Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you again for your replay~
Well, I have finished all the step described here. Now I still have some problem with my laptop.

1. I can not use battery. My laptop will reboot if I plug out power adapter, and then reboot, and then reboot… It seems caused by some step in Post Installation part. After Install OS X the battery works fine. But after running the scripts downloaded from git and copy config.plist, it doesn't work any more. And if I boot from USB(created for installation), the battery works. BTW, there is no battery status in the top bar (can not check in SystemPerfer), and always show 0% of power in SystemPrefer.

2. My Bluetooth doesn’t work. I can not find BT settings in SystemPrefer. My device is BCM94352z and the WiFi works fine. I think it is because lack of usb SSDT.

3. My Intel Lynx Point-LP HD Audio Controller does not work . There is no input/output device. I find AppleALC.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other, but it seems doesn’t work.

4. My trackpad is mouse emulation only. It says there is no trackpad in SystemPrefer. My device is Synaptics SMBus ForcePad, is there any way to get the 3 or 4 fingers support?

BTW, before running the scripts described in Post Installation , there is a "boot from recovery partition" in Clover, But after the running those scripts, the "boot from recovery partition" option is gone.

I have upload data files, can u help me fix the problems above, please~
View attachment 374902
View attachment 374903
View attachment 374904
View attachment 374905

Check that your BIOS is latest, as per post #1.

I am still trying to figure out this timeout problem:

1. 2018-12-26 00:56:12.583326+0200 0x633 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (AppleGraphicsPowerManagement) [AGPM Controller] build gpuDict by GPU IGPU.
2. 2018-12-26 00:56:42.473476+0200 0x408 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: busy timeout[0], (60s): 'AppleIntelCapriController'
3. 2018-12-26 00:56:42.589353+0200 0x40f Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (AppleIntelHD4000Graphics) PPGTT is enabled
4. 2018-12-26 00:56:42.719665+0200 0x408 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: busy extended ok[1], (60s, 60s)

There is 30 seconds difference between those 2 logs. I can't figure out this. Sorry to bother you but I am running out of ideas.

You have no IMEI on the PCI bus. It is a motherboard hardware and/or firmware/BIOS flash issue. It can also be caused by having an ES/QS CPU (such CPUs don't have IMEI).

Check that your BIOS is latest, as per post #1.
I update my bios from v01.038(01/23/2018) to v01.042(latest) today. After that I reinstall the OS and redo all the steps. Now I still have no battery, no Bluetooth, no trackpad, no sound, no recovery partiton. It seems change nothing.
I upload the logs of scripts, may helpful for debug.

Attachments

• PostInstallationScript.pdf
    93.2 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
You have no IMEI on the PCI bus. It is a motherboard hardware and/or firmware/BIOS flash issue. It can also be caused by having an ES/QS CPU (such CPUs don't have IMEI).

That explains a lot ! Thanks !

I will try and look into this issue. There is no workaround for the timeout I assume.

Last edited:
You might look into AlcPlugFix and see if it helps. Also, test headphone jack after sleep/wake cycle.
power on with headphones - no result
sleep/wake - no result
sleep/wake with headphones - no result
AlcPlugFix output attached screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-12-26 at 19.35.05.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-26 at 19.35.05.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 91
So, I solved the problem by reflashing the BIOS using a USB programmer !

Rehabman, you where the one which give me a light in my head, I didn't tought about this and I didn't check it on Windows if there is the driver loaded and obviously it wasn't. THANKS !!!! many laptop services said that or the GPU or there is some power delivery problem but is just a BIOS corruption.

For other users with same problem like mine:

If you don't have IMEI device detected, and you have power on issues on Windows and macOS too, reflash the BIOS (the whole 8 MB file) using an USB programmer. Search for "Clean Dumped Intel Engine (CS)ME/(CS)TXE
Regions with Data Initialization" on Google.

Hi,
I don't have any PC now but perhaps I could get a HP EliteBook 8470p.
What is the best choice for this laptop ? BCM94352HMB ? BCM94360HMB ?
The guide indicates Broadcom 4352HMB, is it the same than BCM94352HMB ?
Thank you !

Hi,
I don't have any PC now but perhaps I could get a HP EliteBook 8470p.
What is the best choice for this laptop ? BCM94352HMB ? BCM94360HMB ?
The guide indicates Broadcom 4352HMB, is it the same than BCM94352HMB ?
Thank you !

if you get the more expensive one aka BCM94360HMB has native support in macOS and better speeds if your router and internet connection supports it vs BCM94352HMB.You also need new antennas for BCM94360HMB.

If you don't need better speeds and you want lss hassle then go for the BCM94352HMB.

if you get the more expensive one aka BCM94360HMB has native support in macOS and better speeds if your router and internet connection supports it vs BCM94352HMB.You also need new antennas for BCM94360HMB.

If you don't need better speeds and you want lss hassle then go for the BCM94352HMB.
Thank you, I don't want to add new antennas and I don't need a huge speed so I'll go for the BCM94352HMB. Is Ethernet working also ?

Thank you, I don't want to add new antennas and I don't need a huge speed so I'll go for the BCM94352HMB. Is Ethernet working also ?

Yes, ethernet is working too. Just make sure to follow the guide exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back