Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RehabMan,
do you have any suggestions to solve this problem that seems generic for CX20724 hardware. Both layouts (5 and 7) give the same result described by droofy in post #2445.
Thanks in advance.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Has anybody been able to get HDCP/DRM protected videos to play on their laptop? I've tried with latest IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, Shiki.kext and of course Lilu.kext and couldn't get iTunes to play any movies from my library (whether I tried streaming it or actually downloaded the movie first), the movie stays at 0 and nothing plays or shows on screen. Neither could I get Safari to play any of my Amazon Prime Video movies (shows an error about not being able to play video at this time).
I also tried removing IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and Shiki.kext, and using the latest WhateverGreen.kext instead (since it now seems to have all 3 graphicsFixups and shiki merged into it), same results.

I updated kextcache after changing kext in both /L/E and Clover/Kexts/Other, booted without caches just to be sure kexts were updated, tried resetting DRM (com.apple.coremedia and com.apple.AppleGVA) set the Intel decoder, and nothing...

Has anyone had any luck with this?
I've found a couple possible solutions, but I don't want to go messing with too many things and break an otherwise working system. Worst case, I've got backups, so it's not much of a risk to try, but I figured I'd ask here first to see if anyone has any suggestions or advice that might be better suited for these laptops and RehabMan's guide.

THX for any info/ideas you guys may have.

Look into Shiki.kext including applicable Shiki kernel flags as documented in the Shiki documentation.

bios password that unable to access bios for allowing boot on external usb

Off-topic here.
Refer to google for solutions.

Hi is there support for 1040 G4?

You might look into the support already provided for other KabyLake-R laptops.
Chances are yours is similar to one of them.

Thanks for your nice work.
My 820G3 works perfect on macOS 10.13.6.
But when I use 820G3 docking station, the dp port can't work.
About System-Display can show the external monitor, in fact the external monitor nothing to show.

However, 2570p use DP-port of docking station works very perfect.
Looking for helps, thanks.

You failed to attach any problem reporting files.

So I am having a problem booting into the installing setup of high sierra. Most things intailize but I get to the point were it comes up with kextd stall(0), 240s: acpi smc platform plugin pci8086 104 and gets stuck. This 8560p has and 6470m without switchable graphics. Attached is the problem that I am having. Thanks in advanced

Attachments

• 299039-eb50f84f849c9c8ca2be4947c6b2b077.jpg
    299039-eb50f84f849c9c8ca2be4947c6b2b077.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 67
Plus I am getting ioconsoleusers: gioscreenlockstate 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm0x0

So I am having a problem booting into the installing setup of high sierra. Most things intailize but I get to the point were it comes up with kextd stall(0), 240s: acpi smc platform plugin pci8086 104 and gets stuck. This 8560p has and 6470m without switchable graphics. Attached is the problem that I am having. Thanks in advanced
Plus I am getting ioconsoleusers: gioscreenlockstate 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm0x0

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4 MB · Views: 101
  • 299039-eb50f84f849c9c8ca2be4947c6b2b077.jpg
    299039-eb50f84f849c9c8ca2be4947c6b2b077.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 76
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back