Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, RehabMan.

I'm planning move to Mojave from High Sierra through fresh install. And one question in not clear for me.
Previously you have recommended avoid using APFS in High Sierra and there are some instructions how to do it.
But I've red at other thread that these instructions is not fit to Mojave installation.

So could you please advice should I install Mojave on APFS or maybe you can provide some instruction how to avoid APFS conversation at Mojave installation?

Thanks!

I'm running all my Mojave installs on APFS. It is forced by the Mojave installer.

Just to note that I tried this method on a 830 G3 and it worked like a charm. The only thing that does not work is the wifi, as expected, but I just ordered a wifi card. I partitioned Windows drive, with the objective to have both operating systems.

One minor issue I had was that Clover did not boot up, so I had to manually change the .efi file on windows boot partition. Now clover still does not boot up, but at least I can use macOS.

Hi RehabMan ^^
First, sorry for my very bad bad eng. It's been some weeks that I try to read and try, re-try and try again to install macos on my Hp Elitebook 840 G4.
Last day finally I made it, so happy right now.

Everything is working 99.9 % ... except for 1 little thing: the audio combo jack.
I'm using last kext file AppleALC downloaded from the repo; audio via speaker is fine, also the internal mic and even the external audio from DP hotplug via hdmi... but when I plug the 3,5mm jack it doesent work.

I tried to follow some guidelines that I found on the forum, without success for now ( I can't manage how change/modify the layout id from my config files, if this can be related to the problem)

Do you think there is a way to make it work? I've attach the debug file with info about my system, if you or someone more expert than me can watch it i would much appreciate :)

Thanks anyway

Mirko

Attachments

• debug_Elitebook_840_g4.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 86
Hi RehabMan ^^
First, sorry for my very bad bad eng. It's been some weeks that I try to read and try, re-try and try again to install macos on my Hp Elitebook 840 G4.

Everything is working 99.9 % ... except for 1 little thing: the audio combo jack.
I'm using last kext file AppleALC downloaded from the repo; audio via speaker is fine, also the internal mic and even the external audio from DP hotplug via hdmi... but when I plug the 3,5mm jack it doesent work.

I tried to follow some guidelines that I found on the forum, without success for now ( I can't manage how change/modify the layout id from my config files, if this can be related to the problem)

Do you think there is a way to make it work? I've attach the debug file with info about my system, if you or someone more expert than me can watch it i would much appreciate :)

Thanks anyway

Mirko

No ioreg in your debug zip. Please check your files before upload.

No ioreg in your debug zip. Please check your files before upload.

Sorry I didn't notice that ioreg dump failed, but now I have it too in the zip file.

Thanks ^^

Attachments

• debug_Elitebook_840_g4_V2.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 60
Hi RehabMan ^^

Thanks anyway

Mirko
Sorry I didn't notice that ioreg dump failed, but now I have it too in the zip file.

Thanks ^^

This problem with CX8200 has been mentioned before. It is some sort of problem with recent changes to AppleALC.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ver-uefi-hotpatch.261719/page-19#post-1826921
And my response here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ver-uefi-hotpatch.261719/page-20#post-1827487

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back