr/local/bin ]]; then $SUDO mkdir /usr/local/bin; fi
        echo installing $1 to /usr/local/bin
        $SUDO rm -f /usr/bin/`basename $1` /usr/local/bin/`basename $1`
        $SUDO cp -f $1 /usr/local/bin
        $TAG -a Gray /usr/local/bin/`basename $1`
    fi
}

[QU
In Terminal:
Code:
which -a iasl
which -a patchmatic

Note from _tools/_install_subs.sh (install path is output by install_downloads.sh):
Code:
function install_binary
{
    if [ "$1" != "" ]; then
    fi
}

HI rehabman, I used the HP 840 g5 notebook to enter the installation interface erasing disk for the apfs format, click the erase button to force the automatic exit, re-enter the point to erase or succeed. My hardware configuration is: i7 8550u, uhd630 integrated graphics, 256g Samsung pm961 nvme, 1920*1080 resolution screen. I hope that you can understand my Chinese English, thank you. At the same time, I hope that HP 840 g5 can enter your support list.

Below is the dsdt I extracted from the clover interface. . .

Attachments

• origin.rar
    79.6 KB · Views: 52
HI rehabman, I used the HP 840 g5 notebook to enter the installation interface erasing disk for the apfs format, click the erase button to force the automatic exit, re-enter the point to erase or succeed. My hardware configuration is: i7 8550u, uhd630 integrated graphics, 256g Samsung pm961 nvme, 1920*1080 resolution screen. I hope that you can understand my Chinese English, thank you. At the same time, I hope that HP 840 g5 can enter your support list.

Read post #1, "Unsupported laptops".

Below is the dsdt I extracted from the clover interface. . .

Please use .ZIP for all uploads.

In Terminal:
Code:
which -a iasl
which -a patchmatic

Code:
function install_binary
{
    if [ "$1" != "" ]; then
    fi
}
hp 840 g5 ,below is errors scran