Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
A last question : is it possible to install Mojave without WiFi card and install it later ? Thank you.

Hello
I installed 10.14.2 on the ProBook 450 G4 I3 7100U
According to the tip RehabMan thank you very much for your contribution and time spent !!!
It does not work only the trackpad is detected but the gestures do not work.
Also does not work headphone jack on AppleALC 1.3.4 after reinstalling on 1.3.3 works headphone jack even after waking up. clover ID 3.
sorry for the english google translator :)

A last question : is it possible to install Mojave without WiFi card and install it later ? Thank you.

Sure ! Again just follow the tutorial and when you get the Wi-Fi card you just put it in your laptop and it will work !

Hello
I installed 10.14.2 on the ProBook 450 G4 I3 7100U
According to the tip RehabMan thank you very much for your contribution and time spent !!!
It does not work only the trackpad is detected but the gestures do not work.
Also does not work headphone jack on AppleALC 1.3.4 after reinstalling on 1.3.3 works headphone jack even after waking up. clover ID 3.
sorry for the english google translator :)

If you have ELAN trackpad maybe is mosue emulation only so no gestures are supported. Reverse any manual changes you made and follow the tutorial. Aftert you followed the tutorial and something doesn't work, use gen_debug.sh tool (you can find it on google) and post the resulted .zip file here.

I have an HP Elitebook 840 G2
- i5 5300U
- 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3
- HD 5500
- 240 GB Kingston SSD 2.5"
- FHD IPS
- LAN only, no WLAN (removed Intel WLAN and Huawei 4G modem), waiting on a compatible board
- High Sierra 10.3.6 from the app store
- latest RehabMan clover, fakesmc builds

after trying everything, and then some, I can't get OS to finish booting from the SSD.

Before this, I had an 850 G2 - zero issues. My friend presently has a 840 G2 (i5 5200U, that's the only difference) - zero issues.

On all of them the hotpatch procedure described here works like a charm, El Capitan, High Sierra and Mojave USB launch the GUI installer, install, boot to desktop and get patched without a hitch.

With this one, I couldn't even get the graphical installer. I had to try the various config.plists from the github repo, eventually, one of them worked (no native resolution, 1024x768 only). the OS installed, I booted from the SSD via Clover from the USB and got to the desktop.

Installed Clover to the SSD, cloned the github repo, download, install downloads, build, install_acpi, copied the 8x0-g2-broadwell to config.plist, as per instructions.

photo_2018-12-29_19-21-58.jpg photo_2018-12-29_19-22-10.jpg

I have the latest BIOS (1.27). All settings are as recommended (hybrid boot, 64 MB video, no fast boot, etc.).

- The createinstallmedia USB that boots to the GUI installer on my friend's 840G2, doesn't boot on mine. ALL BIOS settings are THE SAME.
- His postinstall script does what it's supposed to do, mine does not.

Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 7.13.49 PM.png

This is my 10th hackintosh and the 4th HP Elite/Probook I have set up over the years, and I haven't had any major issues thus far. It blows my mind that the same model behaves that much differently.

I have attached my CLOVER folder and the verbose mode output.

Thanks for any input.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 77
I have an HP Elitebook 840 G2
- i5 5300U
- 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3
- HD 5500
- 240 GB Kingston SSD 2.5"
- FHD IPS
- LAN only, no WLAN (removed Intel WLAN and Huawei 4G modem), waiting on a compatible board
- High Sierra 10.3.6 from the app store
- latest RehabMan clover, fakesmc builds

after trying everything, and then some, I can't get OS to finish booting from the SSD.

Before this, I had an 850 G2 - zero issues. My friend presently has a 840 G2 (i5 5200U, that's the only difference) - zero issues.

On all of them the hotpatch procedure described here works like a charm, El Capitan, High Sierra and Mojave USB launch the GUI installer, install, boot to desktop and get patched without a hitch.

With this one, I couldn't even get the graphical installer. I had to try the various config.plists from the github repo, eventually, one of them worked (no native resolution, 1024x768 only). the OS installed, I booted from the SSD via Clover from the USB and got to the desktop.

Installed Clover to the SSD, cloned the github repo, download, install downloads, build, install_acpi, copied the 8x0-g2-broadwell to config.plist, as per instructions.

View attachment 375696 View attachment 375695

I have the latest BIOS (1.27). All settings are as recommended (hybrid boot, 64 MB video, no fast boot, etc.).

- The createinstallmedia USB that boots to the GUI installer on my friend's 840G2, doesn't boot on mine. ALL BIOS settings are THE SAME.
- His postinstall script does what it's supposed to do, mine does not.

View attachment 375694

This is my 10th hackintosh and the 4th HP Elite/Probook I have set up over the years, and I haven't had any major issues thus far. It blows my mind that the same model behaves that much differently.

I have attached my CLOVER folder and the verbose mode output.

Thanks for any input.

I had some of these 840 g2 and they are the worst when it comes to bios problems, even on windows, they sometimes get stuck at boot for minutes after windows updates.

- 1 reset all bios settings, security, TPM and stuff, try disabling CSM , do rtc reset (detach battery and unplug power, hold power button for 15sec)

- 2 try booting without wifi card, swap memory modules positions

-3 install rehabman clover and check if there are different aptio memory fixes conflicts, try using apfs.efi instead of apfs loader

avoid g2s anyway. they look same as g1, i think they are very rare also cause they run for only 1 year 2015 opposed to g1 2 year (4300u in 2013 and 4310u in 2014)

I'm actually tiping right now to you from a 840 g2 that i cant really give to anyone because it has these little issues i dont want have others deal with :) at least i get 5 hours life and complete silent operation with a -110mv voltageshift undervolt

this guide is wonderful works well on my hakintosh but I bought real makbook and the difference is huge if you have the opportunity, buy a real Mac Happy New Year to All

I have now installed Mojave 10.14.2 on my HP Elitebook 840 G2 (i5 5300U, 2x 4GB, HD 5500, FHD IPS, 2.5" SSD, no WLAN), following the steps in the guide. BIOS settings are as recommended.

I couldn't get to the graphic installer without copying config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist as my config.plist on the USB and then had to use an invalid Graphics/ig-platform-id.

Once there, the OS installed. I installed RehabMan's latest Clover, copied the drivers from my USB to the SSD. The post-install script was performed, downloads installed, SSDT got moved to ACPI/patched using install_8x0g2_broadwell, and I copied config_8x0_G2_Broadwell.plist to CLOVER/config.plist.

The situation is as follows:
  • With the config_8x0G2_Broadwell.plist I am never able to get to the GUI, with anything I've tried under Graphic/ig-platform-id. During boot, -v shows "Unsupported CPU" and "Unsupported PCH", I don't know if that's relevant. It repeatedly prints out "busy timeout[0], (60s): 'IGPU'" and never launches the GUI.
  • With the original config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist and invalid Graphics/ig-platform-id, I am able to get to the GUI, 1024x768 resolution, no acceleration, with a bunch of ACPI related errors during boot.
photo_2018-12-31_16-38-36.jpg photo_2018-12-31_16-42-47.jpg

Now, I am guessing I should somehow combine the two, but I am clueless as to what exactly I should copy and where. I've tried pasting the whole section starting with PCIRoot... but that didn't work. I also looked at the "Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen" but I don't understand any of it.

I've tried googling and read alot about the issues described here, but I couldn't understand most of it, so I am presently just thrusting in the dark here. This being a somewhat popular model, I am hoping someone can give me a step by step guide and/or his/her config.plist.

I've attached the debug output from the problem reporting tool. Is here okay, or should I open a separate thread for my issue?

Thanks and a have a Happy New Year!

Attachments

• debug_12013.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
this guide is wonderful works well on my hakintosh but I bought real makbook and the difference is huge if you have the opportunity, buy a real Mac Happy New Year to All
Can you elaborate about the differences from hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back