Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
runs very fast, the graphics is perfect audio too this on is with a retina display something wonderful you see everything totally clear and clear

and this is an old 2013 early model but works perfectly

I understand the diffirences about hardware (display,audio etc).
What about the macos feeling ?

perfectly, I do not see a difference from that of hp but on the MacBook works much better but I'm thinking of keeping my hakintosh

Hi, thanks for the great guide RehabMan. I running Mojave on a Elitebook 8470p with HP official dock unit. I didn't tested display output with it, but the rest works fine (Even USB 3.0 ), It's amazing.

Now I need to get the wifi working, I understand that certain p/e books have a whitelisted bios, does the 8470p needs a whitelisted card too?

Edit: Okay since bios version F.44 our 2x70p dont need a whitelist card anymore,every card should work, it gets listed as "test card"
Code:
Version:F.44 (8 Oct 2013)

Enhancements

- Provides support for additional wireless LAN modules.

Last edited:
sorry to answer : will hp 8530w works??

Hi RehabMan,

First, thanks for all the work that you put into all of this and us. Really thank you.

second: problem files attached. hopefully ok this way. via the tool

Now my questions:

I am following this guide to the letter.

I have a Probook 4740s, I5-3210M Ivy bridge CPU, HM76 chipset, Intel HD4000 graphics (1600x900)

1. I guess I need the "Piker-Alpha / ssdtPRGen.sh", but would like to Confirm.

2. Also, do I need the "-w 3" in the "./ssdtPRGen.sh" command? or, how can I tell if I need it??

3. Also: how do I know if I need this:

"Note regarding XCPM on Ivy: For certain troublesome Ivy Bridge CPUs, you may need to use config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelXCPM=true. If you choose to use this option, you can delete ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml and set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true."

4. Form previous post I understand that I need the "./install_acpi.sh install_4x40_hires" because of the 1600x900 display. Right?

Yes, I am a Dummy in this, learning a lot here and very great full for everbodys help and understanding.

kind regards.

Attachments

• debug_5982.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 46
Hi RehabMan,

First, thanks for all the work that you put into all of this and us. Really thank you.

second: problem files attached. hopefully ok this way. via the tool

Now my questions:

I am following this guide to the letter.

I have a Probook 4740s, I5-3210M Ivy bridge CPU, HM76 chipset, Intel HD4000 graphics (1600x900)

1. I guess I need the "Piker-Alpha / ssdtPRGen.sh", but would like to Confirm.

2. Also, do I need the "-w 3" in the "./ssdtPRGen.sh" command? or, how can I tell if I need it??

3. Also: how do I know if I need this:

"Note regarding XCPM on Ivy: For certain troublesome Ivy Bridge CPUs, you may need to use config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelXCPM=true. If you choose to use this option, you can delete ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml and set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true."

4. Form previous post I understand that I need the "./install_acpi.sh install_4x40_hires" because of the 1600x900 display. Right?

Yes, I am a Dummy in this, learning a lot here and very great full for everbodys help and understanding.

kind regards.
Hey,according to your description, 1600*900, should choose to execute: "./install_acpi.sh install_4x40_hires" About CPU frequency conversion, 2nd and 3rd generation CPU is now recommended to use kernelXCPM, or ssdt can be generated by ssdtPRGen,standard voltage CPU does not need to add -w 2 or 3.

Hi, thanks for the great guide RehabMan. I running Mojave on a Elitebook 8470p with HP official dock unit. I didn't tested display output with it, but the rest works fine (Even USB 3.0 ), It's amazing.

Now I need to get the wifi working, I understand that certain p/e books have a whitelisted bios, does the 8470p needs a whitelisted card too?

Edit: Okay since bios version F.44 our 2x70p dont need a whitelist card anymore,every card should work, it gets listed as "test card"
Code:
Version:F.44 (8 Oct 2013)

Enhancements

- Provides support for additional wireless LAN modules.
Elitebook removes the whitelist restriction from the second-generation CPU platform. Your 8470p or 2570p wireless network interface is miniPCIe, you can use DW1510 or DW1550.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back