Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your nice work.
My 820G3 works perfect on macOS 10.13.6.
But when I use 820G3 docking station, the dp port can't work.
About System-Display can show the external monitor, in fact the external monitor nothing to show.

However, 2570p use DP-port of docking station works very perfect.
Looking for helps, thanks.
Sorry about that, here is the report with F2.
Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks, RehabMan.

Attachments

• CLOVER_4631_820g3(with_F2).zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 75
Hi all,
I followed the guide in this forum to install High Sierra 10.13.3 for my HP 450 G3 Probook (with many supports of sir
RehabMan :D). I use triple-boot: Windows 10, Ubuntu 16.04 and High Sierra 10.13.3

The *only* thing that does not work correct is, some times:
- In some cases, the built in keyboard is not regconized after boot: I can not type password to log in. In this case, I have to connect external USB-keyboard to continue using.
- In some cases, the boot takes about 5 mins to finish (VERY slow). After slow boot process, everything is OK.

Long time I have not touched MacOS (I mainly used Windows 10 for my work). Until yesterday, I rechecked BIOS and tried to disable Bluetooth of this laptop. Since then, the boot of MacOS always FAST. I think Bluetooth is the cause of slowly boot of MacOS in HP 450 G3 (which uses Broadcom for Wifi card + Bluetooth). So, I share here for guys using HP 450 G3 like me.
------

And, I want to ask guys in this forum, how to upgrade to the newest High Sierra 10.13.6 from 10.13.3. Can I just update from Appstore, or do something more? Thanks for your support!

Last edited:
Hi all,
I followed the guide in this forum to install High Sierra 10.13.3 for my HP 450 G3 Probook (with many supports of sir
RehabMan :D). I use triple-boot: Windows 10, Ubuntu 16.04 and High Sierra 10.13.3

The *only* thing that does not work correct is, some times:
- In some cases, the built in keyboard is not regconized after boot: I can not type password to log in. In this case, I have to connect external USB-keyboard to continue using.
- In some cases, the boot takes about 5 mins to finish (VERY slow). After slow boot process, everything is OK.

Long time I have not touched MacOS (I mainly used Windows 10 for my work). Until yesterday, I rechecked BIOS and tried to disable Bluetooth of this laptop. Since then, the boot of MacOS always FAST. I think Bluetooth is the cause of slowly boot of MacOS in HP 450 G3 (which uses Broadcom for Wifi card + Bluetooth). So, I share here for guys using HP 450 G3 like me.
------

And, I want to ask guys in this forum, how to upgrade to the newest High Sierra 10.13.6 from 10.13.3. Can I just update from Appstore, or do something more? Thanks for your support!

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

About System-Display can show the external monitor, in fact the external monitor nothing to show.

However, 2570p use DP-port of docking station works very perfect.
Looking for helps, thanks.

Sorry about that, here is the report with gen_debug.sh(F2&F4).
Thanks, RehabMan.

Attachments

• debug_26258.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 88
  • QQ20180807-135459@2x.png
    [email protected]
    1.2 MB · Views: 79
Sorry about that, here is the report with gen_debug.sh(F2&F4).
Thanks, RehabMan.

This ioreg shows no external monitor connected. Are you certain you had it connected when you collected the ioreg?

This ioreg shows no external monitor connected. Are you certain you had it connected when you collected the ioreg?

Sorry, I forgot connect the DP-port of docking station when I collected.
Here are debug files. Docking station include two DP-ports.
By the way. Following are found bugs.
1.Docking station's DP-port can not work as described previously.
2.Close the lid, after sleep, open lid, and reboot/shutdown OS, screen sometimes will display "wave pattern".
3.The audio volume level does not save after reboot. When I change the volume with the keys F8 / F9 it decreases / increases the sound but in the menu bar at the top right the speaker stays at 100%.
4.Clover use "-v" to boot, in the menu bar at the top right the power logo will lose.

My English is not good, hope it is clear.
Looking forward to your reply, thanks.

Attachments

• 820G3-debug_15946-DP2.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 84
  • 820G3-debug_25959-DP1.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 82
1.Docking station's DP-port can not work as described previously.

External display on each DP1/DP2 is shown/detected at framebuffer@1.
Probably the dock is using some sort of DP chaining, which macOS does not support.

2.Close the lid, after sleep, open lid, and reboot/shutdown OS, screen sometimes will display "wave pattern".

You would need to show a photo.

3.The audio volume level does not save after reboot. When I change the volume with the keys F8 / F9 it decreases / increases the sound but in the menu bar at the top right the speaker stays at 100%.

You might try the "volume slider sync, by wern" patch that you find in config_CX8200.plist in the github repo.

4.Clover use "-v" to boot, in the menu bar at the top right the power logo will lose.

No idea what you mean by "power logo will lose".
If you're referring to the battery status on the system menu bar, probably related to APFS delays at boot.
You should have installed to HFS+J.
Otherwise, deal with it (typically, you do not use verbose boot that often), or tweak battery status delay via abm_firstpolldelay as described in the "common problems" thread here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

RehabMan.
Thanks for your help.

External display on each DP1/DP2 is shown/detected at framebuffer@1.
Probably the dock is using some sort of DP chaining, which macOS does not support.
Any possible to resolve it? Or we must give up use DP on Dock station?

You would need to show a photo.
Yeah, fyi the pic. After shutdown/reboot, screen sometimes will display "wave pattern". Like the pic. About 10-15s can see HP logo.
wave.png

You might try the "volume slider sync, by wern" patch that you find in config_CX8200.plist in the github repo.
Resolved.

No idea what you mean by "power logo will lose".
If you're referring to the battery status on the system menu bar, probably related to APFS delays at boot.
You should have installed to HFS+J.
Otherwise, deal with it (typically, you do not use verbose boot that often), or tweak battery status delay via abm_firstpolldelay as described in the "common problems" thread here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/
Got it.

Hello,

I just installed on a Elitebook 840 G3 High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65). Everything works pretty well! Just a few little bug.

The audio volume level does not save after a reboot. When I change the volume with the keys F8 / F9 it decreases / increases the sound but in the menu bar at the top right the speaker stays at 100%.
On the other hand it works well on another output (airplay audio for example).

Same issue here on Elitebook 820 G3 hardware...
is there a solution?

Hey Guys, fyi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back