Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I'm back. Unfortunately I didn't manage to get DisplayPort working.

What I tried:
1) Hotplug DisplayPort cables
2) Boot with both displays plugged in (and laptop screen open)

As usual, debug zip attached.

Your config.plist is not per guide.

Hi Rehabman,

I just need to confirm that this guide is still correct with the latest 10.12.6 + Security patches?
Or is it better to rather follow the various audio/battery/etc. guides separately from this guide's scripts?

Reason I'm asking: I've had the update done (mistakenly) this weekend, and since then I can use the USB install with Clover guide to get the system booted up, but the moment I use the ssdtPRgen/sh + 4x0_g0 config.plist file, I'm getting boot crashes and I can't yet understand them.

I attached the EFI-ssd that doesn't work, and the EFI-usb that is bootable (no audio, battery)

and some of the captured crash output that MacOS gave me as I booted from the USB.

Hmmm... Okay previously I did ran the ssdtPRgen.sh, as I have an Ivy Bridge, as per post #1:

So please forgive me for being confused on that, perhaps please add that the ProBook's don't need that in post#1?

Otherwise, Thank you again Rehabman!
Though it seemed I have tripped on a problem with the VoodooPS2Controller's SSDT injection for my replacing Caps lock with Ctrl that is causing these crashes, will double check that and report/question in their forums.

Ivy Bridge requires SSDT.aml from ssdtPRgen.sh.
Haswell and later do not.
Maybe your profile was not filled out correctly at the time I looked at your post...

Read post #1 for correct EFI/Clover setup.

If you have a problem, attach PR files as per FAQ.

Your config.plist is not per guide.

I've redone it now. I attached a new zip. I kept 11,1 and Trust being true for SMBIOS. Now nothing else is different in the config.plist (so I kept ScreenResolution as default).

Some progress! It can detect 1 of 2 displays as a 2nd display and it duplicates the other. How can I set it so it detects both DisplayPort displays as extended displays (with or without laptop screen as 3rd display).

2018-06-12_16-14-14.png 2018-06-12_16-15-06.png

Attachments

• debug_27839.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 103
If present (somewhere in /var/log), gen_debug.sh will automatically include them.

NVRAM problem.
You should check that NVRAM is working correctly.
Sometimes, using AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFix*.efi + EmuVariableUefi-64.efi can help with NRAM.
Also, if you at one time had EmuVariableUefio-64.efi, you should probably insure that you have no nvram.plist at the root of your EFI partition.

In any case, you will need to provide the KP data (either KP logs, or KP photo).
Ok, thanks for this info. I had only OsxAptiofixDrv-64 installed and i now switched it to AptioMemoryFix. Are there some downsides or significant difference in using the latter or something i should expect after switching?

I don't think i've had EmuVariableUefi-64, but i'm not completely sure. I do have nvram.plist in the root of my EFI partition - shouldn't it be there?

(and just to be clear, i'm now testing these things on the High Sierra installation instead of the older Sierra one, in hopes i could move to High Sierra if no reason appears not to. )

Dear all, dear rehabman,

have used RehabMan's wonderfully working I2C branch for trying the voodooI2C drivers, which work ok, have some advantages over voodooPS2 and unfortunately some annoyances ;) see voodooI2C thread at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/voodooi2c-help-and-support.243378/

now my question is, if I want to exit the i2c branch again, in order to reinstall the working voodooPS2 kext and reevaluate/compare PS2 with I2C driver performance, how would I do that? "gitHub checkout master" seems to be wrong.
simple deleting of the I2C kexts in /L/E, replace with older config.plist (in order to enable apple attaching to I2C again) won't be enough obviously. I think I should re-enable voodoops2kexboard.kext to load. but how? :)

Thanks and cheers!

edit: to answer my question on my own - the command is "git checkout master" instead of "gitHub checkout master" ;) now all is good and reinstall of VoodooPS2 is working well - consider updating from repository and you're again good to go with VoodooPS2

Last edited:
Hi there! successfully installed macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 on a HP Elitebook 840 G4, with 2x4GB DDR4 RAM, FHD Screen (1920x1080) and M2 SSD.

- Audio (Conexant ISST audio): Working (internal speakers and audio jack) (I used appleHDA patcher 1.8 from here: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/496-applehda-patcher/, and selected Conexant CX20752)
- Video (HD 620 integrated): working with accelerated graphics (used *8x0_g4_*.plist)
- USB: Working (not checked if 3.0)
- Laptop function buttons (volume/brightness): working
- Battery level indicator: working
- Trackpad: working.
- LAN ethernet: working.
- WiFi: working (replaced original ¨Intel AC 8265 Dual Band¨ module with an older "Atheros QCNFA335" that I found out there, and used kexts from this youtube video: ¨-i9mHJSh82E¨ , installed with kextBeast)
- VGA output: working.
- sleep: working.

More info about my laptop:

WLAN: Intel AC 8265 Dual Band.
LAN: Intel i219-LM.
CPU: Intel Core i7 7600 2.80Ghz KabyLake.
Mother: 828C (U3E1).
Graphics: HD 620.
Audio: Conexant ISST audio.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Good day to all. Have a problem with starting my HP 4330s on i3-2370M. Adding a screen shot of error on loading. If starting on clean Clover config - start's just fine (with not working camera & sound actually, but it's really not necessary for launch). I have done everything just as in install guide - no go. 2 years ago i've already done this, and it work's just fine after all install. Now - no go, after loading DSMOS - IntelCPU kext error and ACPI error, SMC kext error too. OS - 10.12.6, Clover - 4533 (installed, and on booting flash-drive also)

Attachments

• IMG_20180613_105532.jpg
    IMG_20180613_105532.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 110
Last edited:
i have the same laptop, it works nicely with High Sierra use this one config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    19.9 KB · Views: 184
i have the same laptop, it works nicely with High Sierra use this one config.plist
No go, the same error as on screenshot. Maybe some error's in SSDT.aml creating (i saw this "Maybe now correct CPU...", do not remember all, but it was "Warning" not an error, so i ignore it.) + 4 desktop PC work's fine without any DSDT patches, so i don't now were to lock in that side of problem. Can anyone help?

UPD: Tried to start clean install on full clear ssd with config from guide - no go. Same error that in screen posted above. Really, i don't understand - what the trick?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back